Thread: Lelit PL042 - Where to buy in WA?

Lelit PL042 - Where to buy in WA?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Ive been having a great time today looking through all the suggestions on the CS site. *The Lelit PL042 is the machine for me! *I like the internal grinder and the sleek body. *Only problem is I cant find a stockist in WA where I can try out the machine. *Any suggestions on who may sell these machines over here in Perth? *Thanks! *::)

Re: Lelit PL042 - Where to buy in WA?

Hi KLK and welcome to CS!

No one sells the Lelit in Perth. The closest Sponsor to you that sells them is Chris from Talk Coffee (Melbourne). I dont think freight would be a deal breaker.

Cheers!

Thanks Dennis!

Im so eager to purchase after researching yesterday. Now Im wondering should I just go with the Rancilio Silvia and Rocky as I can get that today from a local shop. Is the Lelit going to provide me with any extra benefits (apart from the internal grinder)? I notice that people seem to be getting a PID installed on their Rancilio but this doesnt appear to be an issue with the Lelit.

Help!!! :D

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 75755750593E0 link=1270212866/2#2 date=1270248217
    Thanks Dennis!

Im so eager to purchase after researching yesterday. *Now Im wondering should I just go with the Rancilio Silvia and Rocky as I can get that today from a local shop. *Is the Lelit going to provide me with any extra benefits (apart from the internal grinder)? *I notice that people seem to be getting a PID installed on their Rancilio but this doesnt appear to be an issue with the Lelit.

Help!!! *:D
    Just my two cents worth..

Go the Lelit... Some savings in initial costs... Coffee in the cup will be on par..

This will allow you to build you experience and understanding.. Then when you come to upgrade ;) you will be better placed to know what Machine and what grinder.

As to the Silvia and Rocky - For many it has been a solid unit. As to being user friendly and being able to pull more that 4 shots for a dinner... It does take some extra work on your part.

If you go to upgrade... Your going to want a NEW machine and a NEW grinder any way. So from an upgrade point... Neither system has significant pluses.

If you can buy a Silvia/Rocky combo and are happy with the price and support offered, then go ahead. While I think the Lelit will produce just as good a coffee, the Silvia is undoubtedly of heavier, more solid construction. There is also benefit in having a separate grinder.

Temperature surfing is a requirement for both the Lelit or Silvia, though I dont think its as difficult as some may consider.

I guess what Im saying is that if I had under $1k Id buy the Lelit, and if my budget could stretch to the Silvia/Rocky combo, Id go with that.

Dont undervalue the support offered by Sponsors.

If you can resist the buy it now urge, you can also keep an eye on the hardware for sale threads. There are some genuine bargains to be had there from time to time.

Cheers
    Den (Cuppacoffee)

I LOVE this forum! Everyone is so happy to share their knowledge - THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by 2A2A080F06610 link=1270212866/5#5 date=1270249766
    I LOVE this forum! *Everyone is so happy to share their knowledge - THANK YOU! *
    You dont get off that easily!

Once youve decided what to buy, we all expect pictures of your set up and comments on your experiences.

Have fun and a Happy Easter! :)

He, he. Its a deal!! I plan to order from Chris at Talk Coffee. When it arrives, Ill happily post some pictures of my experiments. No doubt there will be a few "failures" to start with!!