Thread: Rancilio Lucy or Miss Silvia

Rancilio Lucy or Miss Silvia

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Gday, Im new around here and would you like some clarification on these machines.
    Is the Lucy basically the Silvia and Rocky in one, and if so, is it simply personal preference as to which you would buy?
    Cheers, Lanx

Re: Rancilio Lucy or Miss Silvia

yeah both units built into one = Lucy

one issue might be if one unit dies you might have an issue, but they are both solid well built things, parts are not much of an issue and should be OK into the future.

IMO i would buy separate units, then if you want to upgrade the espresso machine you can keep the grinder or the other way around.

Leeham

mahleels advice is sound. The flipside is that I had a similar combo machine (the Quaha Napoletana, now known as Lelit Combi or something like that) and I specifically chose it because it was a combi unit. It was better value than buying the two pieces separately, smaller footprint, only one power cord for the two units and far neater looking than two discrete (and often aesthetically diverse) units.

Just depends whats important to you. From the factory the Lucy has traditionally been more expensive than the Silvia and Rocky separately which is ridiculous and probably explains why they didnt sell many which is why the price is high (correct, circular logic and the Lucys story probably would have been different if theyd priced it sharper) but second-hand they sometimes come at a much more reasonable price.

Greg

Gday, Cheers for the replies...
    Will go separate units unless I can get a secondhand Lucy...
    Cheers, Lanx

Caffeine Junky

I have not seen a Lucy in the flesh but from photos I find it pretty ugly compared to the individual units. Thats just me though.

On the other hand, I own a Lelit-time machine like Greg did and absolutely love it. I use it at the office and the space I have would literally not fit 2 separate units so the machine is perfect for me.