Thread: Help

Help

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

My wife just gave me a Krups EA8080 fully auto coffee machine. I had a quick look around but did not see a lot of reviews for this product. I was really thinking a manual coffee machine would be great and i am not sure if i should keep it or ebay it. Its brand new and i have not opened it yet and was looking for some feedback. Does anyone know if these machines are any good? Can they make a better coffee that i will be able to? I was hoping to do a course and start making my own....your advice is welcome :)

Thanks,

Brett

Caffeine Junky

Re: Help

You wont get too may fans of any superauto around here. Ebay or return it for sure.

Yep, sorry to tell you that any superauto will only make bilge water - theres just too many variables that are all interconnected that need to be accounted for to make a decent coffee.

Caffeine Junky

After a quick google search it looks like your gift is worth around $1200. For that money you could get yourself a decent espresso machine & grinder set up, such as:

Lelit PL042
    Lelit PL041 + Breville BCG800
    GEE + Breville BCG800

Thanks for the replies guys! Well i guess the feeling is strong in regard to the automatic machines.....was hoping for a yeah that ones pretty good :) hehehehe Not to worry i guess now the question is what would the best manual to buy for around 800-1k mark. I have a basic hario slim hand grinder and normally make coffee for 2 to 4 people at a time. Most of the drinks are milk based tho i often drink black.

Cheers,

brett