Thread: Rancilio Miss Lucy

Rancilio Miss Lucy

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Ive been using my Miss Lucy for about nine years. It has been very reliable and consistently produced quality coffee.

The Lucy has an inbuilt Rocky grinder - whether this configuration is better or worse than a separate grinder is debatable. It looks very attractive in the one package (around 22 kg).

I probably dont adjust my grind as much as I should, sometimes the extraction is too fast.

Steaming on the Lucy is very good - it reaches the right temperature relatively quickly. I think the Lucy can reach espresso temperature more quickly from a cold start than many of the more expensive models.

If I were buying again, Id get a separate grinder - because Im thinking of upgrading (see my separate post) I now need to buy a new grinder as well as the new machine. But then again, perhaps the Rocky would be insufficient for an E61 machine?

Do you think I should keep the Lucy as a second (perhaps work) machine, or sell?

Re: Rancilio Miss Lucy

Depends on your work environment, do you work alone or in a big office/workshop. *Ive read plenty of posts about Silvia/Lucy style machine in a work environment and you only need one person to forget to refil the boiler and your up for a new boiler. *Not cheap!

Probably with the cash you would get from Lucys sale you could buy a new grinder and make another CSer very happy. *Im thinking of doing this when I upgrade... or if I can get the San Marino finished and reliable. :)