Thread: Isomac Maverick vs. Silvia

Isomac Maverick vs. Silvia

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi guys,

Have been reading up on coffee machines within my budget on this website and have stumbled across what seems to be a great deal on a isomac maverick with a isomac professionale grinder for $1099 shipped. Now my question is how does the isomac compare to the silvia? I have never owned an espresso machine before and am looking to keep the budget at around $1000 or less (but might stretch for the isomac combo if you guys think its a good option. All help much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Javed

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Re: Isomac Maverick vs. Silvia

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1254211410/4

In short no, smaller boiler, no 3 way valve...........on the plus side it has stainless frame and a height adjustable drip tray! ;)

You could get a silvia and rocky combo for around your price......well close anyway, the silvia is a life long investment, (until upgraditis hits) great return on sale too, i had a 5 Year old one, still got $500 for it! It was in great nick though, send the sponsors a group email to sitesponsors@coffeesnobs.com.au, tell em what you want and sit back and watch the quotes roll in 8-)

Isomac Mini Maverick

Hi all,

First post. Been lurking for a few months.

Investigating my first machine for home. Have regular experience with a Gaggia Classic and a Sunbeam 4800 at work. Looking for something longer lasting for home.

Does anyone know much about the Isomac Mini Maverick? eg http://www.coffeecraft.com.au/itemdetailspage/12584
    Looks good but I cant find any reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by 6C684E5757524D5A553B0 link=1265684527/1#1 date=1265686359
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1254211410/4

In short no, smaller boiler, no 3 way valve...........on the plus side it has stainless frame and a height adjustable drip tray! ;)

You could get a silvia and rocky combo for around your price......well close anyway, the silvia is a life long investment, (until upgraditis hits) great return on sale too, i had a 5 Year old one, still got $500 for it! It was in great nick though, send the sponsors a group email to sitesponsors@coffeesnobs.com.au, tell em what you want and sit back and watch the quotes roll in 8-)
    Sorry to quote myself, but, it seems the Maverick has some short falls......silvia is better ;)

Caffeine Junky

Hi Remnant, I started looking into the Maverick a couple of months ago and found it very difficult to source much information on it. Its a pretty new model and according to the company based on the previous Giada model. Couldnt even found out the size of the boiler.

The guys at Coffee Craft are great so my advice is to give them a call. They also sell the Silvia so Im sure youll get non-biased information.

i did some research yesterday and i found "some" info, no idea if it is correct though, i know 9bar stocks them and prolly some other sponsors too, 150ml brass boiler, no 3 way solenoid valve, 1000w element? stainless frame adjustable height drip tray.....