Thread: Where to buy a Rancilio Silvia in Brisbane?

Where to buy a Rancilio Silvia in Brisbane?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all. *Brand new poster, former lurker.

Im in Brisbane looking to buy a Rancilio Silvia. *Im upgrading from a 5 year old Gaggia Baby Dose which has done well over the years is due for retirement.

Just today I have decided that the Silvia is the machine for me based on my budget and reviews here and elsewhere.

I want one soonish due to my impulsive nature, but with Australia Posts current industrial action, Im not keen on mail ordering it.

I have read recommendations of Barazi in Coopers Plain, but does anyone know of anywhere else around Brisbane that carries the Silvia?

A thousand apologies if this has been asked before, and thank you in advance for any advice.

Re: Where to buy a Rancilio Silvia in Brisbane?

As you mentioned Barazi sell Silvia & Rocky

They also service them

KK

Thanks. The fact that they also service is a big attraction.

Im definitely visiting them this weekend, and theyll definitely be making a sale (I should probably play it cooler than this), unless someone suggests some competition for them ...

Quote Originally Posted by 7751424A4D4F4C4247230 link=1260934265/2#2 date=1260935419
    Im definitely visiting them this weekend,
    They are not open Sundays
    It may be prudent to call them first

KK

As long as you use a sponsor. They all provide fantastic service and advice. Good luck.

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 2425706161150 link=1260934265/4#4 date=1260945399
    As long as you use a sponsor. *They all provide fantastic service and advice. *Good luck.
    Hope you find one up north ;)

At present, there is not a one with any of the key importers and suppliers in Melbourne *:-/ Rocky doserless are the same...

I have seen that a few online suppliers are out of stock until January. If theres one in Brisbane, Ill find it. I came home and made a coffee, and lets just say the matter is becoming more pressing.

Hi everyone (first post!) just seeing if anyone knows of a Silvia retailer in Brisbane?* Id prefer to actually pick such an expensive purchase up than have it thrown around by a courier.* If nobody does sell them in Brisbane has anyone had any experience with the following online sellers?

http://coffeemachine.com.au/rancilio...1b597403091969

http://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/s...ncilio-silvia/

mod edit- non sponsor link removed

Any advice greatly appreciated.* :)

Thanks.

Bought same machine from Jetblack and had posted to Coopers Shoot (Byron Bay) Fantastic service and received in great shape by Australia Post. Very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by 764450574A4B141C121C250 link=1260934265/7#7 date=1304396093
    just seeing if anyone knows of a Silvia retailer in Brisbane?
    Hi and welcome Sauron1979,
    As mentioned in (much) earlier posts, Barazi at Coopers Plains, still sells and services (machines bought through them) the Rancilio Silvia and Rocky grinder. One of the good things about buying through them is they provide training on how to use and look after your machine, as well as local after sale service.

A friend of mine recently got his machine and grinder through them and was very happy with the service provided. I know prices have been a bit crazy on the Silvias of late, but dont forget to factor in the value of hands on training and the peace of mind of someone who can provide servicing on your machine if ever required.

Ive owned the Silvia/Rocky combo for just over a year now and still love it! All the best with whatever your decision is.

Paul

I am north of Brisbane and got a Silvia through Coffee-A-Roma. I got a Rocky from Coffee Parts.
    Both courier delivered. Good service no dramas.

Barazi at coopers plains thats where i got mine from and the Rocky as well, back up service as well and pretty keen prices
    Check them out first.

Thanks everyone. Barazi didnt list Rancilios on their website so I assumed they no longer stocked them. Ive sent a query via their contact form, just waiting to hear back on pricing and availability.

Quote Originally Posted by 497B6F6875742B232D231A0 link=1260934265/12#12 date=1304489219
    Barazi didnt list Rancilios on their website so I assumed they no longer stocked them
    Hi again Sauron,
    They also run a web site called www.coffeecentre.com.au at the same premises (same people as Barazi) where youll find the Rancilio gear listed. Check that site out for more info.

Paul