Thread: Saeco Odea Go reset

Saeco Odea Go reset

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    My Saeco Odea Go is out of sync and needs a reset.
    When brew group is inserted, the machine starts its boot up cycle - gets half way and then stops with the 2 lights flashing as per page 9 of the manual where the advice is to get it to the service centre.
    I have tried fiddling with the micro switch behind the brew group to get the drive spindle to settle at its correct position. No doubt the exact procedure is simple but not readily available in the real world.

NE1 know how to re-sync this machine?

Re: Saeco Odea Go reset

Hello B_R

This is a very interesting and instructive question for the List.

Firstly, I dont know a thing about this model.

However, you may be interested to know that from my past experience of this kind of thing with earlier model automatic machines, it is possibe that with your resetting a microswitch/es that sets the stop position, you may then end up with a bigger bill for the repair because when the actual cause of the problem is diagnosed and rectified, the brew unit may stop at some other position (due to your resetting it).

Ergo the time spent in the rectification may well be extended due to having to set the microswitch back to the position it was at originally, which could well be a trial and error thing.

Whilst you could be lucky and I could be on the wrong track, these are the kinds of things you need to think about before rolling your sleeves up, and my best advice is to take it to an authorised Saeco repairer in your area for rectification.

Regardz,
    Attilio
    very first CS site sponsor.

Yes. that is exactly what page 9 of the instructions says.
    However, there is always some additional stuff required for a simple reset that then generates a $349.78 bill.
    I bought an ALDI china made auto machine for $399 so i am good to go. This recognises the reset requirement and i get a brewing group wrench to fix this problem in the box.
    Hopefully, someone will advise the way to fix the GO machine and i shall have 2 machines. If not i have a lot of good spare parts. Now I know how to pull the go apart and i was surprised re the amount of cleaning i needed to do.
    I just refuse to pay big money for a simple repair. however, as always the exact mode of reset is only known to the service centre.
    should i ever work it out, then all will know.

I will again preface by saying I dont know anything about this model....or the Aldi model for that matter.

However its not necessarily a "simple reset" or a "simple repair".

Beware the possibility of misunderstanding the intent of a manufacturer supplying a "brew unit wrench" in the box for you. *In the past these "wrenches" were included with every Saeco auto. And they only reset the brew unit while it is in your hand ie out of the machine. That is, it is for resetting the brew unit in case it goes out of position while it is being cleaned or whatever, not for somehow turning the mechanical internals of the machine back to the proper point of "rest". In fact if you try to do that you could break teeth (plastic) off the gearbox cogs and then the machine certainly will not go to its proper resting position.

I am not arguing the point just letting you know some background and that there can be more to it than a simple "reset".

Someone who knows about these things (and who is willing to give away their expertise) should chime in any time and correct me if I am wrong, and it will be great if your machine can be fixed easily and at home.

Regardz,
    Attilio.

Quote Originally Posted by 3635300B263B363B20540 link=1295828461/2#2 date=1295834370
    I just refuse to pay big money for a simple repair.
    Fair enough but it may not be a "simple" repair.