Thread: EM6910 issue. Advice needed

Caffeine Junky

EM6910 issue. Advice needed

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Just my luck!

The EM6910 Ive been selling has been smooth sailing for 12 months.
    Today a fellow CS member came over ready to hand over his cash.
    I had cleaned the machine and emptied the resevoir.

When he arrived I suggested a demo and filled the resevoir again. The pump made noise but not water would come out of the group!
    Steam is not issue, still working fine.

Any suggestions or advice before I open her up?

Re: EM6910 issue. Advice needed

Hi CJ

Sounds like it might possibly be that the anti-calc filter is blocking the water flow, or the water tank not popped in fully. Try taking the water tank out again and putting it back in and see if that helps. Also take off the filter and put it back on. The steam that you got might have just been residual steam in the steam line.

I think someone had the issue in a previous thread as per the above, and it turned out to be an easy fix from memory.

Happy for anyone else to jump in with other thoughts...

Cheers
    Di

Caffeine Junky

Hi Di thanks for the suggestions. They were my first 2 thoughts as well. Unfortunately neither seemed to be the culprit.

Im still hoping its simple fix like that. I was going to open her up tonight to look for something obvious like a disconnected tube. However just finished 2 hours of ironing and cannot be bothered.

A_M

Hot water ?

I would also give teh valve in teh water tank a bit of a tickle..

Some times they get a bit of an air lock..

Run some Hot water and then the group a few times...

Caffeine Junky

Thanks AM. I should have mentioned theres no hot water either.
    Will have a good play around tomorrow. Its been an eventful day in our household. My wife is currently at emergency getting a burnt hand looked at.

The machine problem is karma....I tried selling it on the same day I went to the Sunbeam barista course (courtesy of a friend). Coure was fine but cant say I really learnt anything new.

IMHO if you have steam then it is not an air-lock nor a reservoir problem.

I had an air-lock in mine and rang Sunbeam. They told me to remove the reservoir and lift it while replacing it firmly. Then to try the manual switch several times giving it time to draw water back in.

Worked for me ;)

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 7F585E59542D0 link=1250335077/5#5 date=1250379367
    IMHO if you have steam then it is not an air-lock nor a reservoir problem. *

I had an air-lock in mine and rang Sunbeam. *They told me to remove the reservoir and lift it while replacing it firmly. Then to try the manual switch several times giving it time to draw water back in.

Worked for me *;)
    Rusty... A reasonable point, but the devil is in teh detail and the fluid flow etc...

KISS.... *Was working, removed tank etc ... Not working *= Air lock in the first instance...

Steam working fine ?? *Did it just get turned on or *was milk steamed ?? *There is enough water in the system to generate some good steam Even with no WATER flow.

Secondly, the water for the steam takes a separate path other than a single common point at the start of the flow...

Thus still possible for an AIR lock to get in the system and cause a problem OR even not have the tank seated correctly..

If steam is OK and you can steam a couple of jugs of milk etc.. The even this is not 100% conclusive as to the water tank valve as the steam does not require LOTS of water... But I would then be considering something a little more serious... If still no hot water or group ??

So Caffeine Junky... Feedback as to the problem.. / FIX ?

Caffeine Junky

Thanks for the input guys. Its been a crazy weekend and I have not had a chance to play around much.

I can confirm that water is getting to the steam thermoblock so its unlikely to be an issue with the resevoir valve.

No hot water and no water from the brew head still. Thats as far as Ive come.

Am in 2 minds about opening it up and having a look myself...consideirng Im not even sure what to look for. Am tempted to take to the service centre although its 1 hour return trip and the machine is out of warranty....

If the pump is still making a noise but you arent getting water at either the tap or group, then there is obviously a blockage somewhere (that blockage could be an airlock).

Remember that theres a seperate pump for the steam so the water path from the tank must split somewhere and the blockage is after that split, along the non-steam path.

Have you rung Sunbeam to ask what they think?
    I remember them stepping me through a process to eliminate an airblock.

Caffeine Junky

Quote Originally Posted by 417D607B717067727A71150 link=1250335077/8#8 date=1250468007
    If the pump is still making a noise but you arent getting water at either the tap or group, then there is obviously a blockage somewhere (that blockage could be an airlock).

Remember that theres a seperate pump for the steam so the water path from the tank must split somewhere and the blockage is after that split, along the non-steam path.

Thanks TG. On the SB website it says that Customer Service is for products still under warranty and directs people to their service agents if out of warranty. Do you think its still worth calling them?

I have bought some items from the certified service centre here in Adelaide and they seem to be a bit pricey. Im worried theyll slug me if I take it in there.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 6D6C66756B6E74070 link=1250335077/9#9 date=1250469647
    Quote Originally Posted by 417D607B717067727A71150 link=1250335077/8#8 date=1250468007

Thanks TG. *On the SB website it says that Customer Service is for products still under warranty and directs people to their service agents if out of warranty. *Do you think its still worth calling them?

I have bought some items from the certified service centre here in Adelaide and they seem to be a bit pricey. *Im worried theyll slug me if I take it in there.
    They will want to charge you.... Unless it is the pump...

Have a look at this http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1249003655 and what he found at about half way way through his rebuild.. Crap in the solenoid.. Thus no flow to teh Hot Water or Group...

That is my guess..

Shame ya were not around teh corner... Have ya fixed in a jiffy

Caffeine Junky

Thanks for that AM. I can see myself in the shed tonight with the lap top next to me trying to identify each part.

Will have to drink plunger coffee to keep me away. Dont want to use the Giotto until the new shower screen, water distributor & group seal come from Coffee Parts.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 20212B382623394A0 link=1250335077/11#11 date=1250480719
    Thanks for that AM. *I can see myself in the shed tonight with the lap top next to me trying to identify each part. *

Will have to drink plunger coffee to keep me away. *Dont want to use the Giotto until the new shower screen, water distributor & group seal come from Coffee Parts.
    PM me ya details and contact #.. May be worth a call..

Thanks TG. *On the SB website it says that Customer Service is for products still under warranty and directs people to their service agents if out of warranty. *Do you think its still worth calling them?
    Yes.
    Dont tell them its not under warranty. Play dumb.
    You arent asking them to repair it, you are asking for some advice.
    If they dont help youve lost nothing; if they do help they may fix the problem.

By the way, only selected Service Agents are authorised to touch the 6910s; so without ringing SB you dont know which ones know anything about your machine.
    There was a recent thread were a CS member took his machine to a SB agent that was not a 6910 repairer and that caused all sorts of hassle and from memory SB themselves were far from impressed with their agent.

Caffeine Junky

Thanks TG. as far as I know there is only the one service agent in Adelaide.
    I saw a couple of EM6910s when I went in there some time ago so I am assuming they can repair them.

I will have a tinker around tonight based on the link to the other thread AM provided. If no success Ill then try the Sunbeam helpline.
    Last resort will be taking to the service agent.

Not sure if this will get rectified before I leave for o/s as Im quickly running out of time. Just found out I need a health clearance from my GP to be covered for travel insurance.

Wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by 2F2E2437292C36450 link=1250335077/14#14 date=1250492741
    Just found out I need a health clearance from my GP to be covered for travel insurance.

Wish me luck!
    Anyone who drinks coffee must be healthy *;)

Caffeine Junky

Quote Originally Posted by 765157505D240 link=1250335077/15#15 date=1250497918
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F2E2437292C36450 link=1250335077/14#14 date=1250492741
    Just found out I need a health clearance from my GP to be covered for travel insurance.

Wish me luck!
    Anyone who drinks coffee must be healthy *;)
    And I drink more than most so must be extra healthy ;)

Well the cover has just come off the sunny.....why do they need to use so any screws anyway....and all different sizes. Even a couple which need star shaped bits, Im sure theres a more correct term. Lucky I had the bits.

Im now trying to identify what is what. Wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by 6B6A60736D6872010 link=1250335077/14#14 date=1250492741
    I saw a couple of EM6910s when I went in there some time ago so I am assuming they can repair them.
    Theres a new service agent close to home - he was nice enough to let me drop off my 6910 with him for onforwarding to the authorised repairer.
    You never know - looks can be deceiving.

Caffeine Junky

Well that was 3 hours of my life Im not getting back.

On the positive, it was not a sticky valve like Martrix had. *That little sucker seemed to be in perfect condition.

On the negative....at one point I forgot to disconnect the power. Got a nice ol zap from the electrodes on top of the steam thermoblock. *Now theres no steam, only a ticking noise. *I also managed to break the cable going to the pressure gauge. Not sure how it could have been avoided though....consisted of a wire soldered to nut....had to turn the nut to remove and the wire twisted until it broke. *Was going to solder back but I have very rudimentary soldering skills.

So in summary, there is now 3 problems with the machine instead of the original single problem.

AM, want another 6910 for your collection? I have a feeling this sucker is going to cost more to fix than its worth. *:(

If you are going to give it away can I have the PF? please please please
    Will pay for postage too.
    Regards
    Crisp Image

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 585953405E5B41320 link=1250335077/18#18 date=1250512200
    Well that was 3 hours of my life Im not getting back.

On the positive, it was not a sticky valve like Martrix had. *That little sucker seemed to be in perfect condition.

On the negative....at one point I forgot to disconnect the power. Got a nice ol zap from the electrodes on top of the steam thermoblock. *Now theres no steam, only a ticking noise. *I also managed to break the cable going to the pressure gauge. Not sure how it could have been avoided though....consisted of a wire soldered to nut....had to turn the nut to remove and the wire twisted until it broke. *Was going to solder back but I have very rudimentary soldering skills.

So in summary, there is now 3 problems with the machine instead of the original single problem.

AM, want another 6910 for your collection? I have a feeling this sucker is going to cost more to fix than its worth. *:(
    PM Sent..

WARNING TO ALL..

ALWAYS TURN POWER OFF and UN PLUG...

The cable is not a cable... *It is a very thin tube..... *

May be in a position to make ONe from two... And have some extra parts for others in need...

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 487962787B5462666A6C6E0B0 link=1250335077/19#19 date=1250551331
    If you are going to give it away can *I have the PF? please please please
    Will pay for postage too.
    Regards
    Crisp Image
    If ya want a Naked... I have one.. But not for free but a good price and less than a new one...

PM Me.

Caffeine Junky

Am taking it to the Sunbeam service agent today. They charge $39 to diagnose and that goes towards repairs if you go ahead them.

Will report back here once I know what is going on. I figure $200 is the max Im prepared to pay for repairs. Any more than that and Id rather freight it off to AM or use it as a boat anchor.

If it does get written off Ill probably keep group handles etc. to try and recoup a little of the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by 200F0604132C000F0006040C040F15610 link=1250335077/10#10 date=1250479611
    Have a look at this http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1249003655 and what he found at about half way way through his rebuild.. Crap in the solenoid..Thus no flow to teh Hot Water or Group...
    just to clear that up, mine did still have perfect flow to the hot water, group head and steam. My problem was that the tiny rubbers inside the pressure relief valve had become gooey and sticky from not cleaning it, thus no pressure could build in the GH when pulling a shot because the pressure valve was stuck open.

Quote Originally Posted by 0B0A00130D0812610 link=1250335077/18#18 date=1250512200
    On the positive, it was not a sticky valve like Martrix had.That little sucker seemed to be in perfect condition.
    Mine looked to be in good nick too, but had a film of kinda clear slightly stickyness on it...hows my terminology! ::) 2 good soaks in cafetto (and a few short blasts with compressed air) and it worked like new.

With the tank full, did you let the pump run for a long time? If the lines are empty it takes a while to bring the water through, like when mine was new I thought it was stuffed because no water came through for ages.

Seeing as though it worked before you removed the tank and now its not, I really think the issue is right there. How long had you removed the tank and not used it for?

Quote Originally Posted by 0B0A00130D0812610 link=1250335077/18#18 date=1250512200
    On the negative....at one point I forgot to disconnect the power. Got a nice ol zap from the electrodes on top of the steam thermoblock.Now theres no steam, only a ticking noise.I also managed to break the cable going to the pressure gauge. Not sure how it could have been avoided though....consisted of a wire soldered to nut....had to turn the nut to remove and the wire twisted until it broke.Was going to solder back but I have very rudimentary soldering skills.
    crikey, lucky youre not dead! I installed/removed my pressure line about 20 times without breaking it. The hollow copper tube is soldered to a lug which is clamped down by the nut, the two are separate items so they move freely once the nut is loosened. One spanner on the hex below, and one on the actual nut. Brass is super soft and these fitting can be bent quite easily...damhikt.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 6A667573756E7F070 link=1250335077/23#23 date=1250584602
    Quote Originally Posted by 200F0604132C000F0006040C040F15610 link=1250335077/10#10 date=1250479611
    Have a look at this http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1249003655 and what he found at about half way way through his rebuild.. Crap in the solenoid..Thus no flow to teh Hot Water or Group...
    just to clear that up, mine did still have perfect flow to the hot water, group head and steam. My problem was that the tiny rubbers inside the pressure relief valve had become gooey and sticky from not cleaning it, thus no pressure could build in the GH when pulling a shot because the pressure valve was stuck open.

On the positive, it was not a sticky valve like Martrix had.That little sucker seemed to be in perfect condition.
    Mine looked to be in good nick too, but had a film of kinda clear slightly stickyness on it...hows my terminology! ::) 2 good soaks in cafetto (and a few short blasts with compressed air) and it worked like new.

With the tank full, did you let the pump run for a long time? If the lines are empty it takes a while to bring the water through, like when mine was new I thought it was stuffed because no water came through for ages.

Seeing as though it worked before you removed the tank and now its not, I really think the issue is right there. How long had you removed the tank and not used it for?

On the negative....at one point I forgot to disconnect the power. Got a nice ol zap from the electrodes on top of the steam thermoblock.Now theres no steam, only a ticking noise.I also managed to break the cable going to the pressure gauge. Not sure how it could have been avoided though....consisted of a wire soldered to nut....had to turn the nut to remove and the wire twisted until it broke.Was going to solder back but I have very rudimentary soldering skills.
    crikey, lucky youre not dead! I installed/removed my pressure line about 20 times without breaking it. The hollow copper tube is soldered to a lug which is clamped down by the nut, the two are separate items so they move freely once the nut is loosened. One spanner on the hex below, and one on the actual nut. Brass is super soft and these fitting can be bent quite easily...damhikt.
    So how is yours now running ?

Quote Originally Posted by 6B444D4F58674B444B4D4F474F445E2A0 link=1250335077/24#24 date=1250585127
    So how is yours now running ?
    flawlessly. ;) I do a quick rinse with the SB supplied blind filter after every coffee now and Im persistently pleased at how clean the PF and GH seem to be compared to how it was.
    Still getting varying quality shots, but Im fairly sure its down to the tamp. The SB supplied tamp is not big enough. A sweet tamp is what I will next turn out of the metal lathe, maybe with a nicely figured redgum handle. :P

In the meantime Im occupied with getting another toy up and running. Setting up for mild steel and aluminium....no stainless yet, that $%^* is expensive!

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 5E524147415A4B330 link=1250335077/25#25 date=1250592527
    Quote Originally Posted by 6B444D4F58674B444B4D4F474F445E2A0 link=1250335077/24#24 date=1250585127
    So how is yours now running ? *
    flawlessly. ;) I do a quick rinse with the SB supplied blind filter after every coffee now and Im persistently pleased at how clean the group handle and GH seem to be compared to how it was.
    Still getting varying quality shots, but Im fairly sure its down to the tamp. The SB supplied tamp is not big enough. A sweet tamp is what I will next turn out of the metal lathe, maybe with a nicely figured redgum handle. :P

In the meantime Im occupied with getting another toy up and running. Setting up for mild steel and aluminium....no stainless yet, that $%^* is expensive!

So how is teh Group Handle.. I guess you now got ideas;)

So ya wont need ya Lathe :o :o Good... Getting a real need here ;D

Next time your out and come acoss some interesting wood... Keep me in mind :-*

At least Im not the only one with EM6910 problem. I can still get a shot but no steam - no noise, no water, no steam at all. I took it apart a bit but was quickly out of my depth - I had contacted the Sunbeam repairer but was dissuaded from that option due to the cost discussion quickly reaching over $250 and then maybe . . .

Angermanagement you seem to know some things about these - does this sound home repairable with the right parts - I am looking at a Silvia but would probably keep the EM6910 for camping if it didnt cost too much. Are you still in Brissy?

Quote Originally Posted by 666A7F7F547860726E0B0 link=1250335077/27#27 date=1252539053
    At least Im not the only one with EM6910 problem. *I can still get a shot but no steam - no noise, no water, no steam at all. *I took it apart a bit but was quickly out of my depth - I had contacted the Sunbeam repairer but was dissuaded from that option due to the cost discussion quickly reaching over $250 and then maybe . . .

Angermanagement you seem to know some things about these - does this sound home repairable with the right parts - I am looking at a Silvia but would probably keep the EM6910 for camping if it didnt cost too much. *Are you still in Brissy?
    Mate - thats serious camping! Id love to take mine camping, but itís a bit too heavy for our setup!

My steam went completely about 6 weeks ago - turned out to be a steam pump. This was covered by the Sunbeam 5 year pump guarantee. Maybe you could get it checked by a repairer to find out if itís the pump or not Ė then decided what to do?

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 5B57424269455D4F53360 link=1250335077/27#27 date=1252539053
    At least Im not the only one with EM6910 problem. *I can still get a shot but no steam - no noise, no water, no steam at all. *I took it apart a bit but was quickly out of my depth - I had contacted the Sunbeam repairer but was dissuaded from that option due to the cost discussion quickly reaching over $250 and then maybe . . .

Angermanagement you seem to know some things about these - does this sound home repairable with the right parts - I am looking at a Silvia but would probably keep the EM6910 for camping if it didnt cost too much. *Are you still in Brissy?
    Got another one on my bench today... Micro switch Open cct..

I understand steam pomps are available, as to cost ???

Switch.. Local purchase of a few dollars...

Pump and or switch is not so hard...

Have urgent Repair at Gold coast... So will comment more on my return... But it could be LATE..

Any one at Southport care to spring me a coffee later to night ???

0 4 1 3 5 8 3 5 0 7

Caffeine Junky

OK thought Id bump this thread as I finally got my machine back from the Sunbeam service today and sipping on a latte I made with it. All seems to be working just fine.

I am still getting the flashing red power light as described by sjn in this thread http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1251251711
    but thats always been there and never really caused an issue (I cant see any connection between the repairs needed and the flashing light).

For the benefit of any other EM6910 owners who may suffer the same issues I did, here is a summary of the repairs:

Brew Pump - $90
    Micro Switch (Steam) - $16.50
    Labour - $69
    Total $175.50

They were meant to charge me $39 on drop-off which is there fee just to have a look, payable if the machine is repaired or not. If you go ahead with the repair they subract the $39 from the cost.

I never got charged the $39 which I can only assume was an oversight so it actually cost me $136.50

I will probably keep it for a while to do some comparisons with the Giotto. The work is guaranteed for 3 months so should sell it while it has some of that left.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 36373D2E30352F5C0 link=1250335077/30#30 date=1254306992
    OK thought Id bump this thread as I finally got my machine back from the Sunbeam service today and sipping on a latte I made with it. *All seems to be working just fine. *

I am still getting the flashing red power light as described by sjn in this thread http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1251251711
    but thats always been there and never really caused an issue (I cant see any connection between the repairs needed and the flashing light).

For the benefit of any other EM6910 owners who may suffer the same issues I did, here is a summary of the repairs:

Brew Pump - $90
    Micro Switch (Steam) - $16.50
    Labour - $69
    Total $175.50

They were meant to charge me $39 on drop-off which is there fee just to have a look, payable if the machine is repaired or not. If you go ahead with the repair they subract the $39 from the cost. *

I never got charged the $39 which I can only assume was an oversight so it actually cost me $136.50

I will probably keep it for a while to do some comparisons with the Giotto. *The work is guaranteed for 3 months so should sell it while it has some of that left.
    Interesting -

Pump has - 5 years.... ??
    Switch - One heavy fist :-)
    Labour - About right

Extra - Broken cable going to the pressure gauge ???

Come on CJ.... What did you really do and say ;D :o

Enjoy and experience the comparison.

AM

Caffeine Junky

Quote Originally Posted by 16393032251A36393630323A323923570 link=1250335077/31#31 date=1254310782
    Interesting -

Labour - About right

Extra - *Broken cable going to the pressure gauge ???

Come on CJ.... *What did you really do and say *;D *:o

AM
    Good point about the 5 year warranty on the pump. I didnt have a receipt although the 6910 hasnt been around for 5 years. In any case it was pretty obvious Id tampered with the machine so I didnt have much of an argument there.

Forgot to mention the broken pipe to the pressure gauge. The gauge is working so they obviously fixed it free of charge (maybe they thought they broke it?).

Must admit AM, I was tempted to use the receipt from my friends 6910 which is still within warranty, I doubt they would have checked serial numbers. Just too damn honest, even for a dodgy Greek.

Must say I didnt mind using it again. Obviously not a patch on the Giotto but still a very good machine. Would love to know what % go back to Sunbeam for warranty repairs. Not sure if they are unreliable or whether this site attracts people whove experienced problems with theirs.

If Sunbeam extended their warranty to 2 years (like the Breville Fresca) then Id have no problems recommending it.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 3332382B35302A590 link=1250335077/32#32 date=1254311555
    Quote Originally Posted by 16393032251A36393630323A323923570 link=1250335077/31#31 date=1254310782
    Interesting -

Labour - About right

Extra - *Broken cable going to the pressure gauge ???

Come on CJ.... *What did you really do and say *;D *:o

AM
    Good point about the 5 year warranty on the pump. *I didnt have a receipt although the 6910 hasnt been around for 5 years. *In any case it was pretty obvious Id tampered with the machine so I didnt have much of an argument there.

Forgot to mention the broken pipe to the pressure gauge. The gauge is working so they obviously fixed it free of charge (maybe they thought they broke it?).

Must admit AM, I was tempted to use the receipt from my friends 6910 which is still within warranty, I doubt they would have checked serial numbers. Just too damn honest, even for a dodgy Greek.

Must say I didnt mind using it again. *Obviously not a patch on the Giotto but still a very good machine. *Would love to know what % go back to Sunbeam for warranty repairs. *Not sure if they are unreliable or whether this site attracts people whove experienced problems with theirs. *

If Sunbeam extended their warranty to 2 years (like the Breville Fresca) then Id have no problems recommending it.
    Arr... That explains it all... You should have put some windex on it... The family will never forgive you :o

Loved that show - Windex and trying to learn a few words to show of...

Re: EM6910 issue. Advice needed "flashing red light"

Hi All

I am a new coffeesnobs member but a coffee addict nonetheless :)

I have a sunbeam em6900 (about 5 years old) but seem to have trouble starting it up. It turns on but then the main power light goes from flashing-green to flashing-red. I then have to turn it off and then back on only to get the same problem. Only after I repeat the this process about 10 times, the machine finally decides to stay turned on.

Once its on, the coffee is perfect and I dont have any other problems to mention. I absolutely love the machine but its out of warranty and dont want to spend too much fixing what I think might only be a small problem.

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks to all in advance...

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 524D484C5252210 link=1250335077/34#34 date=1255154275
    Hi All

I am a new coffeesnobs member but a coffee addict nonetheless :)

I have a sunbeam em6900 (about 5 years old) but seem to have trouble starting it up. It turns on but then the main power light goes from flashing-green to flashing-red. I then have to turn it off and then back on only to get the same problem. Only after I repeat the this process about 10 times, the machine finally decides to stay turned on.

Once its on, the coffee is perfect and I dont have any other problems to mention. I absolutely love the machine but its out of warranty and dont want to spend too much fixing what I think might only be a small problem.

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks to all in advance...

There is a separate topic all on this - See here

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1251251711/

Please up date ya profile with your location... It help those who may be able to assist..

MOD / ADMIn / ANDY - Can you move this post and the one from Slim to the link above.. TA

Hi snobs,

Im experiencing the same symptoms, steam working fine but nothing through the group or hot water tap. The only difference is sometimes it works, but seems to be at low pressure when it does. My household usually makes about 8 coffees a day, 4 in the morning, 4 in the afternoon. Today we were able to make 2 in the morning then it stopped working. Same again in the afternoon. Im in Brisbane, can anyone help? Not real keen on going to Albion, especially not on a weekday.

Called Sunbeam on Monday, took machine to repairers on Tuesday, got it back Wednesday with a new brew pump and steam pump courteous of le Sunbeam. That 5 year pump warranty is brilliant, my machine is like new! Except of course for the deteriorating outer shell.

00lec

Hey dude, I had the same problem no water from head or hot water. I half filled the tank with H2O and 3 tablespoons of vinegar. It still would not work through, so I ran the steam wand for a couple of minutes it seemed to be a bit calcified up also. After 3-4 minutes I tried the hot water and it started to come through, I then tried the head again and :D it started coming through the head ran for 750ml let sit for 15 mins and then ran the rest through the head, hot water and steam wand. All sweet now ;D ;D Hope this can help for an easy fix if thats all that is needed.

00lec
    I think you are on the money.

I wrote an explanation on another post but cant link you until i have 5 posts to my name...
    :-/
    And this is just the fourth post...* :P

Yay! This is my 5th post so hopefully you get the link in the next post...
    Drum roll.... :D

Hopefully, this link will explain what is happening...
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1334022816/6#6