Thread: Best price for Silvia and Rocky combo

Best price for Silvia and Rocky combo

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi, just wondering if anyone recently purchased this combo recently, wondering, whats the best price on this at the moment, both new or second hand.

thank you

Re: Best price for Silvia and Rocky combo

Depends on location and whether you wish to buy in person or on-line and 2008 pr 2009 models.
    I have just got the combo but given my barista skills and dollars down the drain on beans etc and mess in my kitchen I may be selling second hand in the not too distant future ;D The Silvia is not as easy as its cracked up to be. I would in all honesty look at a different machine if you are a noob to the trade. Fun but frustrating..! ;) ::)

Quote Originally Posted by 6B4E495D5E584F78545D5D5E5E3B0 link=1250145869/1#1 date=1250158115
    Depends on location and whether you wish to buy in person or on-line and 2008 pr 2009 models.
    I have just got the combo but given my barista skills and dollars down the drain on beans etc and mess in my kitchen I may be selling second hand in the not too distant future *;D The Silvia is not as easy as its cracked up to be. I would in all honesty look at a different machine if you are a noob to the trade. Fun but frustrating..! ;) ::)
    Although some have little option, but buy online, save a few $s and you get what you paid for. Same machine, no real idea of how to get the best from the machine, waste money on making coffee that even worms would turn their nose up at.

Buy from a Sponsor (many sell them) and ensure that the Sponsor will provide you with the necessary support for your purchase. Youll end up saving money. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 6076737362606C65656666030 link=1250145869/2#2 date=1250159102
    Quote Originally Posted by 6B4E495D5E584F78545D5D5E5E3B0 link=1250145869/1#1 date=1250158115
    I have just got the combo but given my barista skills and dollars down the drain on beans etc and mess in my kitchen I may be selling second hand in the not too distant future *;D The Silvia is not as easy as its cracked up to be. I would in all honesty look at a different machine if you are a noob to the trade. Fun but frustrating..! ;) ::)
    Although some have little option, but buy online, save a few $s and you get what you paid for. *Same machine, no real idea of how to get the best from the machine, waste money on making coffee that even worms would turn their nose up at.

Buy from a Sponsor (many sell them) and ensure that the Sponsor will provide you with the necessary support for your purchase. *Youll end up saving money. ;)

I agree on buying in person...did exactly that myself. Admit I didnt buy from a CS sponser as didnt know about CS at the time (legitimate reason why). having said that rural folk wont receive the same backup or support as city folk for obvious reasons so you gotta do what is most comfortable for you. Good luck with your decision. You wont regret it long-term. :)

thank you for these comments,
    I appreciate your comment PurfectCoffee, so its really not so easy, thats good to know.

are their sponsors that provide a quick run through, and even show how shots are done on the machine

Although it isnt an easy one to master but when u do make sense of it, it can make a awesome cup.
    For me that is part of the adventure!! The journey for the Purfectcup ;)

I can see this thread going the way of some others in a similar vein... ::)

And Ive seen many threads come and go on this kind of topic...and thats over a time frame of three years. *sigh*

Yes, we were all newbies once. Me too, even...

I think I admitted somewhere to owning a Sunbeam...a long time ago... ;D :o ::) ;)

But did you know...

I have owned a Silvia and Rocky combo for more than THREE years now!? *:o

Shock...Horror! A CoffeeSnob member who HAS NOT upgraded... :o

Sure...there are some machines out there that I would love to own...but there is (apart from cost and money) a huge reason why I dont change over. And no, Im not going to go into that just here or now...sorry.

Sure...the Silvia is not perfect, nor is the Sunbeam, the Giotto, the Expobar, the Synesso, the La Marzocco, the Mistral, the Slayer...no seriously...NONE of these machines are perfect...trust me, do some reading...youll find a bad point on every single machine out there...guaranteed...

Ultimately...

YOU must decide how much YOU are willing to spend on this. It is not up to any of us to tell you how much a combo is worth or not...it truly comes back to what dollars you are willing to part with.

If you decide you want a particular brand of car or a certain type of house in a certain suburb...do you go to a forum and ask the question..."How much should I pay?" or do you just decide "I am only going to pay so much..." I reckon the latter...

I seriously do not think that us telling you what the dollar value of this equipment is is going to make the decision over go or no go with purchase any easier for you. We cant hold your hand over that decision and make it for you. Ultimately, you are looking to purchase and hence you will be the one to decide. If it comes down to how much you can afford, then that is what you will decide on.

To me it seems like youve got some choices...

One is...if its out of your budget, save like crazy and then buy what you really want...

Two is...just get more credit...it seems the trendy (but not always wise) thing to do...

Three is...buy in budget...might be cheaper machine but still could do the job...

Four is...find the best local cafe making fantastic coffee and just go there, get served and enjoy the atmosphere and priviledge of being able to get out to a quality cafe...(not all of us have that you know!)

Everyone here has an opinion...and if you know anything about opinions...then youll know that its like something else we all have... and we all have one! *;D

And so there...youve just been subjected to mine! *:D ;) :-*

Top post Scoots.... [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]

Mal.

sy

Quote Originally Posted by 6474787863764870767B170 link=1250145869/6#6 date=1250165751
    Four is...find the best local cafe making fantastic coffee and just go there, get served and enjoy the atmosphere and priviledge of being able to get out to a quality cafe...(not all of us have that you know!)
    Since buying my machine, Id say my time spent in local cafes has more than doubled. Cant believe I was missing out on all that great coffee for so long.