TG... Ya know I agree with ya... But ;)
Originally Posted by 5965786369687F6A62690D0 link=1258949921/2#2 date=1258958047
For those without the background...
1: SB Box states - Commercial *Design
2: SB site states - Commercial size group head and handle
3: Manual cover states - Commercial *Design
- The Sunbeam Café Series® delivers quality, style and superior performance capturing the essence of the commercial kitchen.
- The twin pumps enables the coffee maker to deliver instant steam for texturing milk and at the same time produce a serve of espresso just like a commercial machine.
- The commercial 360° ball joint allows the steam wand to be moved into the ideal position.
- Commercial size group head
- Commercial size group handle
- True to commercial use, the unique TPTT™ System *features twin pumps and twin thermoblocks, this allows the coffee maker to texture milk and pour an espresso simultaneously.
- The Standard Filter Baskets (one and two cup) are the same specification as used with commercial espresso machines and are less tolerant to the quality of the coffee bean.
- The Anti-Calc water filter fitted inside the 3 litre water reservoir has a 12 month life for domestic use and a 3 month life for commercial use.
The Sunbeam 5 Year Pump Guarantee
The Anti-Calc water filter fitted inside the 3 litre water reservoir has a 12 month life for domestic use and a 3 month life for commercial use.
The only points that are clearly of a Commercial nature is as to;
A: The Anti Calc water filter - OEM product - thus I understand the reason.
B: *The Pump Guarantee - Again, Steam pump is a SB special and is not the same quality as the main pump - OEM.. *Thus a single statement covers them...
C: *The Standard Filter Baskets (one and two cup) are the same specification as used with commercial espresso machines
A cleaver use of the word "Commercial" from a marketing point of view..
Words and Concepts; *Of the Commercial, Like, Essence, Size etc etc
For some, this may translate to a Perception of Commercial Quality, but in reality, no where does it state that the UNIT IS (on paper)... They are thus afforded some level of protection from a legal view point..... *There are some concerns over the words that some have used on TV and other marketing methods... *However without full transcripts of the actual adds / broadcasts and the scripts... *Blame / responsibility as to what people Heard Vs Understood is yet to be proven.. *However I was reminded that people often only hear the words they want... Not always the full sentence or context *;D
Yes.... I went and saw a Contracts and Business person as extra studies to my contractors licence- And YES... *I was anal to bring this and other long running issues up with him and his partner, a little while ago... But *your post was the trigger.. *Not sure if I should thank you or NOT *;)
And please; Everyone *- DONT *SHOOT THE MESSENGER... *
If *any one has issues with what I have stated... *Go back and read it again in CONTEXT... Then take it up with your legal person and SB....
Are they any worse or better than many other equipment suppliers.. *NO, their in business to make $$$, *pay their CEO and SHAREHOLDERS (Often YOU- You do have supper dont you)... *
END OF RANT.