Results 1 to 31 of 31

Thread: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    28

    New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

    Im new to coffeesnobs, and after hours of online research and sifting through many many posts here and elsewhere, I am almost ready to get my first domestic espresso machine and grinder! Have used a few commercial machines and grinders in my hospitality days but its been a while since then and now want one for the home. Looking at a semi-auto machine in this mid price-range, and everything seems to constantly point to the Lelit or Silvia. I am leaning towards the Lelit for value (probably the combi model - will only grind as much as I use). Otherwise Id probably get a Rocky Grinder to go with whatever machine I bought (unless better recommendations around or less than that price).

    Now - In QLD, I am finding it difficult to find suppliers who stock the Lelit. I can only find these online and would prefer to buy at the store. I found one that stocks the Silvia, but I think I would prefer to get the Lelit.

    Anyone know of where I could go?!

    Also happy to take any other recommendations for machine/grinder if you have any.

    Thanks in advance.
    Emmanuel

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    28

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    And forgot to mention, I am also fine purchasing online - if others have had good experiences with buying online and getting post sales service and repairs done, i would love to hear from you.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    675

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Hi Emmanuel,

    Where in queensland are you?* SE QLD - Neli Coffee in Clontarf QLD are the Jetblack QLD suppliers. They also stock other brands.* http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1211848740/11#11

    I contacted them a while ago and they said they had machines on the bench to test out.

    I would go a compak k3 over the rocky myself.* Some are raving about the breville, but the compak will last years and the burrs are replacable.

    If bench space is a concern the combi would be the way to go, otherwise a separate machine & grinder would allow you to upgrade one without the other later if you wanted to.* It also means if your machine is in for a service you can still grind for plunger etc. to keep you coffee flowing.

    Good luck and let us know how you go.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,339

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Hello emmanuel and welcome to CS!

    Unfortunately there is no supplier of the Lelit in QLD. We do however, ship these to your State on a regular basis and would be happy to help.

    In regard to servicing, cost of transport would be around $$40 for a round trip. Better still, when the time comes, we can guide you through the process by phone (its not that difficult).

    Cheers
    Den

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    28

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Thanks for the advice Lacehim, The K3 is again a little bit more $$, but might be worth it.

    I am in SEQ so will follow that lead.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    54

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Quote Originally Posted by 2F393C3C2D2F232A2A29294C0 link=1303111002/3#3 date=1303111884
    Unfortunately there is no supplier of the Lelit in QLD.*
    As noted one post above, this is not true. Im surprised you dont know that already Den ;)

    Neli at Clontarf offer great service and support, they are not sponsors, but are aligned with JetBlack Espresso.
    I really appreciated the local in-person service when I had an issue. It would have been a nightmare if I had bought from interstate. Janelle and Edward were fantastic and sorted me out straight away.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,339

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Quote Originally Posted by 7D544655505F5F5854310 link=1303111002/5#5 date=1303112518
    cuppacoffee wrote Today at 17:31:

    Unfortunately there is no supplier of the Lelit in QLD.
    As noted one post above, this is not true. Im surprised you dont know that already Den
    Im sorry...silly me... I was thinking of Sponsors and the more robust model we carry.

    Quote Originally Posted by 7D544655505F5F5854310 link=1303111002/5#5 date=1303112518
    It would have been a nightmare if I had bought from interstate
    Really?

    Wow, what would have happened?

  8. #8
    TC
    TC is offline
    .
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14,665

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Hello Emmanuel and welcome to CS,

    Yes, Charlie has a Lelit agent in QLD who will be able to assist.

    You may also like to consider the new Breville machine-* dependent on where in this price range your maximum spend is. It promises a whole heap.

    Good luck and I hope you find the right machine for your requirements.

    Chris

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    54

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Quote Originally Posted by 7365606071737F76767575100 link=1303111002/6#6 date=1303112920
    what would have happened?
    I would have had to box up the machine and send it back interstate to be attended to.* No coffee for me and more worryingly no coffee for the wife...THATS a nightmare! :D
    Apart from the buttons, is there anything else that you believe makes your model more robust?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,339

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Quote Originally Posted by 1D342635303F3F3834510 link=1303111002/8#8 date=1303113411
    cuppacoffee wrote Today at 17:48:

    what would have happened?
    I would have had to box up the machine and send it back interstate to be attended to.
    I dont understand how you could predict that such a callamity would occur.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1D342635303F3F3834510 link=1303111002/8#8 date=1303113411
    Apart from the buttons, is there anything else that makes your model more robust?
    No, thats about it. Having switches that keep working are a dream, rather than a nightmare! ;)


  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    54

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Quote Originally Posted by 3E282D2D3C3E323B3B38385D0 link=1303111002/9#9 date=1303113723
    I dont understand how you could predict that such a callamity would occur.
    Thats my entire point, I couldnt, but I was worried about it, and when faced between buying locally or buying from interstate for the same price, then the choice was easy...and fortunately paid off.

