Thread: Quaha/Lelit/Mokita/Nemox

Quaha/Lelit/Mokita/Nemox

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I am trying to source some spares (group seal, shower screen etc.) for a Quaha Napoletana, and am having zero luck so far. This machine seems to be well regarded amongst CS members, but not supported by any sponsors (please correct me if I am wrong ;))?

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it. Please send PM if I need to be speaking to a non-sponsor.

Cheers,
    Simon

TC

Re: Quaha/Lelit/Mokita/Nemox

Hi Stucci,

We sell the lelit combi and may be able to assist:

Dennis of cuppacoffee stocks the Lelit in Sydney and (no free plug here) sell Nemox.

Might be best to email with details ;)

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by 2F28293F3F355C0 link=1265259993/0#0 date=1265259993
    This machine seems to be well regarded amongst CS members, but not supported by any sponsors (please correct me if I am wrong
    Yes, you are wrong.

We all support the machines we sell. Some sponsors also do repairs to equipment they dont personally sell.

Ill send you a pm with the name of someone who may be able to help with your spare parts needs.

Cheers
    Den (cuppacoffee)

Thanks guys. No offense intended, just I sent a message to all sponsors on the weekend and only have one response (which was a dead end).

I have your PM Dennis, thankyou, I will follow it up.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by 60676670707A130 link=1265259993/3#3 date=1265261067
    Thanks guys. *No offense intended, just I sent a message to all sponsors on the weekend and only have one response (which was a dead end).

I have your PM Dennis, thankyou, I will follow it up.

Simon
    Yep, got your email Simon..."please supply P&A if you can supply the following...".

I couldnt so I didnt.

No offense taken. :)

An update for anyone interested; contacted the importer and was advised by email that group seals are available (to anyone), but all other spare parts are only available to customers who purchased the machine from him.

So I will have to get on the phone tomorrow and beg for him to make an exception and sell me a shower screen. Not happy, lucky this is just a project for me, not my everyday machine.

Getting back to my original statement, I am still not convinced that this machine is fully supported, unless you purchased it from the importer (who is not a site sponsor).

OK fellas, let me have it :-[

From that comment I would say you contacted the retailer in Melbourne through whom I bought my machine, not sure if he actually is the importer, I know that wasnt the case when I bought mine through him but maybe hes importing them now. Id say good luck if you can get him to bend the rules but no harm in trying. Id be quite happy to sell these sorts of parts through one of my sites if I could get a supply of them.

Quote Originally Posted by 6D6A6B7D7D771E0 link=1265259993/5#5 date=1265284092
    An update for anyone interested; contacted the importer and was advised by email that group seals are available (to anyone), but all other spare parts are only available to customers who purchased the machine from him.

I would have thought that all stocked spare parts would be available to anyone

Its not as if its a warranty claim

KK

Caffeine Junky

Quote Originally Posted by 5D5A5B4D4D472E0 link=1265259993/5#5 date=1265284092
    Thats a very strange policy. I assume were talking about Mr A.F.?

Quote Originally Posted by 7D7C76657B7E64170 link=1265259993/8#8 date=1265286156
    Thats a very strange policy
    Indeed.
    Doesnt want to make a profit from a sale?
    Curious.

I picked up the machine (2001 model) from a 2nd hand shop for a very good price, so I have no idea from where it was originally purchased. It clearly had not been cleaned recently (or maybe ever), and the only way to remove the shower screen was to sacrifice it all together, as the screw was well and truly stuck.

IMO, Gregs tip about loosening the shower screen from new should be stressed to all new owners.

No question this is a good machine, and I understand why several sponsors sell it. However I wonder how the strange spare parts policy I have so far encountered could effect the re-sale value? Its not as though this is a "throw away" machine, with care and maintenance I see no reason why it shouldnt last as long as a Silvia. That is why I just presumed that basic (consumable) parts would be readily available.

Live & learn...

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 525554424248210 link=1265259993/10#10 date=1265289601
    I picked up the machine (2001 model) from a 2nd hand shop for a very good price, so I have no idea from where it was originally purchased. *It clearly had not been cleaned recently (or maybe ever), and the only way to remove the shower screen was to sacrifice it all together, as the screw was well and truly stuck.

IMO, Gregs tip about loosening the shower screen from new should be stressed to all new owners.

No question this is a good machine, and I understand why several sponsors sell it. *However I wonder how the strange spare parts policy I have so far encountered could effect the re-sale value? *Its not as though this is a "throw away" machine, with care and maintenance I see no reason why it shouldnt last as long as a Silvia. *That is why I just presumed that basic (consumable) parts would be readily available.

Live & learn...

I am surprised... But then again not..

I am aware that a few will only service if the equipment has been purchased from them.. But will still sell user replacement parts...

Internals only to agents or other repairers due to issues with Electrical safety etc..

