Thread: Can anyone take a picture of their Mokita machine for me?

Can anyone take a picture of their Mokita machine for me?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

I bought a Mokita Super Inox (Lelit/Quaha/Imat) six years ago and have been happy with it ever since. Unfortunately, six years of keeping the stainless steel polished has taken its toll on the control labels printed on the front.

Im trying to get a vinyl decal printed to stick on the front but I cant find good imagery of what it needs to look like.

Is there anyone out there who has this or a similar machine who could take a hires photo front on and post it here or send it to me?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Re: Can anyone take a picture of their Mokita machine for me?

I searched around in my records Ben but this is the only image of the front of my Mokita I can find (sold a few years ago)... Hope its helpful

Cheers,
    Mal.

Ive got a Quaha Napolitana II hopefully turning up this week (thanks CJ!), so if you can wait that long, Ill take a good clear photo of the front of it when it arrives.

Cheers
    Di

Thanks Mal, the logo is pretty clear, even if the controls are a bit hard to see.

Di, if you could send a pic when you get your machine, that would be fantastic.

Thanks!

PS Mal, were you happy with he PID? Ive been reading up on them a bit recently, but not sure if it was worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by 3431233825343324313324560 link=1269150775/3#3 date=1269254705
    PS Mal, were you happy with he PID? *Ive been reading up on them a bit recently, but not sure if it was worth the effort.
    Hi again Ben....

Yes mate, it is absolutely worth it and because of a simpler Boiler/Group design, a Mokita/Nemox/Quaha style of machine operates with a PID Controller even more responsively than a Silvia. It just makes brewing and steaming so much easier than a standard unit.

Basically, after switching on, its only a half hour wait for everything to be up to temperature and a simple walk-up, grind>dose>tamp>lock-in and hit the Brew Switch. Perfect coffee every time. It also improves the quality and quantity of the steam too. By just raising the Setpoint to ~125C, waiting for a couple of minutes until the Boiler Temperature has caught up, you can create perfect micro-foam at the drop of a hat - Its that easy.... ;)

Return the Setpoint back to the normal Brew temperature, open the Steam Valve and prime the Boiler and youre ready to pull more shots in very short order. Im sure if you want to head down this path, Jim from PID Kits would be able to help you sort out what you need as the requirements are more or less the same as that required for a Silvia. In fact, Jim has Kits that give you the option of simply switching from Brew to Steam rather than having to manually alter the Setpoint every time and I know that some fellow CSers have gone with this option.

A very worthwhile option in my opinion.... 8-)

Mal.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by 7570627964757265707265170 link=1269150775/3#3 date=1269254705
    PS Mal, were you happy with he PID?Ive been reading up on them a bit recently, but not sure if it was worth the effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by 537E7A767B170 link=1269150775/4#4 date=1269269053
    Yes mate, it is absolutely worth it
    I installed a PID in my silvia and it is worth twice its weight in gold! for all the reasons mal mentioned and you can play with brew temps too, a coffee pulled at 91C will taste different to one pulled at 92C Its great fun!!!!!!

Best of luck

PS, PIDkits is the way to go, he produces the best kits available in the world! no joke.....ive done my research! ::)

Thanks for the feedback. Ive read on a few sites that people are complaining that the older Lelit machines have the pressure set too high. Is that your experience?

Thanks,

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by 4247554E53424552474552200 link=1269150775/6#6 date=1270444147
    Thanks for the feedback. *Ive read on a few sites that people are complaining that the older Lelit machines have the pressure set too high. *Is that your experience?

Thanks,

Ben
    No mate, not on mine.....

As it happens, it was set too low but a simple matter to adjust up to where it was supposed to be. Unlike early Silvias et al, this machine uses a fully adjustable OPV and its a piece of cake to set up...

Mal.

Quote Originally Posted by 614C484449250 link=1269150775/7#7 date=1270450769
    As it happens, it was set too low but a simple matter to adjust up to where it was supposed to be. Unlike early Silvias et al, this machine uses a fully adjustable OPV and its a piece of cake to set up...
    How can I tell if mine is adjustable? *And whats the best way to test the pressure?

Thanks,

Ben

The OPV on these is usually found attached to an adapter immediately off the discharge end of the pump and it is also made of brass. It has a grub screw under spring compression, to adjust the pressure at which the valve starts to allow water to bypass back to the water reservoir. Screw the grub screw in to increase brew pressure and the opposite to reduce...

If you do a site search with the key words "adjust the OPV" or similar, this will turn up a wealth of info on how to obtain a rough appropriate setting. The only way to do this properly though, is to use a Group Handle Gauge to ensure an accurate setting. If you contact Greg Pullman, you might be able to join in on the rental with the current group of CSers....

When you do the Search, ensure you have the Period set to 6-12 months or more as the default setting is for a single week.... ;)

Cheers,
    Mal.