Thread: Ascaso nightmare

Ascaso nightmare

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Yes folks its called the dream machine but dont be fooled its nothing short of a nightmare.
    It makes good coffee and it has a cool retro design but we have had nothing but trouble with ours since we got it and that was approx 2.5 years ago. *
    Broken thermometer, loose switches, cracked handle(twice),steam leaks from the basket, The steam wand and basket drip constantly. The dripping fills about two cups per week. The water never seems to be hot enough. Its ok if you add hot milk but if youre having short black its luke warm.
    When we sent in for repairs we got a different machine back!! *Our machine had recognisable marks and when it returned they were gone.
    Apparently we got someone elses and they got ours. We didnt bother trying to get our machine back as it was crap anyway *but we found the whole experience extremely annoying and unprofessional. Theres only one place in sydney you can get this machine fixed so youre basically held to ransom.
    We thought perhaps the first machine was a lemon and that this one would be better but 6 months later we had more problems and today our machine decided to stop heating up altogether so its off for another repair. The second one in 3 months.
    Be warned, this machine will screw up as soon as the warranty is finished if not before. Its not worth the 8-900 bucks we paid for it.
    I certainly wont be spending another 800 on any coffee machine ever again as Ascaso has left a very bitter taste in my mouth. Im seriously considering going to dept of fair trading.

Re: Ascaso nightmare

Hi Asuku,
    do you perchance live underneath a bridge and scare little children for fun? :-?

brett230873

Damn! This is a pretty good first post. Very interesting. Have you tried contacting A Current Affair or Today Tonight? I dont watch those shows but for this story I would!

Okay so my sarcasm radar is going off right about now but thanks for your attempts at humour anyway I had a laugh :P

Sorry to hear about your experience asuku
    But we do try to tell people that a lot of so called coffee machines are just appliances and not up to the task

Now brush & wash that bad taste out of your mouth and put it down to experience

I now ask "how can we help you"
    And are you ready to listen & take advice

KK

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 3D2F2937295C0 link=1250144537/0#0 date=1250144537
    Yes folks its called the dream machine but dont be fooled its nothing short of a nightmare.
    It makes good coffee and it has a cool retro design but we have had nothing but trouble with ours since we got it and that was approx 2.5 years ago. *
    Broken thermometer, loose switches, cracked handle(twice),steam leaks from the basket, The steam wand and basket drip constantly. The dripping fills about two cups per week. The water never seems to be hot enough. Its ok if you add hot milk but if youre having short black its luke warm.
    When we sent in for repairs we got a different machine back!! *Our machine had recognisable marks and when it returned they were gone.
    Apparently we got someone elses and they got ours. We didnt bother trying to get our machine back as it was crap anyway *but we found the whole experience extremely annoying and unprofessional. Theres only one place in sydney you can get this machine fixed so youre basically held to ransom.
    We thought perhaps the first machine was a lemon and that this one would be better but 6 months later we had more problems and today our machine decided to stop heating up altogether so its off for another repair. The second one in 3 months.
    Be warned, this machine will screw up as soon as the warranty is finished if not before. Its not worth the 8-900 bucks we paid for it.
    I certainly wont be spending another 800 on any coffee machine ever again as Ascaso has left a very bitter taste in my mouth. Im seriously considering going to dept of fair trading.
    Hi Asuku,
    sounds like you have had a very bad trot with this.

I know that Di Bartoli sell the machines and carry parts (they might even be able to repair it) . I would suggest giving Renzo a call and ask if they are seeing similar problems with any they have sold (although I doubt they are, else why would they carry them!). I expect you have a lemon.

Let us know how you get-on.

Quote Originally Posted by 3F2D2B352B5E0 link=1250144537/0#0 date=1250144537
    Sorry to hear all this, we do not sell this model in our range however we have spares for it.

This machines are pretty simple, pump, boiler with out site heating device, couple of thermostats and spring pressure group head.

I am in Peru at the moment, but you are welcome to talk to Ofra or David and see if they can help. otherwise you can PM am checking emails here.

Renzo
    Di Bartoli Home Barista Centre