Thread: EM 6910 - tear down guide ?

EM 6910 - tear down guide ?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Has anyone put together a tear down guide for the 6910 ?

If so - would appreciate a link.

Thanks.

A_M

Re: EM 6910 - tear down guide ?

NO...

Matrix and myself have posted plenty and there is a pdf or two as to how to pull apart.. Some are error prone due to different models and revisions...

Been posted plenty of times..

I could revisit it and do a step by step process in consultation with Matrix and a few others... Have do a lot with an off line person recently..

But.. Is it worth it ?? Browney points - Na Thanks - Na Getting flack because not 100% correct - No thanks.

Fresh beans / DOSE correctly and Follow teh manual..... And some comon sense..

Besides.. Do up a document... Make it a sticky and most will not be able to find any way...

I have a copy of a leaked SERVICE manual.. Guess what... More posted on CS ;D

NOTE: All through teh service manual..

ELECTRICAL WARNINGS

AND

EST MUST BE PERFORMED AND RESULTS RECORDED... Prior two switching on and returning to use/client..

A_M

Got ya PM...

Started to look but there is so much that can be said Vs what may be needed to know..

Then there is the issue of some have the skill sets and some dont; but think they do. Then again; they dont know what they dont know; if ya know ;)

Tools... Selection of philips / torx / flat and selection of open ended spanners and a med adjustable wrench. Dont forget a file, wet and dry (400, 600 and 1200), tube spanner and a stubby philips as well as super extended.

Cleaner, 50ml syringe and a compressor.. A selection of containers to put ya screws into.

1: Power off and remove the plug from teh wall.. Wrap in tape or something to ensure you dont make a mistake..

2: Empty the water container and leave it out - Remove teh filter and put into Salt water to soak.

3: Remove drip tray and clean - Leave with Water container

4: Open and remove rear SS door / cover (Screw into container)

5: Remove all screws holding teh rear R/H side cover (put in container)

6: Remove both hidden torx screws.. If ya dont know or cant find in 30 seconds... (not same on 6900)

DO NOT GO ANY FURTHER...

7: Remove two screws and the R/H SS side panel (if 6910)

8: Stand in front of the machine and Just grasp the knobs one at a time and pull straight off to the side.

9: Small x driver and undo the small screw in the end and remove the knob switching unit - put away carefully ;)

10: Depending on if ya a 6910 or 6900 any number of ways to free the top to allow you to lift it up at a later date. Work it out !!!!

11: Undo the 4 Philips heads and when liftng be careful with the two sets of connectors / wires to teh key pad.

From here on in it is a matter of what do you intend to screw up..

Note: Depending on if it is a 6900 or 6910.. One does not need to remove the lid at all - except for collar replacement on teh 6910.

Steam Mod (Only available on AM69AMB units)

Steam clean - Vacuum / Syringe / Cleaning fluid

Valve clean - Strip and soak

Group Collar replacement - No pipes to work on.. just 4 little screw to allow you to tilt and get access... 10min to replace a collar at this stage.

Board replacement - Required new connectors, special clamp and heavy duty side cutters.

Blown Triac.. Only need to flip the board.. 10 min to replace and refit.

Note:

Re assembly is the reverse of what you have done with teh addition of Electrical checks at different stages.. Nothing worse than a simple mistake and not finding out until teh end ;D ;D ;D ;D

Have I identified every step NO.. If ya can not follow it; then you should not be doing any mechanical dissemble under any conditions... Have i detailed how to clean, polish, inspect valves and what to look for NO..

PS. If like others ya break a pipe / connect it wrong / cant work it out / Blow it up OR ya self... Dont bother with PMs or a spack attack...

A_M

A couple of pics in series to show you the total progress..

Needless to say... Depending on what you need .. It can be more or less.

PS. Any experienced people will spot a very glaring missmatch ;D :D ::)

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by 79565F5D4A755956595F5D555D564C380 link=1276489411/3#3 date=1276590641
    PS. Any experienced people will spot a very glaring missmatchGrin Cheesy Roll Eyes
    got me stuffed, give us a clue?

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 666A797F7962730B0 link=1276489411/5#5 date=1276602514
    Quote Originally Posted by 79565F5D4A755956595F5D555D564C380 link=1276489411/3#3 date=1276590641
    PS. Any experienced people will spot a very glaring missmatchGrin Cheesy Roll Eyes
    got me stuffed, give us a clue?
    Jessss That did not take ya long..

1: Pic one is significantly different in a big way...

