Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Would you pay this much for a Bezzera BZ99?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    106

    Would you pay this much for a Bezzera BZ99?

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi, I am looking for a new espresso machine and a friend of mine told me she has a plumbed bezzerra BZ99 that is about 4 years old and has not been used for about 2 years. It hasnt had a lot of use at all and is in excellent condition.

    Anyway, she wants $800 for it. Is this a good price? I dont know if I want to outlay that kind of money for a 2nd hand machine.

  2. #2
    TC
    TC is offline
    .
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14,665

    Re: Would you pay this much for a Bezzera BZ99?

    Quote Originally Posted by 5A425A05435F455252370 link=1264042099/0#0 date=1264042099
    Hi, I am looking for a new espresso machine and a friend of mine told me she has a plumbed bezzerra BZ99 that is about 4 years old and has not been used for about 2 years. *It hasnt had a lot of use at all and is in excellent condition. *

    Anyway, she wants $800 for it. *Is this a good price? I dont know if I want to outlay that kind of money for a 2nd hand machine.
    I would have thought that her readiness to take a 50%+ hit for a 4 year old domestic machine is pretty fair :-?. $800 wont buy a new Silvia, so I guess it comes down to what you want and how much cash you have to splash....

  3. #3
    .
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,312

    Re: Would you pay this much for a Bezzera BZ99?

    Hello mum2three, this is a no brainer.

    Same answer as 2mcm really but if I can put it another way...All you need to do is decide if that is what you want.

    If you want a BZ99 or a machine of that type then dont hesitate.

    But dont buy if that wasnt what you actually wanted....ie dont just buy it because it seems like really good value if it is not what you were after....

    Regardz,
    Attilio
    very first CS site sponsor

  4. #4
    Caffeine Junky
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,103

    Re: Would you pay this much for a Bezzera BZ99?

    Quote Originally Posted by 0D150D521408120505600 link=1264042099/0#0 date=1264042099
    Anyway, she wants $800 for it. *Is this a good price?
    If its genuinely only had 2 years of work and has been well cared for then yes its a good price.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    106

    Re: Would you pay this much for a Bezzera BZ99?

    Thanks for the replies. I currently have a Sunbeam EM6910 which needs a new group head collar and seal and dont know whether to just pay for that $250 ish or upgrade to a better machine now at a good price. We dont have money to throw away but I would hope that it would last us for many many years.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Koffee_Kosmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    5,115

    Re: Would you pay this much for a Bezzera BZ99?

    Quote Originally Posted by 6C746C337569736464010 link=1264042099/4#4 date=1264050985
    We dont have money to throw away but I would hope that it would last us for many many years.
    I have seen 15 year old BZ99s that were cared for properly still in good working condition

    KK

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8

    Re: Would you pay this much for a Bezzera BZ99?

    I have a 12 year old BZ99S and it still goes strong - its taken me a while but I am now finally thinking about the upgrade

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    675

    Re: Would you pay this much for a Bezzera BZ99?

    Barazi Bezzera Coffee Machines have a preloved 14 year old BZ99S Tank model for $800... so its not a bad price. If you bought it and looked after it, it would last years.

    You also have to consider the plumbing, that might add addtional costs, but as mentioned above you have to work out if you can afford it. Only you can decide that.

    Why not google it, read a few reviews etc etc. At least then you will know what the machine is capable of.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    106

    Re: Would you pay this much for a Bezzera BZ99?

    Thanks everyone for the replies. Well it turned out that I said Yes, Ill take the machine and took possession of it, took it straight to a repair shop only to find out it doesnt work. Motor burnt out, trips the electrical switch upon trying to turn it on and possible pump damaged as well.

    I dont think my friend was trying to rip me off but Ill be returning the machine to her ASAP. Bugger. Was really excited about the prospects and already fantasising about the wonderful coffees I would be producing......

    On the plus side, even though my kids had to endure almost 4 hours being stuck in traffic, I met a very helpful guy at Barazi and saw some other (Working) beautiful machines. If I had a spare couple of grand, Id be set. ;D

  10. #10
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: Would you pay this much for a Bezzera BZ99?

    Quote Originally Posted by 0F170F50160A100707620 link=1264042099/8#8 date=1264148678
    Thanks everyone for the replies. *Well it turned out that I said Yes, Ill take the machine and took possession of it, took it straight to a repair shop only to find out it doesnt work. *Motor burnt out, trips the electrical switch upon trying to turn it on and possible pump damaged as well.

    I dont think my friend was trying to rip me off but Ill be returning the machine to her ASAP. *Bugger. *Was really excited about the prospects and already fantasising about the wonderful coffees I would be producing......

    On the plus side, even though my kids had to endure almost 4 hours being stuck in traffic, I met a very helpful guy at Barazi and saw some other (Working) beautiful machines. *If I had a spare couple of grand, Id be set. ;D

    mum2three - Just nth of brisbane.. *

    Let ya friend know... That I could be interested... *BUT at a much reduced rate..

    Pump can be an issue, and the tripping would be the elements; which would suggest the boiler more than likely a mess in side.

    See here for a pic or two... http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1259915287/4#4- In the end it just *= Junk as other problems as well... *Pump looked OK...

    Thus... At the right price... *I would be happy to buy and collect; with a view to see what I can make of the old BZ..... Got to have old things to work on....

    I could also do ya Group Collar and Seal for a lot less than the $250 ( Note.. And fees are to cover the costs of the parts, as they were for my EM6910 rebuild - However I have my main machine and I hate to see a CS in distress), that you have been advised that it will cost. *

    PM me ASAP as teh the EM6910 repairs and if ya friend, might be willing to sell the BZ as SCRAP / Parts.








Similar Threads

  1. Bezzera BZ99 Help!
    By minvec in forum Brewing Equipment - Pointy End ($1500-$3000)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 5th July 2014, 02:02 PM
  2. BEZZERA BZ99 HELP ME PLEASE !!!!
    By coolecter in forum Brewing Equipment - Midrange ($500-$1500)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 30th November 2012, 06:12 PM
  3. Bezzera BZ99 How To Fix It?
    By philschl in forum Brewing Equipment - Pointy End ($1500-$3000)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 28th October 2011, 07:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •