Thread: Quaha/Imat/Lelit showerscreen removal

Quaha/Imat/Lelit showerscreen removal

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Anyone have any tips to remove (in my case) Quaha showerscreen? Im not talking about the screw, that unscrews fine, just cant get the screen off. Any ideas? Thanks.

Re: Quaha/Imat/Lelit showerscreen removal

Gday rhino,
    The screw is really all that is holding the shower screen on. Have you tried turning on the brew switch? Otherwise try something into the screw hole to lever it down. you are probably in for a big shock at the amount of crud up there but a bit of detergent does wonders.

Good luck,
    Thomas

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

not too sure on the lelit as far as components go, but maybe a chemical backflush? descale? then it might just fall off ;)

Ok descale I havent done yet...but will. Backflush? My understanding is that to perform the backflush, step 1 would be...remove the showerscreen, no?

Quote Originally Posted by 5D474641402F0 link=1266324238/3#3 date=1266406703
    My understanding is that to perform the backflush, step 1 would be...remove the showerscreen, no?
    No.

How old is the machine? Older models dont have a 3-way valve and cant be backflushed. Newer models you can.
    You just need a thin blade screw driver to lever it off carefully. If its stuck, I can safely say that a simple backflush wont get it clean anyway. Elbow grease will be the answer here.

The machine is series 2 with 3way valve. I have, since last posting, both descaled and backflushed. Managed to get the showerscreen off before the descale. As you described, the key was to lever it off carefully with a point. I did this very gently and it fell off, exposing the tar underneath. Now the machine is refreshed- and I must say I was very happily surprised at how much better crema I produced after the showerscreen clean. Thanks.