Thread: Whats with the slow flow of my EM6910?

Whats with the slow flow of my EM6910?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Today was cleaning day for my equipment.

Cleaned out my em6910, descaler, back flows, lots of runs, new water bla bla bla

Everything was fine.

Suddenly upon taking the water tank out and filling it and plugging it back in the water flow has DRASTICALLY reduced. First it was a small stream then it picked up a bit but it still isnt like it used to be ie normal.

I have no idea whats up.

Whats wrong here? any ideas?

A_M

Re: Whats with the slow flow of my EM6910?

Quote Originally Posted by 475559445559340 link=1247395911/0#0 date=1247395911
    Today was cleaning day for my equipment.

Cleaned out my em6910, descaler, back flows, lots of runs, new water bla bla bla

Everything was fine.

Suddenly upon taking the water tank out and filling it and plugging it back in the water flow has DRASTICALLY reduced. First it was a small stream then it picked up a bit but it still isnt like it used to be ie normal.

I have no idea whats up.

Whats wrong here? any ideas?

Take the tank out and or push it firmly in at the bottom..

Note... You may need to check to make sure the fiter/softner is in correct and that some crap has not gotten in and cloged the one way valve..

PEBFAG ;)

angerman :)

Tried the tank a few times so not that.

The 1 way valve when pushed in , leaks water in a slow stream ie its not fast or anything but I dont know if thats normal or not. If it is then im assuming this machine "sucks" the water out of the tank.

filter also has a biggish air bubble in it. guessing normal?

Alternatively, possibly the descale disloged something and it went into the pipe? *Didnt ever have this problem, though, so cant say for sure. *Apparently the calcium build up is a killer in WA and SA if you dont descale every month or so but not sure where youre from.

If this is the case, I dont have a solution for you, but I think it has been discussed before in previous threads so a search might bring up something for you along those lines, or maybe AM or TG might have some advice.

PS - not so much Angerman, as Shaking In His Boots Man with the impending arrival back home of his beautiful and (hopefully) forgiving wife tomorrow night! ;)

Cheers
    Di

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 42657361790A0 link=1247395911/3#3 date=1247399907
    Alternatively, possibly the descale disloged something and it went into the pipe? *Didnt ever have this problem, though, so cant say for sure. *Apparently the calcium build up is a killer in WA and SA if you dont descale every month or so but not sure where youre from.

If this is the case, I dont have a solution for you, but I think it has been discussed before in previous threads so a search might bring up something for you along those lines, or maybe AM or TG might have some advice.

PS - not so much Angerman, as Shaking In His Boots Man with the impending arrival back home of his beautiful and (hopefully) forgiving wife tomorrow night! ;)

Cheers
    Di

Always a possibility of crap being dislodged...

1: Remove teh tank and re move the filter... You did remove the filter when doing the de scale ??

2: With water in the tank... Say about 6"- 8" deep... Gently push the valve in --

Note: Make sure it is at face hight and you have a torch and look closely....

NO NOT DO THE ABOVE...

If working OK... You will get a solid stream of water... Thus you could get all wet ;D

With the filter pushed in CORRECTLY... the flow will reduce some what but should not be like a leak... The difference between a 20 year old and a 40 Year old ... Not a 60 year old....

I would try running the hot water , then a manual ... You could then try the steam... But if not working for the hot water and the head... Then the blockage is back at the fitting to the tank or teh first valve..

I am going to suggest teh tank fitting or an incorrectly fitted filter. If your using good quality water... Briter for eg and the filter is good... You could remove the SB filter and see how that goes...

Had this problem after pulling the water filter out of the reservior before descaling.
    I had no flow after putting it back in.
    If I took the filter back out it worked fine. Try this and see if it works OK without the filter.
    Fixed by making sure there was no air in the filter before reinstalling it into the water reservior... must have beeen an airlock of some sort.

Is that possible air get into the pipe and then water can not be sucked in due to some "physics theory" (I forget what that call).

It happened to me twice when I took the tank out to clean.
    The way I used is push the valve of the tank, make the air out of the filter, then try manual press a bit longer.

Honestly, I am not sure if what happened to you is the same as mine.
    Just jump in some suggestion.

Colin

Colin,

I have had this issue after descale (also had machine upside down to replace seal and shower head) - I set it back up and ran some water through the group head and it was slow almost non - exsistent for a while so I pushed the 2 cup button for a couple(maybe three) times and the pour returned to normal.

I think sometimes the machine just needs to fill - possibly an air gap. But after a couple of shots worth the water flowed normally.

If this is of no help change the filter and see what happens. Maybe you may need to do another descale if some muck has partially blocked something inside. :-/

Alright did all that and i think it helped. question though is the contents of the filter supposed to be ummmm.... mushy sandy particles?

Quote Originally Posted by 7C6E627F6E620F0 link=1247395911/8#8 date=1247624379
    Alright did all that and i think it helped. question though is the contents of the filter supposed to be ummmm.... mushy sandy particles?
    Sounds about right
    What is the flow like without the filter in place?

without it is faster with it much slower. but i think its back to normal

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 42505C41505C310 link=1247395911/10#10 date=1247724924
    without it is *faster with it much slower. but i think its back to normal
    Sounds like teh usual Air lock..

Glad you back up and running..

Just checked mine, makes no difference to the flow either in or out, making sure I got all the air out before reinstalling made all the difference.

well things are back to normal. glad it is was having limmu withdrawal I had a laugh

Thanks guys!