Thread: Where to buy group seal for Napoletana/Mokita/Lelit/Dell Opera

Caffeine Junky

Where to buy group seal for Napoletana/Mokita/Lelit/Dell Opera

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Does anyone know where I can buy a group seal for a Quaha Napoletana II? I assume they take the same part as the Mokita Combi/Nemox Dell Opera/Lelit Combi.

Incidentally, I was very excited to see that Talk Coffee are now selling the Lelit Combi. Id highly recommend this machine to anyone getting into coffee. Alternatively, it makes a great second machine for the office or holiday house.

I already Quaha & Mokita versions of this machine and must admit, I am very tempted to buy a Lelit too. However I am running out of space to hide all of this from my wife.

Re: Where to buy group seal for Napoletana/Mokita/Lelit/Dell Opera

Yes, it is great that Chris and Dennis are going to be selling the Lelit - a great machine for the the money and one that IMMHO is a fantastic option for someone starting out getting serious about coffee.

I dont know whether they will be selling group seals, but I do know that Alan Frew (Coffeeco - the Lelit importer) sells them. (I assume the Lelit seals would also fit the other variations of this machine. :-?)

I own a Nemox and bought two group seals from (Non sponsor business name removed) a couple of months ago along with a blind filter.

Hope this helps.

10ett, its considered poor form to post links to non-sponsor sites. I think Di Bartoli, Talk Coffee, and Coffee Parts would all sell this part, and I think its generic enough to buy from DiBs online shop.

cheers,

J

Why not just ask Chris or Dennis?

Caffeine Junky

Wow, what a fast response. Many thanks to all.
    I will contact the mentioned sponsors and post results here for future reference.

Quote Originally Posted by 04292823392439344D0 link=1249276293/3#3 date=1249279557
    10ett, its considered poor form to post links to non-sponsor sites. I think Di Bartoli, Talk Coffee, and Coffee Parts would all sell this part, and I think its generic enough to buy from DiBs online shop.
    Its not as generic a part as you think, John - being a 57mm seal. I know - I tried to get one last year and could only get it from the importer. And 10ett didnt technically provide a link to a non-sponsor site, he, just did as I did ::), told CJ where he got these otherwise elusive little parts. But, youre right to suggest he firstly contact the appropriate sponsors - in this case Chris and/or Dennis.

Cheers,

G

TC

Thanks Greg,

For the moment, Alan is the best source- until our parts stock arrives (assuming that CSers really do want this machine ;))

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by 44717C7B4F537F76767575100 link=1249276293/7#7 date=1249281824
    (assuming that CSers really do want this machine
    Hey there, Chris.

I think you should get plenty of interest in them as theyre a great basic unit - simple tried and tested technology, reliable, compact all-in-one footprint. Make a good cup. A good recommendation for those who post on CS for the first time - "any recommendations for a good first machine? Oh, and I suppose Ill need a good grinder too... but I want to keep it all under a grand." ;)

Good onya for getting them on board. I wish you well with them.

Greg

My apologies for causing dramas. I was just hoping to help out.

If the moderators want to remove my post, that would get rid of the non site sponsor concern.

If I knew of a sponsor that had the part I would have definitely recommended them first.

Sorry again.

Caffeine Junky

Quote Originally Posted by 1213465757230 link=1249276293/9#9 date=1249284058
    My apologies for causing dramas. *I was just hoping to help out.

If the moderators want to remove my post, that would get rid of the non site sponsor concern. *

If I knew of a sponsor that had the part I would have definitely recommended them first. *

Sorry again.
    Dont sweat it 10ett, I think most people do it in their early CS days.
    I appreciate the help and checked out the site you suggested.

Caffeine Junky

Quote Originally Posted by 36030E093D210D04040707620 link=1249276293/7#7 date=1249281824
    Thanks Greg,

For the moment, Alan is the best source- until our parts stock arrives (assuming that CSers really do want this machine *;))

Chris
    Hi Chris, do you have an ETA for the parts? I am not in a hurry for the seal, would just like to keep one on hand. Current one is only about 4 months old.

Would rather buy from a sponsor whenever practical to do so.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 797872617F7A60130 link=1249276293/10#10 date=1249285993

If the moderators want to remove my post, that would get rid of the non site sponsor concern. *

If I knew of a sponsor that had the part I would have definitely recommended them first. *

Sorry again.

10ett Dont sweat it... *

Many of us often do it with good intentions... *It is there to stop spammers and we all chip in; on occasion... *To do it, so that the mods have something to do... * :) ;) ;D

However as your in Brisbane (great to see ya profile is up to date) your expected to turn up at my place for teh CS meet and greet... *You will be expected to pay penance for you crime *;)

We will post a pic of you drinking INSTANT... *The other CSs get to choose the brand and strength and if your allowed milk..

I am sure a few MODS would have a smile over that.. *::) *:-* * :-X

PS. *Intentions are good... *Enjoy CS *:)

Caffeine Junky

Quote Originally Posted by 624D4446516E424D4244464E464D57230 link=1249276293/12#12 date=1249286430
    Quote Originally Posted by 797872617F7A60130 link=1249276293/10#10 date=1249285993

Sorry again.

10ett Dont sweat it... *

Many of us often do it with good intentions... *It is there to stop spammers and we all chip in; on occasion... *To do it, so that the mods have something to do... * :) ;) ;D

However as your in Brisbane (great to see ya profile is up to date) your expected to turn up at my place for teh CS meet and greet... *You will be expected to pay penance for you crime *;)

We will post a pic of you drinking INSTANT... *The other CSs get to choose the brand and strength and if your allowed milk..

I am sure a few MODS would have a smile over that.. *::) *:-* * :-X

PS. *Intentions are good... *Enjoy CS *:)

Its almost worth the flight up there just to see that!

TC

All good and the initial post was fine as well IMHO. A name is generally OK, especially where there is no sponsor, but in general no links to commercial sites.

The mod team will discuss anything which may be of concern and if required, request that Andy make a call on any questionable posting...

Hope thats as clear as mud :D

2mcm

Caffeine Junky

For future reference:

Contacted Coffee Parts. the friendly staff there referred me to Alan Frew.

Quote Originally Posted by 6E41484A5D624E414E484A424A415B2F0 link=1249276293/12#12 date=1249286430
    10ett Dont sweat it... *

Many of us often do it with good intentions... *It is there to stop spammers and we all chip in; on occasion... *To do it, so that the mods have something to do... *

However as your in Brisbane (great to see ya profile is up to date) your expected to turn up at my place for teh CS meet and greet... *You will be expected to pay penance for you crime *

I am sure a few MODS would have a smile over that.. * * *

PS. *Intentions are good... *Enjoy CS *
    Thanks AM.

I would love to come to the meet and greet but I will be working. I will definitely be trying to get to the next one, even if I will be the absolute novice there.

That is one severe punishment you are planning to hand down. Well, as long as the roast date of the Blend 43 is known, and I am able to use your machine and grinder to grind, dose, tamp, and pull my way to a lovely Starbucks sized grande with some nice foamy peaks to top it off, not forgetting a splash of hazelnut syrup. :P :D

Just kidding. Just kidding.

Getting back to the original post, I do hope that everyone floods Talk Coffee about the Lelit machines as they are great. I was very excited to see a sponsor selling these machines as it means there will be more people discussing these machines in the mid range machine section (which is dominated by Silvia and 6910 users).

Regards
    10ett

Im glad to hear what you have to say about the Lelit... have finally decided I cant stretch to the Silvia plus grinder so have purchased the Combi- now just waiting for it to turn up.

Cheers, joey