Thread: synesso baskets for 6910

synesso baskets for 6910

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    something I was wondering today as I was making a coffee.
    Would the 6910 benefit from the use of Synesso baskets like the Silvia does?? Is it the SB baskets similar and ultimately it would make little difference??
    I was thinking of taking my baskets and trying them on my father-in -laws 6910.

thanks guys love your work!!!

Re: synesso baskets for 6910

Hey mmmcoffee, let us know how things go. Ive often wondered this myself, but havent gotten around to buying some baskets to try.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 4141414F434A4A49492C0 link=1248691535/0#0 date=1248691535
    something I was wondering today as I was making a coffee.
    Would the 6910 benefit from the use of Synesso baskets like the Silvia does?? Is it the SB baskets similar and ultimately it would make little difference??
    I was thinking of taking my baskets and trying them on my father-in -laws 6910.

thanks guys love your work!!!
    When I got my naked I got one of those baskets... I was more than happy.

As to a shoot out... Do not know... Never went back ;D

Sunbeam baskets are massive and quite forgiving, youll use less coffee by switching to synesso triples.
    What are hoping to gain from switching?

When I investigated getting synesso baskets, my main gripe was that the sunbeam baskets were massive.

Yes, they might be forgiving, but firstly, its wasting coffee, secondly being forgiving is not necessarily doing a barista wannabe any favours and finally, I had read some blog posts/rants/opinions on the benefits of downdosing and wanted to explore the difference in the cup for myself.

not trying to gain anything really was just wondering about it. Next time Im over I might bring mine and try them. But yeah definatley the SB baskets are huge and forgiving.

ACog so what did u do?? Did u synesson or SB baskets?? I agree with the waste of coffee- maybe not waste but unnessesary excess.
    What did u finally decide??

Seeing as they keep losing the baskets at work I now take my own double with me to and from the machine.
    I just use my old Expobar basket.
    It fits well; in fact it needs a spoon or something to pop it back out of the GH whereas the SB baskets can be popped out with my finger.

As for excess?...I like my coffee strong.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 122E3328222334212922460 link=1248691535/7#7 date=1248698806
    Seeing as they keep losing the baskets at work I now take my own double with me to and from the machine.
    I just use my old Expobar basket.
    It fits well; in fact it needs a spoon or something to pop it back out of the GH whereas the SB baskets can be popped out with my finger.

As for excess?...I like my coffee strong.

Yep... Fully support that view.

Would rather a coffee from my big basket than the standard double or two lots of the double..

Note: Strong does not mean a Quad shot...

mmmcoffee,

I never ended up getting any alternative baskets. I spoke to a few people and they either had thought of it, but never ended up doing it, or they thought it wouldnt make a diff. I spoke to a few site sponsors, one of whom as soon as I mentioned sunbeam, didnt want to have anything to do with it (even though they sell and supply a range of different baskets). The other suggested waiting until I upgraded my tamper and order a basket at the same time.

If I could borrow a one off someone, Id still like to give it a go, but even though its cheap, I couldnt be bothered buying one just for the sake of trying it out.

AM/TG, it may well be that the taste after using a smaller basket or downdosing is not as good. At least one could say theyve been there, done that and didnt think it was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by 6C6E626A6A64637E0D0 link=1248691535/9#9 date=1248731161
    AM/TG, it may well be that the taste after using a smaller basket or downdosing is not as good. At least one could say theyve been there, done that and didnt think it was worth it.
    Ive forgotten what it was like to use the SB baskets now that Ive been using my basket for quite a while now.

The SB double was forgiving compared to the single but I have adjusted to get the taste I like no matter which basket I use.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 4975687379786F7A72791D0 link=1248691535/10#10 date=1248738649
    Quote Originally Posted by 6C6E626A6A64637E0D0 link=1248691535/9#9 date=1248731161
    AM/TG, it may well be that the taste after using a smaller basket or downdosing is not as good. At least one could say theyve been there, done that and didnt think it was worth it. *
    Ive forgotten what it was like to use the SB baskets now that Ive been using my basket for quite a while now.

The SB double was forgiving compared to the single but I have adjusted to get the taste I like no matter which basket I use.
    I agree..

And the 58mm basket now takes its place in my Junior... That is the great thing about standard size dia baskets.. Coffee parts have a whole range and a selection of sizes... http://www.coffeeparts.com/misc/filter-baskets.html

So go and play and then settle on what gives you what you want in the cup ;D

thanks guys, I might give it a go to see how it goes, what difference it makes. but yeah ultimatley its whats about whats in the cup! :)

So.... did anyone do the shootout ::)

Someone has to bite the bullet but Id prefer it wasnt me ;)

I just noticed that Greg has a comment about the Synesso and Sunbeam baskets on his website:
    http://www.coffeetamper.com.au/shop/product_info.php?products_id=53

Seems it would be best to stick with SB :)

Ive just ordered a Synesso basket as well as a Pullman Barista tamper.

Ill let you know how they go :)