2: Pics 2,3, 4 and 5 are not all teh same machine...

If you have pulled a few down... The part that is missing in pic 2 will tell you why pic 1 is so different ;D

Am is Anal and an A hole ;)

Thanks to AM, problem has been solved.

There was some crap dislodged from the recent descale which had lodged itself somewhere between the group head exit hole, and the 3 way valve (solenoid). I removed the 3 way from the copper pipe leading back to the group head. After checking that the three way, solenoid and waste were clear, I then attached some silicon tubing to the pipe heading back to the group head, and with a compressor blew the offending piece out. It went "pop" as it exited. Never did see what it was, but it sure blocked up the head.

Gauge and release working again. Just enjoying my first coffee with fixed machine. (Have also run a dose of caffetto through the head).

Not for the faint hearted, or mechanically inept, but a very simple fix for what would otherwise have been a new machine (wouldnt have bothered getting a 3 year old 6910 repaired).

Thanks again to AM - hes a dead set legend.

Paul

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 38343D3D3E3E0433343639293E5B0 link=1276489411/7#7 date=1276670380
    Thanks to AM, problem has been solved.

There was some crap dislodged from the recent descale which had lodged itself somewhere between the group head exit hole, and the 3 way valve (solenoid). I removed the 3 way from the copper pipe leading back to the group head. After checking that the three way, solenoid and waste were clear, I then attached some silicon tubing to the pipe heading back to the group head, and with a compressor blew the offending piece out. It went "pop" as it exited. Never did see what it was, but it sure blocked up the head.

Gauge and release working again. Just enjoying my first coffee with fixed machine. (Have also run a dose of caffetto through the head).

Not for the faint hearted, or mechanically inept, but a very simple fix for what would otherwise have been a new machine (wouldnt have bothered getting a 3 year old 6910 repaired).

Thanks again to AM - *hes a dead set legend.

Paul
    No problem..

PS. He tells it very clean and sedate.. The PMs were much more fun..

Edited caus I can ;D

[edit]"Pop" shes clear.

Connected compressor to rubber tube. No luck >:(

Used footy valve up hole as you hinted at.... Some success :-? :-? :-?

Repeated step one, and Pop! Something flew across the shed (probably calcium coated coffee grind) and punched hole in tin sheeting.

Mate - youre blood should be drained and put in a bottle.

Now off to doctors myself....Ears are still ringing from all the Warnings and crap ya given me over the phone ::) ::)

Will put it back together on my return 8-)
    [/edit]

Careful mate, two can play at that game ;)

Pants dry yet ?

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 2A262F2F2C2C162126242B3B2C490 link=1276489411/9#9 date=1276671853
    Careful mate, two can play at that game ;)

Pants dry yet ?

Thanks... Still on teh line... Must go get...

Used the dirty paper/cleaning cloths to pack Gregs gauge and sent it via Aus Post to SA..

They can toughen up ;)

pic 2, steam wand looks a little different? Otherwise, clues no help.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 474B585E5843522A0 link=1276489411/11#11 date=1276679176
    pic 2, steam wand looks a little different? Otherwise, clues no help.

The two main issues are that the 6910 has separate SS side panels..

AND

That the steam and hot water guides on teh side can be removed... On the 6900 they are part of teh moulded lid... So you have to totally remove teh inner spindle to be able to lift and remove teh top...

Double Dutch to some.. But to those that have worked on them... It will make sense.

Thus teh top PIc is of an EM6910 and teh rest are of 3 different EM6900 units.

righteyo, got me there. Never seen a 6900, but now I know. ::)

I own an EM6900 and the steam side is blocked. It occurred after I descaled the machine.

I need to dismantle the machine to gain access to the steam pump and lines to see where the blockage is. I have managed to remove the top but I cannot for the life of me work out how to remove the side panels and front panel which is in one piece. Can anyone help? Thanks.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 0C392E2C14032A3E2C232E324B0 link=1276489411/14#14 date=1277451663
    I own an EM6900 and the steam side is blocked. It occurred after I descaled the machine.

I need to dismantle the machine to gain access to the steam pump and lines to see where the blockage is. I have managed to remove the top but I cannot for the life of me work out how to remove the side panels and front panel which is in one piece. *

Can anyone help? Thanks.
    That will not help..

And if ya do get it off, ya will never get it back... Trust me..

1: So how often have you de scaled ?

2: What ya location

3: What sort of water

4: How often did ya change teh filter

5: What de scaling stuff did ya use

6: When did you last clean and remover teh two shower screens and teh seal ?