Thread: Bugatti Diva made by LeLit?

Bugatti Diva made by LeLit?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi everyone.

I am a proud owner of the unpopular Bugatti Diva. In my experience, it makes great espresso when done right, as with all espresso machines.

However, I am finding the steaming wand very troublesome. At first, not only was it too short to use with my standard Sunbeam-kind milk frothing jug, it steamed too fast to get adequate quality of microfoam.

I ordered a 6mm steamtip with a smaller hole designed for the La Pavoni levers to make the them steam slower. It doesnt have the exact thread that Bugatti has, so I kind of forced it in place and now it works wonderful. Makes great milk when done right.

But now there is still the problem of the shortness of the wand. I have to steam twice as much milk to adequately make good texture in the milk. I was researching more into the Bugatti Divas - someone had to make these for Bugatti. Bugatti are not known for their coffee machines; the Diva is their first and only machine. I came across well-respected brand of espresso machines from Italy called LeLit. From photos of spare parts (steam tips, wands, portafilters, filter baskets, etc) I can confirm that it is STRIKINGLY similar to fittings on my Bugatti.

Does anyone know if, for fact, LeLit makes Bugatti Divas? or at least that Bugatti uses LeLit parts? If so, I am keen on buying the longer steam wand to fit into my Bugatti Diva, and perhaps any other spare parts that I may need in the future?

I will post photos later to support my findings.

Re: Bugatti Diva made by LeLit?

I am thinking of buying a Bugatti Diva myself. Does it make good coffee? Thanks :D
    Liliana

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 2D2D242E2F3524410 link=1266340354/1#1 date=1268988771
    I am thinking of buying a Bugatti Diva myself. Does it make good coffee? Thanks :D
    Liliana
    No!

Quote Originally Posted by 616078600E0 link=1266340354/0#0 date=1266340354
    Hi everyone.

I am a proud owner of the unpopular Bugatti Diva. In my experience, it makes great espresso when done right, as with all espresso machines.
    ;)

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by 3C3D253D530 link=1266340354/0#0 date=1266340354
    Does anyone know if, for fact, LeLit makes Bugatti Divas?
    i did some poking around and couldnt find any evidence that they are made by or use lelit parts....

from a website.....

Description: The DIVA is made by a family owned company called Casa Bugatti.

Doesnt mean they wont fit though! Ya never know ;)

Is the wand is too short for the jug, or is the jug too tall for the wand?

Greg

Id say the wand is too short for the jug AND the jug is too tall for the wand greg ;D

Check out this photo, not a very well endowed wand :-[

Quote Originally Posted by 0E0A2C3535302F3837590 link=1266340354/6#6 date=1269054981
    Id say the wand is too short for the jug AND the jug is too tall for the wand greg ;D

Check out this photo, not a very endowed wand :-[
    :-[ I was actually trying to hint to the OP that swapping jugs might be a cheap and easy option.

Greg

Only mucking around greg ;)

onvn:

were you able to replace the sleeve/tip on the steam wand successfully? Do you know what size the sleeve is on the bugatti diva?

I too have this machine and am not satisfied with the ability to create microfoam with the stock steam wand and tip - specifically the froth aiding hole... I have taken off the sleeve and just using the steam wand tip "naked" its very short, but does allow for a smaller hole emitting steam into the milk and allows the milk to whirlpool a lot better than using the tip... BUT its very short of course... I am looking to replace the tip/sleeve for something longer that has a short hole for higher pressure steam and without a the froth aiding hole... any suggestions would be helpful!!

If the tip is the same as the Lelit, the thread will be 6mm fine (.75 pitch). These are not readily available here and the only way you will be able to change it is to make an extension yourself. If you can find a small quantity of 6mm stainless tube and you have the right taps and dies you might have a chance.

I am looking to make an extension for the Lelit but the only length of tube I can get locally is 6 metres (enough for about 180 extensions) so its not viable. I am still looking into it and might have a source for a shorter length of tubing. If I can source it and you can confirm the thread size, I might be able to help you out at some time in the future.

If it is achievable, I will post the info.

G.

If its the same as the Lelit thread (6x0.75) you can get an adaptor including silvia tip from Greg Pullman. http://thingscoffee.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=41&products_id=219

Cheers

andrei_bistriceanu

Hello everyone

Could you guys help me with a little problem. I came across a bugatti Diva but is missing the coffe filter (the whole handle thing) and i came across this post by searching google, can someone tell me the size of one ? Thanks

If possible, can you post your images soon? I recently bought a Bugatti diva with the hopes of modding it to improve its performance and I would really appreciate any ways to improve the steam wand, which is too short and is not very good for making micro foam. Also, if the LeLit steam wand fits, could you please identify as to which model you used.

P.S: I agree that the Diva can actually make very good espresso if used correctly. I have made many shots since my purchase, and after only minor alterations to the seal and coffee grind, every shot had great crema.