Thread: Breville Fresca Mess

Breville Fresca Mess

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello

We have just purchased the Fresca. Does anyone else have problems with the coffee going all over the bench when it is grinding, and in the drip tray (quite alot of waste really).

Also, would love some tips on whether or not to use the Dual wall or single filter and we are yet to get the grind setting right and the grind amount arrrgghhh does it ever happen, and then you have to change grind amount when it is just for one person!!!

Cheers and thanks, Kristy

Re: Breville Fresca Mess

Kristy

Are you pushing the portafilter into the plastic grinding cradle as shown in the photo on page 8 of the “Getting to know your machine “ side of the instruction book?

I find it a good fit and little coffee is wasted. Pushing the portafilter starts the grinder motor.

If you hold the portafilter under the grinding cradle coffee will go everywhere.

I use the single walled, single dose basket.

I warm up the portafilter and cup before adding the coffee by running a shot of water.

I set the grinder doser on single with the knob at about one oclock.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by 0A07080D06001504610 link=1296966941/0#0 date=1296966941
    Hello

We have just purchased the Fresca. *Does anyone else have problems with the coffee going all over the bench when it is grinding, and in the drip tray (quite alot of waste really).

Also, would love some tips on whether or not to use the Dual wall or single filter and we are yet to get the grind setting right and the grind amount arrrgghhh does it ever happen, and then you have to change grind amount when it is just for one person!!!

Cheers and thanks, Kristy
    We have just purchased the Fresca. *Does anyone else have problems with the coffee going all over the bench when it is grinding, and in the drip tray (quite alot of waste really).

Oh yes very much so!!..i think to get the correct dose it will happen every time!

Also, would love some tips on whether or not to use the Dual wall or single filter

The Fresca was my first espresso machine, so at first i did use the dual wall filters and the frothing attachment, when i became more confident and gained a bit of experience they where put in the back of the draw (where they belong). *

and then you have to change grind amount when it is just for one person!!!

You dont need to change the grind amount, just swap to the single basket,..then press the button back over from the double to the single and it will automatically change grind amount for a single shot.

Stuart.

The grind does tend to heap up over the top of the basket but I have found that if you wobble the portafilter slightly, while still in the rest, the grind will settle - then if you cup the index finger of your spare hand round the back of the portafilter as you remove it from the rest, then most or all the grind will stay in the basket while you even it out.

I also found that the dose has to be set right back - setting it to dual wall in the one oclock position delivers about the right amount for a single wall, so I suspect that it is always going to deliver too much for a dual wall, though I havent tried the dual wall basket yet.

Have only had the 860 for a few days now and am very happy with it, only problem is I am now drinking far too much coffee!!!