    BTW I prefer the design of the buttons 8-)

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,339

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Quote Originally Posted by 59706271747B7B7C70150 link=1303111002/10#10 date=1303114147
    Thats my entire point, I couldnt, but I was worried about it, and when faced between buying locally or buying from interstate for the same price, then the choice was easy...and fortunately paid off.
    Ah ok, I thought by your first post that you knew you would have to return it. It is nice to buy local whenever possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by 59706271747B7B7C70150 link=1303111002/10#10 date=1303114147
    BTW I prefer the design of the buttons
    I do too. I just wish they were, uhm....robust.

  13. #13
    TC
    TC is offline
    .
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14,665

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    I think we might have deviated a little from topic there guys* :-?

    A reminder to all members (newbs too) that the best method of answering the "where can I" question is to email our CS site sponsors. Those who can assist directly or refer you to a local agent will reply. Its as easy and quick ;)

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    114

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Brisbane is a bit dry of some of the machines, lacking some of the beat deals as well, smaller city issue, perhaps with a different culture base.

    I rate driving to Clontarf a worse option than any shipping issue (for me), and if your far away your basically going to chew more time and money driving back then shipping anyway.

    In the end I got mine from Talk Coffee, as good a price as you will get anywhere, friendly to deal with, got it out to me quickly.

    Though I do get any reluctance to buy online etc, as their are issues, as good as my machine came through, the tamper I got elsewhere has gone wrong on several levels...

    Oh if you want to try a Lelit, someone near you may be nice enough to let you try theirs, if your close enough to me you could likely have a go of mine, its got its limitations like I posted about in my thread, but it does the job, be aware of those sorts of things and your happier in the end with whatever you buy.

  15. #15
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Frenchs Forest NSW
    Posts
    751

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Quote Originally Posted by 2630353524262A23232020450 link=1303111002/11#11 date=1303114441

    Quote Originally Posted by 59706271747B7B7C70150 link=1303111002/10#10 date=1303114147
    BTW I prefer the design of the buttons
    I do too.* ...
    Finally! Something we agree on Dennis, the buttons do look better :)

    As for the so called button reliability issue ... there is no issue. There hasnt been a single problem.

    Emmanuel, Neli Coffee are our agent for Lelit in SE QLD and are quickly establishing a reputation for their outstanding service.

    Let us know if we can help,

    charlie


  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    28

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Thanks All,

    I think Ill check Neli out when I can get down there.

    Though having a read through all the gossip, I am tempted to wait to see what this new Breville is like?!! Though can I wait for that long?!

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    28

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Quote Originally Posted by 5E756F74736C1C0 link=1303111002/13#13 date=1303115508
    Brisbane is a bit dry of some of the machines, lacking some of the beat deals as well, smaller city issue, perhaps with a different culture base.

    I rate driving to Clontarf a worse option than any shipping issue (for me), and if your far away your basically going to chew more time and money driving back then shipping anyway.

    In the end I got mine from Talk Coffee, as good a price as you will get anywhere, friendly to deal with, got it out to me quickly.

    Though I do get any reluctance to buy online etc, as their are issues, as good as my machine came through, the tamper I got elsewhere has gone wrong on several levels...

    Oh if you want to try a Lelit, someone near you may be nice enough to let you try theirs, if your close enough to me you could likely have a go of mine, its got its limitations like I posted about in my thread, but it does the job, be aware of those sorts of things and your happier in the end with whatever you buy.
    Thanks Bishop, Im in Holland Park. Are you on this side of town?

    And thanks for all your posts on your experience looking around and now using the Lelit, they have been very helpful!


  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,520

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Veneziano Caffe in west end have a few machines

    they have the GEE as well, they are a really well regarded machine by some of the big sponsors here

    pid (temp) controlled, thermo block milk

    might be worth a look

    but if you can save some more pennies and go HX you may not need / want to upgrade in the future...

