Thread: Cafetto in SB6910

Cafetto in SB6910

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    To all those 6910 owners out there, im wondering for those that use Cafetto whether you use it and do a full cleaning cycle as you would with the SB tablets or whether its best to do just a standard water backflush but with the Cafetto?

I had a bit of a look and found plenty of info regarding using Cafetto in this machine but was unsure as to whether it should be the full cleaning cycle or just a backflush? (and really i guess, how different actually are the two processes?)

A_M

Re: Cafetto in SB6910

Quote Originally Posted by 5C776D766C405C6D707C747A6D1F0 link=1248777619/0#0 date=1248777619
    To all those 6910 owners out there, im wondering for those that use Cafetto whether you use it and do a full cleaning cycle as you would with the SB tablets or whether its best to do just a standard water backflush but with the Cafetto?

I had a bit of a look and found plenty of info regarding using Cafetto in this machine but was unsure as to whether it should be the full cleaning cycle or just a backflush? (and really i guess, how different actually are the two processes?)

As stated in a number of posts..

1: 1/4 to 1/2 a teaspoon in place of the small cleaning tabs and follow the manual.

2: This is for a group head flush and clean... NOT a full system de scale.

The full method has been posted by Hoyks and myself a number of times...

Go here to learn more http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1248646363

Thanks AM, Super quick response as ive come to expect from snobs!!

Off to do it now.

I use option #2, and only allow the pressure to build slightly before I stop the pump - gauge gets to about 9 oclock. This is perfectly adequate to dissolve the cafetto and cause a backflush.

IMO the self-clean program puts undue pressure on the system, which can lead to problems such as the three-way outlet pipe leaking/detaching at a junction point or the brass outlet nozzle.

Thanks M@. And other contributers. I did wonder that about the automatic cycle. It really does seem like a backflush for people who dont know how to do a backflush! Gave the old girl a good once over and descale today and she seems very very! Thanks also to the fine produce coming out of the Coffee Barun! These guys really are the bomb!