Thread: Buzzing Noise in Sunbeam Cafe Series Machine, Ideas Please!

Buzzing Noise in Sunbeam Cafe Series Machine, Ideas Please!

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All

Just recently got my hands on a Sunbeam Cafe Series Machine. Few problems that came with it.

1. When the machine has heated to a certain temperature the machine starts making this Loud Buzzing Noise, and doesnt stop until the machine is turned off.

2. It appears the steam nozzle doesnt work, although the other nozzle works.

3. The Temperature gauge doesnt seem to be working either.

The Group Head works, when the buttons are pressed, hot water comes out for a certain amount of time. All the lights work, its just the buzzing which occassionaly gets quieter and sounds like its heating up, but it comes back again

So what could this problem be? Im not interested sending it to Sunbeam, as I have heard some nasty stories about the outcome of their first/ second machine. I would enjoy having ago at fixing it myself as I have nothing too loose really.

Thanks in Advance :-)

Re: Buzzing Noise in Sunbeam Cafe Series Machine, Ideas Please!

Bees would be my guess but thats just my sense of humour ::)

AM will know and will advise soon

KK

A_M

Which model EM ??????

If EM6910... Sounds like any number of issues...

Some of which may be normal and others not.

New or second hand ?

If new... Return it

If second-hand ..... See if ya can return it

What basket and what coffee were you trying to use ?

What temp gauge... * The EM series usually do not have a temp gauge.

No steam points to a number of problems and if it is a used EM6910.. *Then it may only be good for a few parts...

Where are you located.

Quote Originally Posted by 5F7B727271714B5F7B67797B140 link=1273496506/1#1 date=1273497986
    Bees would be my guess but thats just my sense of humour * ::)

AM will know and will advise soon

KK
    Thats the sound of the postman bring me another totaly dead machine ;D ;D ;D

Geez I am smart, after playing around with the machine and using lots of water which was collected in the drip tray, stupid me went to check the the serial number was on the bottom of the machine thus creating lots of mess, with all the liquids coming out of the tray onto the counter, how smart of me. After all that mess I cant seem to find any indication what series it is, the machine is The Cafe Series one and is Red, if thats an help?!

The machine is second hand, and was given to me, so havent spent any money on it........yet!

I apologise, after reading many more posts on this popular Coffee Machine (unfortunately not for the best of things), I take back what I said about the temperature gauge, I now know that its just an indicator on pressure.

Everythink is working other then the Steam Wand and That Buzzing Noise (have checked for bees and can rule them out). The Group Head is pulling water freely and is nice and hot as too is the Steam nozzle.

Any Ideas?

I am Located in Albury/ Wodonga (3hrs from Melbourne)

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 5946475A474B161E1E1E6E46415A434F47422E0 link=1273496506/3#3 date=1273501250
    Geez I am smart, after playing around with the machine and using lots of water which was collected in the drip tray, stupid me went to check the the serial number was on the bottom of the machine thus creating lots of mess, with all the liquids coming out of the tray onto the counter, how smart of me. After all that mess I cant seem to find any indication what series it is, the machine is The Cafe Series one and is Red, if thats an help?!

The machine is second hand, and was given to me, so havent spent any money on it........yet!

I apologise, after reading many more posts on this popular Coffee Machine (unfortunately not for the best of things), I take back what I said about the temperature gauge, I now know that its just an indicator on pressure.

Everythink is working other then the Steam Wand and That Buzzing Noise (have checked for bees and can rule them out). The Group Head is pulling water freely and is nice and hot as too is the Steam nozzle.

Any Ideas?
    RED and the description suggests EM6910R...

SN is on the back and inside. Visible once ya open the back door and look at the label on the lower r/h side.

Also check out the the 3 digits stamped into the label and report back.

In addition on the back there is usually the model impressed into the SS.

Go to the Sunbeam home page and download and read the User manual.

A: If teh steam pump is working, but little of no steam / just dribbles.... Then scale / dirt / coffee fines in teh system

B: If it has been sitting for a while before you got it... Also suggests scale / crap in teh system.

IF and ONLY if that is teh case...

Then do some searching and reading on CS (advanced function) and look at the posts as to running a descaler through the steam wand.... Some say vinegar will work... I use a commercial product.

Ya may need to do it 2 or 3 times depending on what is caught and how much...

Note: All care no responsibility.

If nothing else, the Sunbeam website has a product selector gallery which should let you identify the model of the machine.

It does SOUND like the EM6910R but confirmation would make things a lot easier.

Alright after pulling apart the back and trying to listen and locate exactly where the noise was coming through, I noticed water was leaking out of one of the PVC pipes. So I pulled the circuit board out to gain access to the pipe, cut the split end off and reatached the pipe, I was then thinking I was onto a good thing, and just to be on the safe side I descaled the machine and performed a chemical backflush, Im happy to say everythink appears to be working fine now, just need to grab some coffee, grind it up and see how it goes pulling a few shots.

Thanks for the advice.