If it isnt heating up any more, there is a reset you can carry out which does cover your scenario:
My machine powers on but it wont heat up
The most common solution to this problem is to reset the high limit switch. This safety switch is designed to cut off power to the heating element if the machine overheats or if it is left in the steam mode for too long. To reset it, follow these instructions:
1. Unplug the Silvia.
2. Remove the water reservoir.
3. Remove the four screws on the top cover.
4. Remove the top cover.
5. The high limit switch is the small blue or tan thermostat located on the boiler, but not on top of the boiler. It is on the side of the boiler at about the 6 o’clock position if you are facing the machine. It has a very small red plunger-type button in the center. Toggle this plunger in and out a few times to be sure it’s reset. Note: Be careful not to push too hard, as the plunger is rather delicate and can come out of the body of the switch.
6. Replace the top cover and screw in the four screws.
7. Replace the water reservoir and plug the unit back in.
8. Turn the main power switch on and test it out. The machine should now heat up again.
If this solution does not work, please call ........... an authorized repair center .