Must admit.. Resale value of said machine would fall if ya can not get OEM parts or others to suit..

Keep trying and best of luck...

Quote Originally Posted by 333435232329400 link=1265259993/10#10 date=1265289601
    I have no idea from where it was originally purchased.
    If you are lucky
    Get the serial number and see if it matches with a unit they or one of there distributors originally sold

KK

Perhaps I can shed a little light on this, though please understand at the outset, these are my personal opinions and those of Chris, and others who stock the Lelit may have a different outlook.

I range the Lelit because its a good quality machine, and I would like
    people to have the opportunity to make good coffee at home with something that performs well and has proven reliability.

Its not always about profits and those who try to be everything to everyone will eventually only upset themselves and others. The profit margin on the Lelit is very small. I sell the machine for $25.00 more than the importer charges. That $25 doesnt cover transport from Melbourne to Sydney, a $12.00 bag of coffee, backwash detergent, and training if required that I include with the machine price. Warranty repairs are my responsibility. If I werent entirely confident in the quality of the Lelit, I wouldnt and couldnt offer it. Ongoing sales of roasted coffee are really what its all about.

As has been pointed out, the Lelit has been around under a number of various badges, and the previous importers no longer support those machines.

The importer of the Lelit (AF) carries more than enough spare parts for the machines he sells. Hes not in the game of supplying spares for every machine thats ever been sold, and neither am I. I am able to get spare parts from him if required, and I do stock a few of the most likely spares that may be required.

That way, my customers can rest assured that they will always have priority and that there will always be sufficient parts available. That goes for any machine I range and recommend.

Hope that helps.

I spoke to the importer (AF), and he wasnt very sympathetic to my situation, fair enough. He did advise that there had been three designs for the shower screen arrangement, mine has the earliest, which is the version he never imported or sold.

He suggested I speak to another non-sponsor who was the importer at the time, who so far has not answered my calls or responded to my emails.

I plan to visit a local coffee machine seller/repairer to see if I can match up the parts with a different machine, which so far is looking positive. Otherwise I will be doing some panel beating...

I certainly wouldnt advise against buying this machine new, from a reputable retailer. However I would suggest anyone planning on purchasing one 2nd hand make sure they know what they are buying, and be sure of the condition. That goes without saying for any machine, but is a little more important in this case.

I will post any useful information I find on equivalent parts, and thanks to all those who have given their input to date.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by 4157525243414D44444747220 link=1265259993/13#13 date=1265337054
    people to have the opportunity to make good coffee at home with something that performs well and has proven reliability.

Its not always about profits
    What a great philosophy! Its wonderful to have an opportunity to conduct business with sponsors who thinks like that!

Best wishes, Russell

Quote Originally Posted by 5F585E5E484141402D0 link=1265259993/15#15 date=1265356777
    Quote Originally Posted by 4157525243414D44444747220 link=1265259993/13#13 date=1265337054

What a great philosophy! Its wonderful to have an opportunity to conduct business with sponsors who thinks like that!

Best wishes, Russell
    I think our sponsors are people pleasers, and I for one get a real boost when someone notices then takes the time to make a comment like yours.

Thankyou Russell. :)

Quote Originally Posted by 796F6A6A7B79757C7C7F7F1A0 link=1265259993/16#16 date=1265360875
    Quote Originally Posted by 5F585E5E484141402D0 link=1265259993/15#15 date=1265356777

Best wishes, Russell
    I think our sponsors are people pleasers, and I for one get a real boost when someone notices then takes the time to make a comment like yours. *

Thankyou Russell. *:)
    Anyway... back on topic, I managed to get the parts I needed from a local company in the wild, wild west. They stock spares for the Nemox Del Opera, which were identical to the items on my Napoletana (& no 3rd degree on where it was originally purchased!).

Pretty happy overall, Quaha Napoletana all up costing under $35, including machine purchase price! Finally good quality coffee at work, Breville Cafe Roma will be in the bin tomorrow :P

Quote Originally Posted by 535455434349200 link=1265259993/17#17 date=1265601559
    Pretty happy overall, Quaha Napoletana all up costing under $35, including machine purchase price!
    Id be more than happy with that!

Glad to hear it all worked out well and trust youll enjoy the machine.

Hi all,

My Nemox needs some new parts as well. Where can I get spare parts??

Anyone??

Thanks

PM sent.

Hi,
    I have a cracked grouphead shroud on a Nemox Del Opera. Where can I get a new one? Will a Lelit or other fit? What else would I need besides a new gasket?

Also, Im in the US, but have found no dependable sources for parts. If I have to order from down under so be it ... within reason.

Thanks for any help.

Get in touch with Jetblack, a LeLit unit will fit.

Just give the showerscreen and area under the gasket a good clean while youve got the shroud off, and should be fine.