Thread: Sydney Repairer for old La Cimbali?

Sydney Repairer for old La Cimbali?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello all,

Was wondering if anyone could recommend a sydney (ideally north) repairer/ shop that could have a look at my old La Cimbali Domus. A few things MAY need work, in particular:
    - it could use a new steam wand (the old one has a single huge hole, i want a much smaller one)
    - Pump could be dying?- It doesnt seem to be getting up to pressure (using a very coarse grind for the standard extraction times, not getting much crema with a large variety of beans tho not sure about the cause of this one)

The sad thing is that i am a mechanical engineer so should really do it myself, but just dont want to destroy the thing... *May even have to write it off but would be nice to hear that from someone who knows what theyre talking about.

Thanks
    Paul
    PS- Any site sponsors feel free to recommend yourself, would be more than happy to go with someone who clearly cares about the final product :)

TC

Re: Sydney Repairer for old La Cimbali?

Quote Originally Posted by paul d link=1209427407/0#0 date=1209427407
    Hello all,

Was wondering if anyone could recommend a sydney (ideally north) repairer/ shop that could have a look at my old La Cimbali Domus. A few things MAY need work, in particular:
    - it could use a new steam wand (the old one has a single huge hole, i want a much smaller one)
    - Pump could be dying?- It doesnt seem to be getting up to pressure (using a very coarse grind for the standard extraction times, not getting much crema with a large variety of beans tho not sure about the cause of this one)

The sad thing is that i am a mechanical engineer so should really do it myself, but just dont want to destroy the thing... *May even have to write it off but would be nice to hear that from someone who knows what theyre talking about.

Thanks
    Paul
    PS- Any site sponsors feel free to recommend yourself, would be more than happy to go with someone who clearly cares about the final product :)
    Hi Paul,

<<<<<<<<< Why not give Renzo @ DiBartoli a try..

Good luck!

Chris

Re: Sydney Repairer for old La Cimbali?

Cheers Chris,
    Have sent them an email.