Thread: EM6910 - RIP

EM6910 - RIP

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    So, after more than 12 months on these forums, and the owner of an EM6910, Ive watched countless people post for help with dead or dying machines sunbeams...tonight I think my machines number came up.

I was doing my weekly chemical backflush this evening when I pressed the manual button to start the pump. The lights on the machine went off and I could hear a quiet eletrical sound from the back of the machine.

Turning the power off at the power point and inspecting the machine, theres no leaks, but when I turned the power back on and press the power button, no lights come on, but the group head gets very hot; hotter than normal operation.

AM, if youre reading this...HELP! I have upgrateitis anyway, so I dont want to spend any money getting the machine checked out but if its salvageable for a small fee, Id like to.

*sigh*....just roasted up two batches of coffee and have a super long weekend...lucky I pulled it all prior to SC, so syphon might be ok.

-ACog :(

Re: EM6910 - RIP

Time for an upgrade to a HX Acog

KK

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 5E5C50585856514C3F0 link=1257064857/0#0 date=1257064857
    So, after more than 12 months on these forums, and the owner of an EM6910, Ive watched countless people post for help with dead or dying machines sunbeams...tonight I think my machines number came up.

I was doing my weekly chemical backflush this evening when I pressed the manual button to start the pump. The lights on the machine went off and I could hear a quiet eletrical sound from the back of the machine.

Turning the power off at the power point and inspecting the machine, theres no leaks, but when I turned the power back on and press the power button, no lights come on, but the group head gets very hot; hotter than normal operation.

AM, if youre reading this...HELP! I have upgrateitis anyway, so I dont want to spend any money getting the machine checked out but if its salvageable for a small fee, Id like to.

*sigh*....just roasted up two batches of coffee and have a super long weekend...lucky I pulled it all prior to SC, so syphon might be ok.

-ACog *:(
    Interesting fault... Would need to look inside and take measurements etc etc....

Could be down that way for a day first week in DEC... Or if ya can send... Dont need tank / drip tray etc just the main machine and PF handel I can have a play and see what other parts I have here that might get you running...

If not... Happy to take off ya hands as a spare parts store... If any thing is worth it :-)

If I come down and it is in a nice box :-) (unmarked) then I can add my few items and have it sent up... We can not take most of our stuff on teh plane... So it it not unusual for me to have to post things back...

PM me...

Thanks AM. Depending on how things pan out, Ill take up your offer.

As an update, after leaving it unplugged for a while, it now turns on, though the group seems very very hot. Normally I can touch even the dispersion screen after making coffee, but its not too hot to touch. Ive reset back to factory defaults and will see what happens. Given the electrical sound, Im a little worried.

Any electrical burning smell?

no. No burning smell, and seems to operate ok now...though it definitely wasnt turning on earlier, even though the group head was staying hot.

Ill try and make my normal coffee tomorrow and see how we go. Ill particularly be looking out to see if the group head is hotter than normal.

My suspicion is that perhaps the backflushing caused a small leak which let water on to some electricals? Though theres no water leak visible.

Perhaps I should backflush it a little more...with a true blind filter ;D

sorry to hear it - good luck!

Whats the replacement gonna be?

Good luck Acog, just got my machine back so I feel your pain.

Thanks. Would like to get a nice blingy HX, but it kinda comes at a bad time... so splashing out isnt really convenient at the moment.

DONT USE

hi
    most likely a main board problem,

if you are interested in selling for parts, i am interested
    graham