Thread: Sunbeam EM6910 Single Spout

Sunbeam EM6910 Single Spout

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi, does anyone remember whether a single spout comes standard with the sunbeam machine? The manual seems to show a single spout but I cant find mine. Am I crazy to keep searching for it?

In absence of the single spout Ive just started using the portafilter without the double spout. Will this damage the threads at the bottom?

Re: Sunbeam EM6910 Single Spout

Not sure re first question, and no damage should occur using PF without the spouts, you might just need to clean threads thoroughly prior to screwing on a spout.

I used my Nemox PF without the spouts for a while before I made it bottomless.

Cheers

Im not sure if it will damage the threads, but when I got mine a few years ago it came with a screw-on single and double spout for the portafilter.

It maybe that it wasnt included in your packaging - in which case you might be able to contact Sunbeam and inform them of the situation and see if they can send you out a single spout.

Where are you? I have a spare.

Hey G-Dog. I am in Sydney. Thanks, but I wont take it off you because I am in the process of getting a new machine so the sunbeam may be retired soon :)

Thank you everyone else for the info. Weve moved house twice so it is very likely it might have been misplaced. If this is so, why couldnt we have lost the pressurised baskets instead ;)

I will just use it without the spout. I dont think the threads will be damaged because there is a big knob before the threads start, and I wont tamp too hard onto my bench. For personal use we never have anything less than a double shot and recently Ive tried using rather small cups, necessitating removing the double spout. Its only when guests come over and make weird requests like a shot of espresso 8-)