Thread: Brasilia Action Lady

Brasilia Action Lady

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi there Folks,

Today I picked up a Brasilia Action Lady for nicks, nada, zip. 1998 model. It has done very little work, by very little, I mean sweet Fanny Adams.

There is a catch or two. No steam wand, no filter holder or filters. Plus the big one, the pump wont shut off.

I powered it up, filled resevoir with water, pressed on/off, pump pulled well, heated up well, water wand and group worked well. just wouldnt stop pumping, and little black box thats usually fitted under got a real hotspot in the short run I did.

So I shut it down and consulted the interwebs and now I writing this to all of you. see pics attached, sorry for crappy phone quality, blame Samsung!

SO if anyone is feeeling generous and wants to send over a steam wand, and maybe a single and/or double filter, filter holder even if the handle is Kaput.

Cheers

Nashy

Re: Brasilia Action Lady

hmmm i think the action lady never had a steam wand, and looks to have a secondary boiler in yours to power the steam ??

had a auto milk steaming thing instead ?

very interesting

here is the internals of a "standard lady"
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1195559255

Thanks Maheel,

Upon dismantling the control box, there appears to be water damage to the coil? inside. small amount of rust in there too.

Hard to continue with this, being incomplete, havne checked to see if it will pull a shot without a POD. (may have been converted) also no manual steam. Buying a parts machine maybe the option.

Cheers
    Nashy

Quote Originally Posted by 6B44564D5C250 link=1299499384/2#2 date=1299584720
    Thanks Maheel,

Upon dismantling the control box, there appears to be water damage to the coil? inside. small amount of rust in there too.

Hard to continue with this, being incomplete, havne checked to see if it will pull a shot without a POD. (may have been converted) also no manual steam. Buying a parts machine maybe the option.

Cheers
    Nashy
    sounds like you already have the parts machine* ;D

^^^ hahahaha nice one ;)

I did have that fleeting thought. just that the machine has probably pulled two coffees and went back for warranty repair. I dont even know if it will be any better than my trusty Sunbeam whosiwhatsit. finally getting a nice flavour for my fine pallette.

Its not like I need any more projects. brasilia cappuccino cy/p for work, old atomica espresso, 1975 BMW R75/6, 60s yankee beach cruiser bicycle, 1962 VBB vespa, landscaping for a new house. 16 month old + one on the way. ::)

SO where was that other Lady for sale......