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    54

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Quote Originally Posted by 070F0F030C17070E620 link=1303111002/16#16 date=1303171498
    m in Holland Park. Are you on this side of town?
    Im right next door in Tarragindi, happy to demonstrate my very limited skills.
    Be warned it is school holiday time, so it wont be serene. :D

    cheers

    Dean
    I have PMed my contact details

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    114

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Quote Originally Posted by 7F77777B746F7F761A0 link=1303111002/16#16 date=1303171498
    Thanks Bishop, Im in Holland Park. Are you on this side of town?And thanks for all your posts on your experience looking around and now using the Lelit, they have been very helpful!
    Unfortunately Im like up from The Gap, part way up Mt Nebo, offer stands if your up this way though, as it is for anyone looking to buy a Lelit online and badly feel the need to try one out.

    Im due for another update in my thread, more observations in general, and I almost have my steaming down now...

  21. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    28

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Quote Originally Posted by 49607261646B6B6C60050 link=1303111002/18#18 date=1303198282
    Im right next door in Tarragindi, happy to demonstrate my very limited skills.
    Be warned it is school holiday time, so it wont be serene.
    Thanks for the offer Dean, much appreciated.

    FYI, after having a discussion with the "Minster of Finance/other half/ruler of the house/etc" regarding the single boiler vs HX/dual boiler issues - she has come around to how annoyed she will get with the switching and waiting between espresso and steam with a single boiler especially when we have people over. So Im actually now starting to look at whether a second hand HX or dual boiler machine might do the job for me (to bring the price down a bit). Ill let you all know how it goes.

  22. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    28

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Quote Originally Posted by 6E626B66666F030 link=1303111002/17#17 date=1303175356
    they have the GEE as well, they are a really well regarded machine by some of the big sponsors here
    Thanks Maheel, I had discounted the GEE for some reason - cant remember why. Perhaps the more plastic or concern the thermoblock wouldnt last as long.

    But as you say, HX might actually be the way to go in the end.

  23. #23
    Caffeine Junky
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,103

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Quote Originally Posted by 5A565F52525B370 link=1303111002/17#17 date=1303175356
    they have the GEE as well, they are a really well regarded machine by some of the big sponsors here

    pid (temp) controlled, thermo block milk
    Its hardly been mentioned of late, everyone is consumed with the new Breville. Im guessing thats stalled sales as Ive seen one sponsor selling them for as little as $500 on evil bay with free delivery.

  24. #24
    TC
    TC is offline
    .
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14,665

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Quote Originally Posted by 3332382B35302A590 link=1303111002/22#22 date=1303272133
    Quote Originally Posted by 5A565F52525B370 link=1303111002/17#17 date=1303175356
    they have the GEE as well, they are a really well regarded machine by some of the big sponsors here

    pid (temp) controlled, thermo block milk
    Its hardly been mentioned of late, everyone is consumed with the new Breville.* Im guessing thats stalled sales as Ive seen one sponsor selling them for as little as $500 on evil bay with free delivery.
    Correct you are and at that price, theyre miles under wholesale.

    I referred a bloke to that deal on the weekend and he got one. He called me yesterday to say that there is no response to contact. Hope he hasnt blown his dough. :(

    My advice is to be a "lert" on this seller. ;)

    I know that Craig was furious about these sales and the implication that 9Bar would provide warranty service on them...

  25. #25
    Caffeine Junky
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,103

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Quote Originally Posted by 0134393E0A163A33333030550 link=1303111002/23#23 date=1303273096
    Quote Originally Posted by 3332382B35302A590 link=1303111002/22#22 date=1303272133
    Quote Originally Posted by 5A565F52525B370 link=1303111002/17#17 date=1303175356
    they have the GEE as well, they are a really well regarded machine by some of the big sponsors here

    pid (temp) controlled, thermo block milk
    Its hardly been mentioned of late, everyone is consumed with the new Breville.* Im guessing thats stalled sales as Ive seen one sponsor selling them for as little as $500 on evil bay with free delivery.
    Correct you are and at that price, theyre miles under wholesale.

    I referred a bloke to that deal on the weekend and he got one. He called me yesterday to say that there is no response to contact. Hope he hasnt blown his dough. :(

    My advice is to be a "lert" on this seller. ;)

    I know that Craig was furious about these sales and the implication that 9Bar would provide warranty service on them...
    That is very interesting (and disturbing). I assumed the seller were 9Bar themselves but clearly not. Have noticed the price has been corrected to where it should be now.

