Thread: About to purchase Gaggia Classic Display Model What should i look for?

About to purchase Gaggia Classic Display Model What should i look for?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hey all, i decided to finally pull the plug and invest $500 into buying a Gaggia Classic as compared to the lower / cheaper end machines. However i am buying a display model and i am wondering what i should look for?

The salesperson tells me it will come with only the machine itself (no box and whatever is on the shelf) so it should come with at least 1 filter intact and the PF. What am i missing out on and where could i source them? Also would you recommend any mods to this machine?

Thankyou All!

Re: About to purchase Gaggia Classic Display Model What should i look for?

Hi,

I brought my classic as a display unit. *I have been pretty happy with it. *Just have to check that there are no obvious dents, cracks or damages to the group head, PF, filters, reservoir, drip tray and outlet pipe. *

After I set up my machine, I realised that the front two rubber legs were missing. *I email them and they sent me the parts which I replaced easily. *Other then that, no dramas.

Just made sure that they have a return policy in case it is not working well when you set it up at home. *The unit should still come with the standard 1 year warranty.

With regards to mod, if you do a search "gaggia mod" and set the post duration to a year or all post, you should see a number of posts suggesting different mod, particularly steam wand and OPV.

I hope this is of help. *:) *Enjoy your machine.

You may know this already, do get a good grinder (lots of suggestion here) and fresh beans.

PM me if necesary.

Looking at that budget for another $99 you can buy a NEW Nemox Cafe Venice. If you ask around can probably get one for the same money as the Gaggia you are looking at off a sponsor. Very close to a slivia in performance. With a Brass boiler instead of the dinky aluminium one in the Gaggia.

The $99 is more than worth it. ;)

check out Hardware for Sale now!! Gaggia for sale.... remember a good grinder too.