Thread: Full Circle Back Flush for a mouldy Silvia?

Full Circle Back Flush for a mouldy Silvia?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Just wondering if anyone has used Full Circle Back Flush and how does it compare to the likes of Caffeto etc?

I have a Silvia that was accidentally and unfortunately stored for 4 months with coffee left in the basket (after pouring a shot* >:() which had grown an unhealthy amount of mould.

I have pulled out the shower screen and scrubbed all traces of coffee/mould away as well as cleaning the screen & assoc. screw etc and basket (putting through a few dish washer cycles after a scrub) obviously shots from this machine are putrid and I hope doing 2 or 3 complete backflush cycles will remedy this. I also plan on running triple action cleaner through the machine a couple of times.

Will Full Circle Back Flush be suitable, or any other backflush detergent?

Or am I fighting a loosing battle and get the machine serviced by one of the site sponsors?

I know backflushing etc has been done to death on this site but could find any posts relating to the mould issue I have.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Mick

(and please dont bag me out for what has inadvertently happened to my machine, Im #$%^#$ enough at my self as it is!)

Re: Full Circle Back Flush for a mouldy Silvia?

Never heard of it.

Why not just use Cafetto?
    Being a site sponsor you should ask them their opinion regarding your mould problem and their products ability to solve it.

Might be worth getting a full service somewhere that includes the removal and clean of the boiler.

Would mould spores have migrated back through all the tubing to the boiler?

Quote Originally Posted by 1B273A212B2A3D28202B4F0 link=1300932121/1#1 date=1300941737
    Never heard of it.

Why not just use Cafetto?
    Being a site sponsor you should ask them their opinion regarding your mould problem and their products ability to solve it.
    Full Circle is available thru site sponsor Bombora, it is apparently a greener professional grade alternative to other backflush detergents - for reasons I wont go into here I have an aversion to certain chemicals & cleaners. Id like to hear if anyone here has given Full Circle a go. I didnt think to ask cafetto or bombora directly, Ill shoot them an email.

Quote Originally Posted by 3B3D2A213B3C24264F0 link=1300932121/2#2 date=1300943032
    Might be worth getting a full service somewhere that includes the removal and clean of the boiler.

Would mould spores have migrated back through all the tubing to the boiler?
    The more I think about it I think its worth giving the backflush and triple action cleaner a go first - I live a couple of hours from Melbourne and dont have time with work commitments at the moment to make the trip up - I assume that there would be more than a day turn around on getting a service so it would mean a couple of trips. I suppose I could get it couriered?

Thanks for the comments!

Quote Originally Posted by 564E444B4E4057151D250 link=1300932121/3#3 date=1300961080
    for reasons I wont go into here I have an aversion to certain chemicals & cleaners.
    I use the Cafetto EVO.
    It complies with the Organic Materials Review Institute and is also registered by the Biological farmers of Australia as approved for use in organic systems.

It contains 25% Sodium percarbonate

TC

Its an excellent cleaner, though a little less sudsy than Clean Machine (my fave) and Cafetto. I use it on my home machine.

All do the job really well, so there is no reason not to use it.

Chris

Well I managed to find the time this weekend to de-scale and back flush and I am amazed by the results, theres no hint of the horrid taint that I could taste (Prior to the clean it was undrinkable).

I did use Full Circle Back Flush and as Chris mentioned does a great job.

I never back flushed prior to now due to when I bought the machine as it was stated back flushing would void my warranty. It was certainly well worth doing and now will be part of the weekly routine...

Thanks for the replies

Mick