  26. #26
    TC
    TC is offline
    .
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14,665

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Quote Originally Posted by 3A3B31223C3923500 link=1303111002/24#24 date=1303275815
    That is very interesting (and disturbing).* I assumed the seller were 9Bar themselves but clearly not.* Have noticed the price has been corrected to where it should be now.*
    The seller is definitely NOT 9Bar. They worded their ad. to look like they were though >:(

    The only legit Melboure outlet I know of is 9Bar. CS have spoken with their lack of activity so we have moved on. Its a shame, but so be it.

  27. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    40

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Quote Originally Posted by 1F2A27201408242D2D2E2E4B0 link=1303111002/25#25 date=1303276161
    The seller is definitely NOT 9Bar. They worded their ad. to look like they were though*
    oh man, that is bad - I have recommended this to friends thinking it was a great deal. glad they didnt act on it! should have known better, or at least done a quick call to 9bar :o

  28. #28
    Caffeine Junky
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,103

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Quote Originally Posted by 7E6579696B6E6F786B0A0 link=1303111002/26#26 date=1303278728
    Quote Originally Posted by 1F2A27201408242D2D2E2E4B0 link=1303111002/25#25 date=1303276161
    The seller is definitely NOT 9Bar. They worded their ad. to look like they were though*
    oh man, that is bad - I have recommended this to friends thinking it was a great deal. glad they didnt act on it! should have known better, or at least done a quick call to 9bar* :o
    I guess this is getting a little off topic but definitely worth people knowing about. The old adage applies here - if it seems too good to be true....

  29. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    40

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Quote Originally Posted by 35343E2D33362C5F0 link=1303111002/27#27 date=1303279772
    The old adage applies here - if it seems too good to be true....
    agreed.

    to get back on topic, I can wholeheartedly recommend the GEE, it does everything I need and want (for now anyway :P ) and I am happy i went with it after a bout a month of use. I cant say if I had been similarly happy with a Lelit, but as much as i am curious about the Breville, I couldnt have justified the above $1000 price tag.

  30. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    35

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Quote Originally Posted by 606868646B706069050 link=1303111002/1#1 date=1303111223
    And forgot to mention, I am also fine purchasing online - if others have had good experiences with buying online and getting post sales service and repairs done, i would love to hear from you.
    Hi Emmanuel
    If you want a new grinder i have a nemox caffe lux grinder which i bought for my rancilio, but didnt suite the rancilio so i bought the rocky, as its only used twiced and cost around $350 if you want it im at coorparoo you can have it very cheap.
    As its sitting in the cupboard in the box.

  31. #31
    brett230873
    Guest

    Re: New Mid level machine - Where to buy in QLD

    Quote Originally Posted by 7F796A617B797568380 link=1303111002/29#29 date=1303341037
    Quote Originally Posted by 606868646B706069050 link=1303111002/1#1 date=1303111223
    And forgot to mention, I am also fine purchasing online - if others have had good experiences with buying online and getting post sales service and repairs done, i would love to hear from you.
    Hi Emmanuel
    If you want a new grinder i have a nemox caffe lux grinder which i bought for my rancilio, but didnt suite the rancilio so i bought the rocky, as its only used twiced and cost around $350 if you want it im at coorparoo you can have it very cheap.
    As its sitting in the cupboard in the box.
    I still use mine and it is more than up to the task! I love this grinder so much that my wife doesnt realise that I havent sold it... and she doesnt read this forum 8-) . A great little grinder and if you get it at a great price itll pay for itself within a year (cafe prices for coffee being what they are).




Similar Threads

  1. Entry level HX machine recommendations and prices?
    By tsk in forum Brewing Equipment - Pointy End ($1500-$3000)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 19th August 2010, 08:08 AM
  2. How much does an entry level HX machine cost?
    By tsk in forum Brewing Equipment - Midrange ($500-$1500)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10th August 2010, 08:25 PM
  3. Entry-level home machine able to do latte art
    By keedm002 in forum Brewing Equipment - Entry level (sub $500)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 23rd November 2009, 08:51 PM
  4. Entry Level Commercial Coffee Machine
    By aslan in forum Brewing Equipment - Pointy End ($1500-$3000)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27th September 2009, 11:16 PM
  5. Looking for some entry level HX Machine
    By Billy in forum Brewing Equipment (non-machine specific)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 23rd July 2008, 11:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •