Thread: My set up... finally

My set up... finally

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    i wasnt really sure where should I post but I was far to excited to show you this.

By the way the machine and the grinder come all the way from Australia to Argentina ( I hide the tamper, portafilter etc in the guitar hard case, so I avoided overweight)

I was lucky customs gave me green light and didnt check me :D. I was sooo lucky.

Luckily I brought a blind portafilter with me! they are impossible to find in here.

By the way, now im pretty obsessed with the maintenance of the machine and I read I should do a backflush with soap every week, the problem is that I can find that kind of specific product in here... what should I use instead??

Thanks!

joe

Re: My set up... finally

Quote Originally Posted by 1C25257D25254A0 link=1250971227/0#0 date=1250971227
    By the way, now im pretty obsessed with the maintenance of the machine and I read I should do a backflush with soap every week, the problem is that I can find that kind of specific product in here... what should I use instead??
    Hi V7,
    Yes smuggling white powder through customs is frowned upon.
    If routine cleaning is all thats required: - you could try washing soda (Na2CO3.10H2O if youll pardon the expression) just the quantity you may have been using of commercial product, if that is too hard you could try the cheapest automatic dishwasher detergent again in very small quantity and if machine goes sour/rotten/bad tasting a little bit of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) mixed in would be a good idea.
    If descaling is required: from memory 10g of citric acid dissolved in warm/hot water and made up to 1 litre or thereabouts, has a wide following. I have heard not to use vinegar in Gaggias and have pulled apart several where the owner did which may have contributed to the blockages under the shower screen holder.
    Whatever chemicals you put in that Classic, rinse well without rushing.
    That is pump water through wait time and do it again or more and once more taste the water if it tastes yuk/not sweet rinse again. Citric acid tastes sour and the alkaline cleaner just tastes yuk.

This would give you a place to start.
    Kind Regards
    Lindsay

Thank you very much. You just solved a big issue for me :D, I was pretty obsessed with the maintenance.

Thanks!

joe

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 566F6F376F6F000 link=1250971229/0#0 date=1250971227
    i wasnt really sure where should I post but I was far to excited to show you this.

By the way the machine and the grinder come all the way from Australia to Argentina ( I hide the tamper, group handle etc in the guitar hard case, so I avoided overweight)

Thanks!

joe
    I gather there must be other small coffee shops around.. *Ask where they get their cleaning product from.. They may even give you some to get you by...

It should not be hard to find..