Thread: Identify Silvia Model

BoF

Identify Silvia Model

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello All,
    Long time lurker, first post in ages. Ive spent the last few days reading up on the care and feeding of my Silvia and have found a fantastic amount of useful info, plus great service from sponsor CoffeeParts. Thanks to all.

My next project is to install a PID but Im having difficulty identifying my specific model. The Code on the box reads: SR071 - 000021.

Would I be correct in assuming this is a 2007 model? Thanks for any assistance.
    BoF

Roz

Re: Identify Silvia Model

You can tell by the group head and tray.

Earlier models have a steel grouphead and the tray is all round holes, later models the group is a plastic chrome plate around a teflon type material I think and the tray has holes on the right and curves on the left.

BoF

Quote Originally Posted by 56595E435F54310 link=1310013430/1#1 date=1310014665
    You can tell by the group head and tray.

Earlier models have a steel grouphead and the tray is all round holes, later models the group is a plastic chrome plate around a teflon type material I think and the tray has holes on the right and curves on the left.
    Thanks. Thats great info. What prompted my question was the PID kit order details at JetblackEspresso referring to the RTD type; Screw or Washer. To quote:

". . . if you have a model made between 2000 and July 2006, we can supply the kit with a screw type RTD sensor for better performance."

Is it reasonable to assume that mine is later then July 2006 and therefore uses the washer type RTD? Thanks for any help.
    BoF

Roz

Yes, there are basically 3 versions, the early model with the different group and tray, the second model which doesnt need the screw type RTD and the third which added the balljoint steamarm and different knob / handle.

Good luck with the PID, mine works well and I think Ill miss it when I get the breville but that wont last long Im hoping haha.

BoF

Quote Originally Posted by 4D424558444F2A0 link=1310013430/3#3 date=1310018689
    Good luck with the PID, mine works well and I think Ill miss it when I get the breville but that wont last long Im hoping haha.
    Thanks for your help. Ill do lots of reading first then dive in.
    BoF