Thread: FrancisFrancis, imat mokita, Quaha Napolitana

FrancisFrancis, imat mokita, Quaha Napolitana

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    FrancisFrancis, Imat Mokita, Quaha Napolitana

Mmmmm, all of the above. Do they rate well with the Silvia, specifically in achieving a good, consistent frothy milk? Only 2 cups need to be made within, say, 10 minutes.

Also, ease of use please.

thank you
    Frank

Re: FrancisFrancis, imat mokita, Quaha Napolitana

Hi Frank,

I havent used all of these machines, but I noticed that they all have "froth aider" attachments on the steam wands. Ironically, these make it much harder to get properly textured milk. But if you really want to buy one of these machines, you might be able to retrofit a silvia steam wand to them.

Cheers,

Luca

just something to check with the fransisfrancis. Im pretty sure that you can only buy them in Australia as an ESE (Illy) pod only machine. I dont think they come with a normal, group/portafilter/bastket. You could get the bits to make it normal but I reckon thats the last thing youd want to do when buying a new machine.

Worth noting that the froth-aid on the quaha/imat comes off to reveal a single hole tip underneath. I make 2-3 lattes for my better half on the napolitana every morning & I get silkier milk than most city cafes.

The Francisfrancisx3 comes set up for pods but you can buy the adapter kit for around $40 on ebay ,for ground coffee.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

The Francisrancis X1 does have an ordinary porta filter available which you have to buy seperately. I have FranicsFrancis x1, to be honest I would not buy it again >:(. It is the older model where the bolier is aluminium, I believe the newer ones are brass. Its not very consistent probabaly due to aluminium boiler. Steaming is not that great either. Ive had mine for about 4 years and have had the thermostat replaced twice and also the temperature gauge as well. Youre far better of with a Silvia which at least comes with a commercial size porta filter. The FrancisFrancis X1 is sligthy smaller, did I mention the cracked plastic handle on the porta filter :-[ Stay away from it if you can and dont succumb to its looks, my wife did !!!

Yes it does look good. But thanks for the hot tip! ;)