Thread: Silvia-Rocky rock

Silvia-Rocky rock

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Thanks to input received on this site, I finally made my purchases after a year of toing and froing (I think thats how its spelt). Im now a two-day seasoned barista, with a great course run by Jetblack Expresso on Tuesday followed by two days of making my own capaccinos on my Sivia + Rocky combo. Im not bragging, but hey, Ive had two days of really good coffee. I thougth I would continue to use the plunger in the morning and only use Miss Silvia mid-morning. But you know what? you cant go back to plunger after having your own capaccinos. A rich, satisfying cap lingers on the palette in a way that a plunger brew simply cannot. Anyway, still lots to learn as I strive to improve my craft. I can see why there are so many coffee obsessives in the world.

TC

Re: Silvia-Rocky rock

Well done Richard, sounds like youve made a great start.

Next task is to forgo cups of chino for a correctly spelt and executed cappuccino ;)

Enjoy the ride!

Congratulations on making great cappuccinos,all you need later after getting used to it is synesso double basket and a pid with steam control from jetblack and the difference is a lot,very fast steaming and micro foam all the time.
    Im not going to coffee shops as much now as most of them dont taste anywhere as good what i can make at home, plus getting near $5.00 a large takeaway.
    Just use fresh beans,i use de-bella ali-reserve its expensive but what a taste on my silvia.
    Enjoy

Hey; my combo has the PID and I cant believe how easy it is to get a good shot plus spot-on steam. Im not so naive as to believe Im really a barista, but with plungers as my benchmark, it has been easy to nail that flavour that only really good cafes have offered. My 13 yr old daughter is impressed with my hot chocolates, but my wife is worried about my announcement that I will plunge no more. I live near Bellaroma and I have a good start-up supply of beans from Jetblack Expresso to keep me happy. Once I nail the correct spelling of cappuccino, my life will have been lifted to a new level. No seriously, once you taste a good extraction your life is either a misery or heaven. To think I thought I knew something about good coffee! I knew nothing. And Im still only 60 with decades of learning in front of me.