Thread: Machine selection help

Machine selection help

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi everyone, Im very new to the art of coffee making & i need some beginners advice. Im about to purchase a machine for around $1000 give or take, i always thought a fully automatic machine such as the Seaco Talea would be exactly what i need. Can someone confirm that for me pls or even suggest a better option? Im pretty much a complete novice but Im eager to learn, thanks for help in advance :)

A_M

Re: Machine selection help

Quote Originally Posted by 1C2D293A0C3A2738480 link=1299301477/0#0 date=1299301477
    Hi everyone, Im very new to the art of coffee making & i need some beginners advice. Im about to purchase a machine for around $1000 give or take, i always thought a fully automatic machine such as the Seaco Talea would be exactly what i need. Can someone confirm that for me pls or even suggest a better option? Im pretty much a complete novice but Im eager to learn, thanks for help in advance :)
    TearDrop... Drop in and see a sponsor (over there to teh left) B4 you spend a cent !!!!

Go and visit* / try a few different machines as Autos sound good to many but they do not always live up to expectations. In addition any used one is just that and Autos can be expensive to maintain fully...

A nespresso system is different but many traditionalists do not like / approve.

The catch with a more traditional machine is that you will need a grinder and to buy fresh roasted beans to start with.

However the outcome is coffee that is in most cases miles in front of many cafes and 95% of the Autos in the 1K range.* Gilkatho Online is running a special at the moment.* I recommend him if your in Brisbane as his after sales service is Great and he knows his Autos....

Do your research and go and play with a few first.*

$1k may be enough but you may need to stretch a touch further, if you want NEW.

My 2 cents worth.

Re: Machine selection help

Thx heaps for the advice m8.