Thread: Breville BES860 v Sunbeam EM6910

Breville BES860 v Sunbeam EM6910

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi everyone
    I wish to purchase my first coffee machine. My husband prefers a stove top but I like my milk frothed!! I have wittled it down to the BES860 and the Sunbeam EM6910. I am totally confused!!! Any suggestions which one I should buy?

PS We already have a separate grinder that works! However I do drink decaf (get the head spins with normal) and my husband drink "normal". Look forward to your comments

Cheers
    Newie :D

A_M

Re: Breville BES860 v Sunbeam EM6910

Quote Originally Posted by 5952405E52370 link=1259665157/0#0 date=1259665157
    Hi everyone
    I wish to purchase my first coffee machine. *My husband prefers a stove top but I like my milk frothed!! I have wittled it down to the BES860 and the Sunbeam EM6910. *I am totally confused!!! Any suggestions which one I should buy?

PS We already have a separate grinder that works! *However I do drink decaf (get the head spins with normal) and my husband drink "normal". *Look forward to your comments

Cheers
    Newie :D
    Great you have a grinder all ready..

As the machines can be very picky as to matching grinders.. Could you please advise what you actualy have..

In addition... As teh beans also can cause problems for some grinders.. Where do you get ya beans from ?

Yes I have heard it is hard to match the inbuilt grinders to the coffee beans? We have a Breville Barvista (dont think it is a burr grinder?)... we get our beans from Tas Coffee Roaster in Sandy Bay. I think once we get the coffee machine my husband will start using it or he may dig his heels in!!!!

Any hints how I can move off the decaf to real coffee and not get the spins?

brett230873

Quote Originally Posted by 404B59474B2E0 link=1259665157/2#2 date=1259710308
    We have a Breville Barvista (dont think it is a burr grinder?)...
    Breville Bar Vista coffee/spice grinder is unsuitable for Espresso but there are bound to be some fantastic deals on Combo Machines from sponsors coming into the Silly Season. Just email all of them using the link at the left. There is also an excellent looking Rancilio Lucy in the FS section. These machines will take your husband longer to outgrow than a Myer/HN special, and the new ones will be backed by Sponsors after sales service. Search this forum and you wont find many if any complaints about Sponsor sold machines as opposed to a plethora of Breville/Sunbeam issues, hassles etc! You will also place your husband in a very enviable position with a European machine as opposed to an appliance... and for comparatively little extra money!

Good luck!

P.s I am not a sponsor nor am I affiliated with any sponsors, but have experienced family and friends suffering with Myer/HN coffee machines (issues, warrantees, disappointment...), and the results were so frustrating I couldnt even enjoy my smugness.

Thanks for that..I have just found out I can redeem (for free) either machine through my credit card rewards system. So maybe get one, then upgrade if we use it. My friend had the Rancilio Silvia (for the past 8 or so years) but was not that happy with it. She has just upgraded to an Expobar (with the $$$s too). I will look into the Rancilio Lucy...thanks

I have a the em6910, it a great machine to learn on as the silvia which i nearly bought, is very basic and will be good once you have more practise, i use it in manual mode and watch the gauge and the crema to see if i have my tamp and grind correct, I seem to get a consisent shot most of the time as i made a timber portafiller holder which i can really get a good tamp on. only to day i bought a breville Bararoma grinder which i have only notice on the shelves in the last couple of weeks, its range in price from 160 to 199, i pick mine up for 73 ( hence i couldnt pass up this deal to upgrade to a conical burr grinder) I notice the taste different straight away compare to something that chops the beans. I believe the whole exercise has cost me $800 which personally i dont think you can get away for any cheaper to feed our obsession, at least sunbeam now offering a free conical burr grinder with the em6910