Thread: EM6910 - Replaced group head lock, now machine pumps water when AC is switched on

EM6910 - Replaced group head lock, now machine pumps water when AC is switched on

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All,

I have an EM6910 with a warn group head collar, so being the "handy" person I think I am I set about replacing it. It all went well (or so I thought) until I went to switch it back on and it immediately started pumping water and not doing its normal startup heating sequence.

I did have to undo some of the brass fittings to get the main heating block out. Im sure I didnt do it all "the right way"... but it I thought it went well

So..
    Firstly, is this a normal or did I stuff it? (i.e. is it a priming action?)

Secondly, not thinking properly I thought I might have dropped a washer or something on circuit board so I started getting the board out to have a look and promptly forgot where each wire on the top of the board went.... Looking at the board from the back of the machine, the wires from right to left are 2 (red, blue), then there are three wires, (x , x , x) which could be brown, white or black. What order do these wires go back on?

Should I admit defeat and give it to my local repairer or am I not far off..... I really dont want to wait the 2 weeks repair time....

Humbly yours...

Ashley

Re: EM6910 - Replaced group head lock, now machine pumps water when AC is switched on

I dont think thats normal, mines never done that. See if any of these pics help?

Re: EM6910 - Replaced group head lock, now machine pumps water when AC is switched on

It looks to me like martrixs pictures should sort out your wiring.

Id guess its priming.
    Dont you remember it doing that when it was first turned on when new?
    Im guessing you lost some water when removing the thermoblock therefore it was basically empty (like when new).

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 4E5A4D494351054649455D40280 link=1249820508/0#0 date=1249820508
    Hi All,

I have an EM6910 with a warn group head collar, so being the "handy" person I think I am I set about replacing it. It all went well (or so I thought) until I went to switch it back on and it immediately started pumping water and not doing its normal startup heating sequence.

I did have to undo some of the brass fittings to get the main heating block out. Im sure I didnt do it all "the right way"... but it I thought it went well

So..
    Firstly, is this a normal or did I stuff it? (i.e. is it a priming action?)

Secondly, not thinking properly I thought I might have dropped a washer or something on circuit board so I started getting the board out to have a look and promptly forgot where each wire on the top of the board went.... Looking at the board from the back of the machine, the wires from right to left are *2 (red, blue), then there are three wires, (x , x , x) which could be brown, white or black. What order do these wires go back on?

Should I admit defeat and give it to my local repairer or am I not far off..... I really dont want to wait the 2 weeks repair time....

Humbly yours...

Ashley
    Where are you located ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2D213234322938400 link=1249820508/1#1 date=1249821798
    I dont think thats normal, mines never done that. See if any of these pics help?
    Awesome, these helped a treat.

Red blue white brown black.

I put it all back together and it WORKS :-)

Reading some of the other threads RE water leaks. I may have dripped water on the board and which might have dried out in the two days since I pulled it apart.

Thanks Matrix for the pics!