Thread: Gaggia Classic double spout position.

Gaggia Classic double spout position.

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi there,

I just replaced my Gaggia Classic portafilter as the handle broke (couldnt get the silly screw out as it looks like it had rusted) and also got a replacement closed double spout from Coffeeparts.com (they are fantastic).

I have found however, screwing on the double spout and putting the portafilter into the machine the spout seems to sit facing towards the left hand side of the machine so if i put two cups under it one will be in front of the other. *Does anyone know if this is normal, i screwed it onto my old portafilter and it sits facing the water tank so i can put the cups next to each other - i didnt have this problem with the open double spout because that ones pretty much centered on the portafilter, whilst this closed spout handle is off to the side.

Does anyone knwo if this is normal, you cant just turn the spout half way round then screw it in as the ridges dont aline and allow you to change that. **Im assuming it may be pot luck as to how the portafilter or the spout are machined as to which direction the spout ends up on your portafilter?

So if I put my new spout on tightly, the spout faces to the left. *If i do a half turn to make it sit so the spouts are more centered across the drip tray its screwed on but lose on the portafilter, and im not sure if this will cause any problems when brewing or anything else?

Any advice would definitely be appreciated and i hope im explaining myself ok.. :)

Thanks,

Caffeine Junky

Re: Gaggia Classic double spout position.

Just use some plumbers/thread tape available from any hardware store for around $2. Wrap a few turns around the thread then screw the spout back on. This will give you some play as to the position of the spout.