Thread: Removing Shower Screen EM6910

Removing Shower Screen EM6910

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight

I have a lot of difficulty removing the shower screen and the seal from my EM6910

It is very hard to budge it and Im scared of damaging something if I pry too hard.

Is there is a safe way of doing it :-?

A_M

Re: Removing Shower Screen EM6910

Quote Originally Posted by 0D2A2C2B265F0 link=1248039982/0#0 date=1248039982
    I have a lot of difficulty removing the shower screen and the seal from my EM6910 *

It is very hard to budge it and Im scared of damaging something if I pry too hard.

Is there is a safe way of doing it *:-?

Yes and no... They are all safe until you fail ;)

Some posed a methods that shows a pic or two and other that the machine being on its back.. It is the only way I know.

I do make a post only a few days ago.... As to loosing the screw ;)

The issue that I found is that I needed a flat screwdriver to put in the hole and to allow me to leaver the shower screen off. This can get tough if it has not been cleaned for a while and the crap gets caked on.

I did have some food grade lubricant (not silicon) based on editable paraffin that I used to LIGHTLY smear on the blue seal to stop / reduce it sticking the the head.

However the issue really came down to failing to clean teh head correctly. See Dis post yesterday as to manual cleaning Vs back flushing.

Inspect ya seal.... If your updosing and making a few coffees etc etc then as soon as you see the rings starting to tare / split... Order a new one ASAP... I always have one on hand..

Quote Originally Posted by 0A252C2E39062A252A2C2E262E253F4B0 link=1248039982/1#1 date=1248044626
    nspect ya seal....If your updosing and making a few coffees etc etc then as soon as you see the rings starting to tare / split... Order a new one ASAP...I always have one on hand..
    Noticed a 1mm nick in the seal so I rang Sunbeam.

They are sending me a new one free of charge seeing the machine is only two months old *:D

Didnt somebody say "Sunbeam Sucks" *:o

SUNBEAM ROCKS *;D

this little drama on ours just cost us a fair whack. We ended up killing the screw by trying to get it out when it was just totally stuck. The sunbeam service agent here got it out with an easy-out bit and drill but that required the base to be removed and the guts to be cleaned due to steel shards being spread around. All in all, we wish wed been more diligent with cleaning the shower head and not obeyed the manual when it said to make sure the screw was "well tightened". According to snobs it should really only be finger tight. Probably best not to trash the screw before getting it to an agent if need be.