Thread: Rancilio no hot water

Rancilio no hot water

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong place. Does anyone have a quick tip on this one or is it off to the repair shop? Rancilio Sylvia, one year old, no hot water this morning. :-[

A_M

Re: Rancilio no hot water

Quote Originally Posted by 557970707F73787224160 link=1298156824/0#0 date=1298156824
    Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong place. Does anyone have a quick tip on this one or is it off to the repair shop? Rancilio Sylvia, one year old, no hot water this morning.* :-[
    If you do a search on CoffeeSnobs OR look in the topic headers and you will see a number of posts on this problem. It sounds like the Boiler thermostat may need to be reset OR you have blown the element...

OK Ive had a bit of a look on the forums and tried the thermostat switch thing (how can you tell when its pushed in?..). Sadly still not working so I think its a worse problem with the boiler. The big light at the front is on but no heating.We almost never use the steam wand because we rarely make milk coffees, and have always kept the reservoir full, so I dont know what could have happened :o(. BTW Im a newbie in posting but my entire coffee life (Rancilio, coffeesnobs green beans and Nemox grinder) is thanks to these forums and you guys. So thanks! Can anyone suggest repair place Eastern suburbs Sydney? And any idea of fixing costs?

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by 755950505F53585204360 link=1298156824/2#2 date=1298161749
    OK Ive had a bit of a look on the forums and tried the thermostat switch thing (how can you tell when its pushed in?..). Sadly still not working so I think its a worse problem with the boiler. The big light at the front is on but no heating.We almost never use the steam wand because we rarely make milk coffees, and have always kept the reservoir full, so I dont know what could have happened :o(. BTW Im a newbie in posting but my entire coffee life (Rancilio, coffeesnobs green beans and Nemox grinder) is thanks to these forums and you guys. So thanks! Can anyone suggest repair place Eastern suburbs Sydney?* And any idea of fixing costs?
    Try a couple of teh sponsors over there to the left...

Jetblack and Di Bartoli do your system... As to repairs, it comes down to teh cost of parts and what is wrong...

Give them a cal as they will be better placed as to what you may be up for.

Rancillio sylvia, element replaced at 14 months and now 11 months on the element has gone again. i have been filling the boiler after each shot or steam by running water through. What have i done or is this to be expected- surely not. If so the rancillio is an overpriced bit of kit sold as a quality item.

Should the repairer replace this as it is less than 12 months?

To add to my post, recommendations for repairers in perth northern suburbs. used vcm in osb pk last time and they were very slow.