Thread: Wiring diagram / parts diagram for Quaha

Wiring diagram / parts diagram for Quaha

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi everybody,

My Quaha Napoletana II is sick, and I want to strip it down to do the work myself. Trouble is, I bought it second hand and did not get a manual.

Does anybody have a wiring diagram / parts diagram that they would be willing to send me?- you know, like the ones they show on coffeeparts.com.au??

Id appreciate all the help anyone can give.
    Thanks,

Marcus.

Re: Wiring diagram / parts diagram for Quaha

I believe that the Lelit combi PLO42QE is similar to the Quaha Napoletana II. If this is true then this link should be useful as there is an exploded drawings document at the bottom of the page. http://www.lelit.com/web_eng/gamma_scheda_tecnica.asp?id=68. Also http://demisgfh.googlepages.com/napolitanastripdown should be useful.

hope that this helps

Ive got one that Mal drew up for his Mokita when he put a PID on it. Id happily provide it here but since Mal is the author wed better await his approval first.

If you are going to dismantle all, and reassemble later, you mark all the wiring as you dismantle, so you know where it goes back to.

Having wiring & schematic diagrams wont help find & rectify a problem, and unless you suspect the DPO has actually fiddled or disconnected or cross wired the wiring, there wont be anything wrong with it (wiring). Just mark it as above, and do what you want to do.

You could instead try letting us know what you think the machine is doing wrong, so participants with the requisite experience can comment and give advice.

Hope this helps.

Regardz,
    FC.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Pullman link=1195365013/0#2 date=1195428009
    Ive got one that Mal drew up for his Mokita when he put a PID on it. Id happily provide it here but since Mal is the author wed better await his approval first.
    Thats fine Greg :).... with the emphasis on different models possibly being wired differently as F_C has said....

Mal.

Here tis!

Care to share the problems youre having? Theres a few of us with or who have owned the Napoletana, so there may be some help with diagnosis. Once you open her up youll see that you didnt really need the wiring diagram though... theres just not enough to her.

I took photos of the process of stripping down mine (Sunny posted the link) which is an older model with no 3-way valve, but your wont be that different. These just helped me with re-assembly.

Shes a great little machine once shes up & running though, so best of luck with the repairs :)

Oh & if you need parts, Alan Frew in Port Melbourne is than man you need to speak to as hes the importer. PM me for details if you need them (out of respect to the sponsors I cant post the link up here).

Quote Originally Posted by dsgfh link=1195365013/0#6 date=1196677823
    Oh & if you need parts, Alan Frew in Port Melbourne is than man you need to speak to as hes the importer. PM me for details if you need them (out of respect to the sponsors I cant post the link up here).
    I believe Lygon Imports are back as an importer too now, theyve recently started listing them up on their website again,

Mal.

Thats if you can get any response from them. My repeated effort prior to the sale of my old Napoletana were entirely fruitless with them >:(

Quote Originally Posted by Mal link=1195365013/0#7 date=1196684704
    Quote Originally Posted by dsgfh link=1195365013/0#6 date=1196677823
    I believe Lygon Imports are back as an importer too now, theyve recently started listing them up on their website again,

Mal.
    Mal, while Ive known the family at Lygon for quite some years now, Im afraid I cant recommend them as my first point of call. Now the troubles I had were issues with the service department (taking 3 weeks to do a basic service, attempting to charge for things they hadnt replaced, not fixing problems Id asked to be fixed) & not with the family members themselves, Im afraid the business just wasnt performing.

Yes they do have parts in stock (& theyre only 5 minutes up the road from me), but Id still deal with Alan first as his service has been excellent, with machine services turned around in 1-2 days.

Ditto dsgfh. A colleague and I separately tried three times over about four weeks to get a group gasket through them. Unfortunately the industry just doesnt need support like that. One email to Alan and I had it within two days.

Guys, thanks so much for help regarding my Quaha. Not only did I get the diagrams I wanted, but also a probably diagnosis of the problem... and pictures to follow too!

To answer some of your qns, when I pull a shot, I get a leak (sometimes major, sometimes minor,
    soemtimes severe) from the base of the boiler. Sometimes it doesnt happen at all - particuarly if basket is not overloaded, but the coffee taste is always off - bitter and lacking in crema and body.

Having read dsgfhs description of his Quaha problem - Im assuming my problem is similar - the boiler gasket.

While Im stripping it down, are there any other gaskets I should consider replacing at the same time? The machine is probably about 5yrs old, so Im guessing that its a loaded gun as far as gaskets and seals are concerned.

