Thread: Self catering for my coffee needs which makes a better coffee Sunbeam 6910 or Presso

Self catering for my coffee needs which makes a better coffee Sunbeam 6910 or Presso

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello All
    I have recently moved to the suburbs and am struggling to find a coffee to my standards.

I drink a Piccolo or Macchiato, I will be using the machine a few time during the week and weekends where I have an average of two coffees a day

Questions
    I am trying to decide how I am going to self cater for my coffee needs.
    * I already have a grinder Delonghi KG100 do I need to upgrade my grinder
    * With the style of coffee I drink I am not sure whether the sunbeam 6910 is an overkill as i am happy to microwave the milk.

*Presso Coffee maker..from what I have read the Presso makes a good coffee

*So Finally I need help Sunbeam 6910 or Presso

***Please help because i am confused on what to purchase

Re: Self catering for my coffee needs which makes a better coffee Sunbeam 6910 or Presso

i noticed the grinder deal is on again with the 6910, i was thinking you will need to upgrade our kg100 for both the presso or 6910

6910 gives you easier range of coffees Presso might be simpler and cheaper

Re: Self catering for my coffee needs which makes a better coffee Sunbeam 6910 or Presso

Considering the KG100 only has ten grind settings... Id go with the presso - you can change the pressure to vary your extraction.
    If you want to use a pump driven machine Id get a grinder which has more adjustment levels.

I am appreciating the feed back, I have just discovered the Lelit Combp is this another option I should consider???

Quote Originally Posted by 61494A4243487964544351260 link=1294219198/3#3 date=1294220403
    I am appreciating the feed back, I have just discovered the Lelit Combp is this another option I should consider???
    yes its about the same level as a Gee, 6910, silvia etc

it (lelit) is a single boiler so you need to understand the difference to thermoblock machines and how they operate

Just to add another comment for people that many consider the manual way over a cheaper machine, my opinion is that the manual way is better.

We picked up a give away machine from the pay it forward board and are really glad we did, *Its a Breville and was worth Ive seen around $450, my OH pulled it apart, we cleaned it all up and then put it back together and tested it.

Of course we couldnt just not use it :), I like trying out how coffee tastes from different machines so we started using it.

I then switched back to the Presso and I can tell you the coffee is sooooo much better, its cleaner and you can actually taste the flavours in the coffee, with the Breville sure you could tell it was a different coffee but not by much.

I use the Breville for the steam wand for milk for my OHs coffees and occasionally mine and thats about it now.

I thought I should add that this opinion only stands for the cheaper end of the machines, I havent used any of the top end mahcines yet to see if my thoughts still stand.