Thread: Any Savinelli owners out there?

levercrema

Any Savinelli owners out there?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Im seriously condidering ordering a Savinelli Milano lever from Caffe Italia but would really like to see one or hear from someone who uses one of these machines. Ive seen the Elektra Leva but would like to compare - quality usability etc.

Any thoughts?

Re: Any Savinelli owners out there?

Cant you go see one in the flesh and try it?

Cant you go see one in the flesh and try it?
    Not so simple TG, I believe Savinelli(Zacconi) is only available from a online seller. OP may glean some info over on the HB Lever Forum, I think they were also sold under the Rivera brand, though I think the seals on current machines are different to the earlier Rivieras.

The Caffe Italia has an Aussie website which shows they have an office in Victoria.
    I was guessing that the OP might be considering that they could buy locally. Having had a closer look I see that you are correct and they only sell online.

Not the best option.

I suggest the OP rings the customer service number or sends an email if they really want info from that company.

Otherwise, reconsider and deal with someone where they can walk in and see and touch.

levercrema

No. Caffe Italia has no machines on display. I dont really like buying blind. Pity really...I probably would have bought one if I could have seen it first.

levercrema

Quote Originally Posted by 5A667B606A6B7C69616A0E0 link=1260663695/3#3 date=1260676287
    I was guessing that the OP might be considering that they could buy locally. Having had a closer look I see that you are correct and they only sell online.

Not the best option.

I suggest the OP rings the customer service number or sends an email if they really want info from that company.
    Forgive my ignorance but whats an OP? Just out of interest, quoted delivery time on these machines is 2 days so all the web displayed stock must be in Australia.

And it seems there is a limit of three emails before they just dont answer anymore. I cant begin to imagine how many sales theyve lost because they cant be bothered making an effort. A potential $2/$3,000 sale deserves more I would have thought.

Note that, with two exceptions most of their feedback is from the Euro and English sites.

Quote Originally Posted by 2C253625322332252D21400 link=1260663695/5#5 date=1260792003
    Forgive my ignorance but whats an OP? *
    Original Poster.