By the way, has anyone managed to significantly reduce the channelling probs with this machine? I know Greg Pullman had some sort of brass gizmo under his screen. Did this significantly improve the problem? If so, any
    suggestions as to how they can be made? Are there any other situations out there?

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarky link=1195365013/0#11 date=1196826146
    While Im stripping it down, are there any other gaskets I should consider replacing at the same time? The machine is probably about 5yrs old, so Im guessing that its a loaded gun as far as gaskets and seals are concerned.
    If youre getting the parts from Alan, just ask him for a kit of likely parts that would be needed, Im sure hell help you out with that if he has all the parts on hand.

And something else that is definitely worth doing, is to replace the Boiler Bolts&Nuts, Washers, etc with good quality stainless steel alternatives as the originals are only nickel-plated mild steel which rust out eventually, and may even be the cause for the premature failure of the main Boiler Gasket. I got mine from our local Repco dealer who stock a lot of marine grade fixings at very reasonable prices.

All the best :),
    Mal.

MM,

It may be the boiler gasket but its more likely to be the group gasket in my experience. The diffuser disk certainly made a difference in reducing the drilling into the centre of the puck, but I cant honestly say I noticed any difference in the cup after adding the disk. But Ill be the proud owner of another one of these very soon (until someone else buys it from me) so maybe Ill have time to re-test! :)

Alan should be able to help out with parts, but grab a group gasket (soft orange if you have the choice), o-rings on the steam valve and the single o-ring on the top end of the steam wand. Plus boiler gasket if it needs it of course. And definitely take up Mals suggestion, and also replace the showerscreen screw with a stainless one. I think mine cost me about $1 and was good as new the day I sold it. Some of these places have a $10 minimum cash sale so you should be able to get it up around that with the bolts, nuts and screw.

Greg

I cant add anything on top of Mal & Gregs advice, but Im glad the description & pics from my problem were a help :)

So howd you go?

Hi Dsgfh,

When I got the boiler apart, the reason for the leak was obvious - 6 mo ago the element was replaced. The infamous
    Melbourne repairer decided to use the old (and I mean old) boiler gasket, then gunk up the seal with vulcanizing sealant. Most of it had come away (hence the leak) and was floating around inside the boiler. Lovely.

While I was in there I noticed that there is a leak around the OPV as well, so not out of the woods yet by any means.
    Thanks for following up.
    Cheers,

Marcus.

Hi Folks,

Thanks so much for all your help. My machine is now chugging along again with a new boiler gasket. Its been fiddly getting the machine together again - a few leaks here and there. But now all good. Looking forward to retiring the moka pot and getting back to something a bit more tasty.

In the process of completing this little project I drew up a diagram showing where all the wires go (the ones that have to be removed to get the boiler out)- Ive attached it in case anybody else wants it - saves taking a photo and trying to follow the spaghetti. Its been checked by a noted Melbourne Lelit expert, but - as always - use it at your own risk.

I think Im going to reward myself with a new tamper...

Cheers,

Marcus.

Should grab the electrical schematic I did for the Imat machine and put em in the same PDF file.... One stop shop for the entire electrical system then..... ;)

Mal.

Heres the combo PDF file incorporating mrmarky and my handiwork into a single file. Thanks Marcus :),

Mal.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarky View Post
    Hi Folks,

Thanks so much for all your help. My machine is now chugging along again with a new boiler gasket. Its been fiddly getting the machine together again - a few leaks here and there. But now all good. Looking forward to retiring the moka pot and getting back to something a bit more tasty.

In the process of completing this little project I drew up a diagram showing where all the wires go (the ones that have to be removed to get the boiler out)- Ive attached it in case anybody else wants it - saves taking a photo and trying to follow the spaghetti. Its been checked by a noted Melbourne Lelit expert, but - as always - use it at your own risk.

I think Im going to reward myself with a new tamper...

Cheers,

Marcus.
    Any chance you might repost your wiring diagram -- I am in mid-boiler repair and made the mistake of not photographing the wiring for my LeLit PL41QE.

Thanks much.

Unlikely as he posted that over 6 years ago and hasn't logged on in over 3 years. Some other user may have it available for you though.

Java "Doc, doc, post doc!" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mdlurie View Post
    Any chance you might repost your wiring diagram -- I am in mid-boiler repair and made the mistake of not photographing the wiring for my LeLit PL41QE.
    Best to contact JetBlack Espresso (Site Sponsor) for any information you require, as they retail and maintain most models...

Mal.