Thread: Sexy Coffee machine wanted !

Sexy Coffee machine wanted !

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All,

Im new here and have been drinking coffee for a long time and have always enjoyed searching for the right coffee..

My fav coffee shop at the moment is Mecca and I mainly drink a piccolo, short black or long black.* Im now looking to start making coffee at home after many years...

I have one small problem the boss (wife) wants a good looking coffee machine.* My budget is from $500 to $1500 and the only preq from here is it looks nice in the kitchen, she wants to stay away from stainless steel as much as possible or have very little of it on the machine.

Could anyone recommend a good machine that also looks good on the eye as well?

I have searched high and low and not able to find one that meets her requirements.

Any help would be great…* ;)

Re: Sexy Coffee machine wanted !

Quote Originally Posted by 6F404156250 link=1310855295/0#0 date=1310855295
    she wants to stay away from stainless steel as much as possible or have very little of it on the machine.
    Stainless steel is what makes them look good!

If you dont want stainless, but a good quality in that bracket, your best bet would be the Nuovo Simonelli Oscar. A great machine....but imo very ugly.

You could also go the Breville dual boiler (BES 900) but they are mainly metal, and quite large (as well as not actually released yet).

Additionally, what grinder would you be looking to pair with it? (More important than the machine if you want good coffee).

Quote Originally Posted by 5E41435940554243542C0 link=1310855295/1#1 date=1310856068
    Additionally, what grinder would you be looking to pair with it?
    Thank you for your feedback, yes I agree the stainless looks very nice on a coffee machine!

Funny enough I know she might like the Nuovo Simonelli Oscar... I will run this past her...

As for the Coffee grinder I had not started to explore this yet... but after your comments I think I will start my research on this now since its a big part of the processes...

Any recommendations ?

The
    NS Grinta comes in matching colours but there are better grinders for the price, may be able to a deal together though, contact a local sponser

Breville smart grinder with Nuovo Simonelli Oscar would come in under the maximum budget.

If you wanted to stretch though, I think the Mahlkonig Vario would be a great pairing with the Nuovo in black (purely on aesthetics).

Just an aside....for the drinks you have (ie little to no milk), something like the Lelit PID or Silvia with PID would be a better option, and cheaper, but probably wouldnt meet the wife approval.

Quote Originally Posted by 726D6F756C796E6F78000 link=1310855295/4#4 date=1310863214
    Just an aside....for the drinks you have (ie little to no milk), something like the Lelit PID or Silvia with PID would be a better option, and cheaper, but probably wouldnt meet the wife approval.
    In fact might even get better coffee from a different brew method such as pour over or syphon and then nothing on show

I think you need to work on her aversion to stainless steal

Have you seen Welshmans Izzo Duetto MK2

with the wood work try telling me that is not beautiful

Check out the link to it
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?action=downloadfile;file=Pimped_Duetto_017 _paint.jpg

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 47510D420D490D534A404846514A4D44230 link=1310855295/6#6 date=1310864343
    Check out the link to it
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?action=downloadfile;file=Pimped_Duetto_017 _paint.jpg
    Nowhere near his budget Doc :-?

Quote Originally Posted by 4B646572010 link=1310855295/0#0 date=1310855295
    Any help would be great…
    If you want to try the Breville Dual Boiler and see if it is sexy enough for your kitchen, go to The Rocks in Sydney on Sunday 31 for the Aroma Festival. Breville will have the BDB behind the Overseas terminal behind Wildfire and the Cruise Bar.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by 586D6067534F636A6A69690C0 link=1310855295/7#7 date=1310866222
    Nowhere near his budget Doc*
    Oh I know that, the wood work alone nearly reaches the bottom end of the budget, but is an example of how sexy SS can be [smiley=kiss.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by 042B2A3D4E0 link=1310855295/0#0 date=1310855295
    I have one small problem the boss (wife) wants a good looking coffee machine. My budget is from $500 to $1500 and the only preq from here is it looks nice in the kitchen, she wants to stay away from stainless steel as much as possible or have very little of it on the machine.

I am on my third and final wife. The other two didnt like stainless steel either ;)

G.

You either want a good coffee machine, or a sexy looking coffee machine. I am afraid you dont always get both together.

The coffee is more important than the look, although looks do play an important role in a ladies kitchen where she has to live with it long term.

There are enough examples of coffee machines designed around looks, that are far more expensive than they should be, are more difficult to work on in service due to their fancy pants designs, where spares cost the earth, and that just arent as good a coffee machine as they are an ornament.

My bias, in an unusual art deco (sexy???) looking, but excellent little semi commercial HX coffee machine, that costs no more than competing but plain stainless steel looking semi commercials, is to look at one of our Unico Splendor Maxis. But.....you might hate it*as there is no accounting for peoples tastes* ;D ;D* ;D

And of course, it is priced over your budget....but you have to expect to pay for quality and sexiness in a package together.

You (and the missus) will have to take a look..I dont have a foto at hand but there are participants here that have them and if you do a search here you might find one.

Happy hunting,
    Attilio

The limited edition Silvia wrapped in red leather?

I was going to say a Silvia as well. It does not have a glaring type of steel finish, but it exudes quality and strength which may appeal to both of you.

My suggestion is to take your wife and look at machines in your area in the flesh.
    You can look at pics but its better to have a chat with the sponsors on your left and tell them what you both want and have a play.

You both need a combination of looks and the user ability in order to be satisfied.

Gary at G

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1310265562
    This could be your lucky day for a splendor which certainly looks interesting.
    But you would have to dig for a good grinder 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by 515C5658505C533D0 link=1310855295/14#14 date=1310910622
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1310265562
    This could be your lucky day for a* splendor which certainly looks interesting.
    But* you would have to dig* for a good* grinder 8-)
    Agree.... 8-)

Excellent buy for $1,400.00 :o

Mal.

Cant argue with the price, and it is a compact sized HX machine. No more having to switch over and wait for a machine to build steam as HX machines are "steam ready" all the time.

And it will outperform just about any machine at new price in your stated price bracket!

Actually... I also currently have one on my kitchen bench at home for my Sunday morning coffee.

Youd be mad not to look at it* ;)

Cant do any more than that!

A.

Quote Originally Posted by 5A404D4C5E48505A5A290 link=1310855295/13#13 date=1310910525
    I was going to say a Silvia as well. It does not have a glaring type of steel finish, but it exudes quality and strength which may appeal to both of you.
    This is the one I was talking about ;)
    From a sponsor too.
    http://www.coffee-a-roma.com.au/shop/en/coffee-machines-1/rancilio-silvia-v3-limited-edition-22.html

Quote Originally Posted by 7D50545855390 link=1310855295/15#15 date=1310913104
    Excellent buy for $1,400.0
    note price has droped so you could get the smart grinder as well and be close to budget

How bout the FrancisFrancis X3?

Ive never used one, but within the confines of a small single boiler unit it seems to be a good machine.

Definitely striking looks too!

rancilio audrey if you can find one

Is not stainless steel but I think it is ugly!