Thread: Lelit nemox combi opera

Lelit nemox combi opera

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I need a new home machine & one for the office. Ill buy one first and try it for a while.
    After considerable reading through the posts I think I am looking for one of the machines like the Lelit Combi (for some reason Ive got the impression it might be more forgiving than the Silvia/Rocky combo ?) I am however open to suggestion about suitable machines.

Ease of operation & cleaning has been noted as a desirable characteristic for the home machine. The machine will be used quite lightly (2 up to 4 coffees per day) and of these half will be a plain shot and half a milky job in a mug (so I need enough clearance for a mug).

The Lelit Combi appears to be the same as the Nemox Dell Opera and other names too although Ive only found these two available so far hunting through the sponsors. Are these units entirely equivalent except the badging (in which case I think the Lelit looks a touch better)?

Which sponsors can supply these to me in Brisbane?

Re: Lelit nemox combi opera

Hi 2shot and welcome to CS!

Essentially, the machine you mention are all the same. Both Chris from Talk Coffee and I carry stock of the Lelit, as well as 57mm tampers that we recommend to accompany the machine.

Either of us are able to ship to Brissie.

Feel free to make contact if youd like further information.

Cheers
    Den

JCD

Hi 2shot and cuppacoffee,
    Also looking at one of these machines, sorry for hijacking your post, but was wondering if cuppacoffee could tell me approx. shipping cost to Adelaide for one of these.
    Also huge thanks to everyone for a wealth of information made available for newbs like myself. Very helpful.
    Cheers
    Jason

pm sent Jason ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 5E484D4D5C5E525B5B58583D0 link=1252283783/1#1 date=1252284889
    Essentially, the machine you mention are all the same.Both Chris from Talk Coffee and I carry stock of the Lelit, as well as 57mm tampers that we recommend to accompany the machine.

Either of us are able to ship to Brissie.

Feel free to make contact if youd like further information.
    Thanks cuppacoffee.

As I havent seen one of these machines in the metal, can you tell me whats the clearance i.e. tallest cup that can fit into the machine. (leaving the driptray cover on ;-) )

Also I saw on another sponsors site the statement that the Nemox has all brass tubing inside. However I thought I saw elsewhere a photo of the innards of the LeLit Combi (comparing it to a Silvia) with synthetic plumbing. What is really in there?

pls advise price shipped to Brisbane.

The Lelit makes use of teflon tubing.

Clearance is 90mm though I can easily slide a 100mm mug under the spouts.

pm sent re pricing.

Thanks for the speedy responses!
    I will need to support a favorite mug thats used for the weekend-paper-reading-coffee-on-the-deck or suffer some consequences, so its good to hear that #1 mug slides in ok.

With teflon vs brass tubing, if the rest is equivalent (Lelit vs Nemox), would the brass version be a bit better for temp stability & longevity?

Caffeine Junky

I had to go and measure the height of my mug.....105mm.
    Fits easily under the spout after a slight tilt it to get it in place. Once in place it can stand upright and be removed without spilling any coffee.

That is the tallest mug we have here in the office, most others were 90-100mm. You would probably struggle to get one of those tall travel mugs in place, although Im sure that would be the case with just about any domestic coffee machine. If you remove the grate from the drip tray it would probably fit.

Quote Originally Posted by 70312A2D36420 link=1252283783/6#6 date=1252366990
    would the brass version be a bit better for temp stability
    I cant see how.

& longevity
    Very likely. Though the teflon would be a cheap, quick fix if the need did arise.

Quote Originally Posted by 3E282D2D3C3E323B3B38385D0 link=1252283783/8#8 date=1252367708
    would the brass version be a bit better for temp stability
    I cant see how.

Ok maybe theres nothing to it. I was thinking that if the boiler & other hardware was brass then if there was all brass tubing between it would all come up to temp together and go down together.

My experience with teflon is limited to the fryingpan.

Quote Originally Posted by 2362797E65110 link=1252283783/9#9 date=1252369245
    Ok maybe theres nothing to it. I was thinking that if the boiler & other hardware was brass then if there was all brass tubing between it would all come up to temp together and go down together.

My experience with teflon is limited to the fryingpan.
    Its not really a question of longevity or doing something on the cheap as it were. A lot of companies choose to use high pressure rated Teflon Tubing in an effort to reduce the coupling of vibrations from the pump through to any rigid structures fixed to the machine chassis or panelling. Even some manufacturers of domestic HX and Dual Boiler machines do this where Vibe Pumps are being used.

I cant ever imagine that this thick walled, high pressure tubing would ever fail in service on a domestic espresso machine, any more than where copper tubing is being used for this purpose. Its not really a deal breaker in my opinion, just an alternative solution at reducing the effects of the Pump....

Cheers,
    Mal.

Hi all, I am new to coffeesnobs (first posting) and appreciate all the useful information I have read in the forum, thank *you all.

I am also interested in the Lelit or Nemox combo, and was wondering about the brass v teflon issue (would the teflon equal quieter operation?) and also if the professional filter holder of the Nemox would be better than the Lelit?

Any comments would be welcome.

I am in Adelaide and would like to get a quote for either or machine pickup or shipped to Adelaide.

Cheers.
    Burkey.

Caffeine Junky

Hi burkey, welcome to CS.

I didnt realise the Nemox & Lelit had different group handles (portafilters). Where did you see that information?

as far as I know both machines are made at the same factory and have 57mm baskets, which is not a professional size (commercial machines have 58mm baskets).

If youre interested in buying a new version of either machine, Talk Coffee (Melbourne) & Cuppacoffee (Sydney) have the Lelit. (no free plug here) in Sydney sell the Nemox but I understand they do not have stock. *You will need to contact one of these companies directly. You can get contact information from the sponsors list on the left hand side of the page.

If youre after a second hand machine, you can put a wanted ad in the Coffee Hardware for Sale section of this site.

I dont know of any stores in Adelaide that sell any versions of this machine.

Lastly, I have a Quaha Napoletana II which is yet another branded version of the same machine. Its around 5 years old but the new ones probably arent too different. If you happen to work in town youre welcome to pop into the office to have a look & enjoy a cup with me.

Hi Caffeine Junky.

Thanks for your reply, yes I think you are correct about the size of the portafilters. I have read a couple of reviews of the Nemox where it states that the solid professional brass filter holder retains the heat..

Thank you for your kind offer, I would certainly like to have a look at your Quaha, I do get into town every now and then, so let me have your number, I will give you a call.

Regards.
    Burkey

Im currently stripping down a Mokita combi super inox II to rebuild
    the boiler seems to be copper/brass as far as I can tell

...Soaked the split in 1/2 boiler in vinegar for a few days to get rid of the limescale, its gone a nice pinky fresh copper colour on the top half and more of a golden brassy colour on the bottom

its a well constructed machine for sure, smaller heater element than the Silvia but same pump and general workings

cant wait to fire this one up, the built in grinders awesome!