Thread: Vibiemme Domobar Piccolo - Fails to heat up

Vibiemme Domobar Piccolo - Fails to heat up

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    CoffeeSnobs,

I am desperate for a good shot.

I have a 6 month old Vibiemme Piccolo, which I left on overnight and now everything is cold. *:-/

The power on light is active, however there is no heat through the group head.

I have done a little research, and identified that the Vibiemme Domobar Super range has a thermostat reset button, but I can not locate any similar devices on my machine. *

Any assistance with resetting the thermostat would be wonderful, or could any NSW Site Sponsors that service the Domobar drop me a message with an estimate to fix would be brilliant.

Thanks

Martin

TC

Re: Vibiemme Domobar Piccolo - Fails to heat up

Quote Originally Posted by 5E5257575A5D525F5F330 link=1260220829/0#0 date=1260220829
    CoffeeSnobs,

I have a 6 month old Vibiemme Piccolo, which I left on overnight and now everything is cold. *:-/

I have done a little research, and identified that the Vibiemme Domobar Super range has a thermostat reset button, but I can not locate any similar devices on my machine. *

Any assistance with resetting the thermostat would be wonderful, or could any NSW Site Sponsors that service the Domobar drop me a message with an estimate to fix would be brilliant.

Thanks

Martin
    Hi Martin,

You have probably cooked an element. DiBartoli (Renzo), Jetblack (Charlie), ECA (George or David) and Cuppacoffee (Dennis) should all be able to assist. Its not a cheap repair though as the boiler has to be removed. Expect $200+ I am afraid :(.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 707C797974737C71711D0 link=1260220829/0#0 date=1260220829
    CoffeeSnobs,

Thanks

Martin
    As per 2mcm..

Call one of teh people mentioned - you supplier.. You did get via a CS sponsor :D

It could be the Over Temp safety switch or a blown element.. :o

If you do have a safety switch.. Be careful that you reset it with the power off and the unit un plugged.

Then place teh covers back on and try it. If it trips and or does not work.. Then a trip to the service centre will be required.

No reset button on the Piccolo. If youve left it on for a long time especially without a full boiler then its almost certainly a blown element.

You could check the low water safety isnt on. Ensure the water tank is at least 2/3 full then give it a gentle bounce on its tray to see if the heating lamp comes on.

Otherwise, its a common problem with the Piccolo, The rule of hindsight insists that you should always recharge the boiler after every steaming, and never leave it on for more than a few hours. If yiou have to leave it on, run some water through the grouphead every hour or so to initiate the boiler fill.

yes there is no reset on the piccolo, it is a blown element, your machine is doing what mine did last year, my element blew within 4 months, however ECA did feel that the element was faulty and replaced it free of charge.

that was 12 months ago and have had no problems on leaving the machine on all day, just make sure to run water through the group head before switching off, this makes sure the boiler is full for the next time the machine is turned on.

Vibiemme Domobar Piccolo - Fails to heat up

Quote Originally Posted by maddinall View Post
    CoffeeSnobs,

Thanks

Martin
    Could someone please kindly direct me to a Victorian repairer sponsor for this very same problem stated above? From memory, there was maybe someone Coburg-ish, East Brunswick way?

Thank you in advance

P.S. I understand that I have cooked the element and that there is no simply reset that will fix this

TC
    Quote Originally Posted by artscendence View Post
    P.S. I understand that I have cooked the element and that there is no simply reset that will fix this
    We can do it.

Chris