Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113
Results 5,601 to 5,611 of 5611
Like Tree475Likes

Thread: Breville BES900 Dual Boiler - Owners thread

  1. #5601
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    7
    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi guys - I think my BES900 is just about to give up, owner since 2012 and have been working perfectly since.

    At the moment is just not extracting, or very little extraction, the pressure gauge doesn't go pass number 1, and takes at least 20-25 secs before the coffee comes out.

    I'm not as technical as some of you are in here, I have just called Breviile service centre, and they said that most of the part for BES900 is no longer available, as the newer spare parts aren't compatible.

    I am weighing to see if it's worth me pursuing the repair, or just get a new one?

    if anyone can give me some advice, that would be much appreciated

    thank you

  2. #5602
    Senior Member noidle22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bathurst
    Posts
    1,144
    Quote Originally Posted by djvkool View Post
    have just called Breviile service centre, and they said that most of the part for BES900 is no longer available, as the newer spare parts aren't compatible.
    Best to seek out another service centre. All major parts between the BES900 and BES920 are cross compatible. Depending on the model variant of your machine and what other repairs it may have had previously will dictate how much work needs to be done to it now.

    A 6 year old machine with no prior service history will probably need a quite a few parts. At the bare minimum, it's going to need a new pump and OPV and the solenoid seals checked for damage. Either of these could be the cause of your low pressure issues.
    Other repairs will be steam boiler o-ring replacement, steam level probes checked for scale build up and replaced if required. Depending on the level of scale found will indicate if a descale is required.

    There are several other common problems that affect these machines after several years but sometimes you get lucky and you get a good machine. I had a 2012 machine in today that had the original solenoid and steam tap which were in perfect working condition. They are also common parts that can fail.
    Last week I had an early 2011 model that I fixed once in 2014 (for warranty issues on the very early models) then again now. This time it was all the common repair items. The machine had close to 12,000 shots on it and the customer has only just had to spend a bit of money on repairs. Pretty good for an appliance I think.

  3. #5603
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by noidle22 View Post
    Best to seek out another service centre. All major parts between the BES900 and BES920 are cross compatible. Depending on the model variant of your machine and what other repairs it may have had previously will dictate how much work needs to be done to it now.

    A 6 year old machine with no prior service history will probably need a quite a few parts. At the bare minimum, it's going to need a new pump and OPV and the solenoid seals checked for damage. Either of these could be the cause of your low pressure issues.
    Other repairs will be steam boiler o-ring replacement, steam level probes checked for scale build up and replaced if required. Depending on the level of scale found will indicate if a descale is required.

    There are several other common problems that affect these machines after several years but sometimes you get lucky and you get a good machine. I had a 2012 machine in today that had the original solenoid and steam tap which were in perfect working condition. They are also common parts that can fail.
    Last week I had an early 2011 model that I fixed once in 2014 (for warranty issues on the very early models) then again now. This time it was all the common repair items. The machine had close to 12,000 shots on it and the customer has only just had to spend a bit of money on repairs. Pretty good for an appliance I think.
    Thank you very much for the response mate, as per your advise I will take the machine to the service centre and will get it looked at.

  4. #5604
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth Sth Hemisphere
    Posts
    1,016
    so with the buzzing issue and loss of pressure, what causes this, is it the solenoid or pump making the noise, have ordered parts pending replacement, figured they both seem to be root cause, replace both

  5. #5605
    Senior Member level3ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Sullo View Post
    so with the buzzing issue and loss of pressure, what causes this, is it the solenoid or pump making the noise, have ordered parts pending replacement, figured they both seem to be root cause, replace both
    The buzzing is the solenoid, the loss of pressure could be either but if your machine is old enough for the solenoid to be buzzing the pump won't have too long left. Also worth replacing the OPV when you do the pump.
    Sullo likes this.

  6. #5606
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth Sth Hemisphere
    Posts
    1,016
    ok so I just replaced the solenoid, awaiting other parts and only thing to happen is hot water comes thru the bottom tray, no pressure buildup nothing thru the group head?
    Faulty solenoid? I just replaced the part like for like and the gasket that comes with it, pretty darn sure I put the gasket in right, waiting for it too cool a bit more before I unscrew the solenoid to check,
    I didn't want to risk running unit with top cover off despite it probably being ok,
    any ideas?

  7. #5607
    Senior Member noidle22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bathurst
    Posts
    1,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Sullo View Post
    ok so I just replaced the solenoid, awaiting other parts and only thing to happen is hot water comes thru the bottom tray, no pressure buildup nothing thru the group head?
    Faulty solenoid? I just replaced the part like for like and the gasket that comes with it, pretty darn sure I put the gasket in right, waiting for it too cool a bit more before I unscrew the solenoid to check,
    I didn't want to risk running unit with top cover off despite it probably being ok,
    any ideas?
    Didn't forget to plug the wires back in to the solenoid coil? I've done it before.....

    This would mean the solenoid is always open to the tray and won't close to direct water to the group.
    Sullo likes this.

  8. #5608
    Senior Member level3ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,488
    Yeah something isn't working in the solenoid, can't tell you if it's electrical or mechanical from here sorry. If you're not comfortable with the top off maybe best to let someone else fault find.

  9. #5609
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth Sth Hemisphere
    Posts
    1,016
    Quote Originally Posted by noidle22 View Post
    Didn't forget to plug the wires back in to the solenoid coil? I've done it before.....

    This would mean the solenoid is always open to the tray and won't close to direct water to the group.
    Im pretty sure I did I had a laugh But Ill check again



    Quote Originally Posted by level3ninja View Post
    Yeah something isn't working in the solenoid, can't tell you if it's electrical or mechanical from here sorry. If you're not comfortable with the top off maybe best to let someone else fault find.
    Nah its more cos there was a big boily thing there thought best not stretch the cabling going to the doodat on the roof, that plus I couldn't be bothered holding it whilst it warmed up, plus err of the safer side.
    Is the solenoid suppoed to make a click or anything discernible? Going to check again, I cant remember how to meter out a solenoid if at all possible without adding in voltage and my bench supply is at work.
    And Im already in jammie pants :P

  10. #5610
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth Sth Hemisphere
    Posts
    1,016
    just checked again, I do indeed hear a discernible click and then nothing happens, ill let it cool open it up completely and check all wiring incase something else has come off.
    Bugger.....

  11. #5611
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth Sth Hemisphere
    Posts
    1,016
    and the wait for the replacement ulka pump continues, sorted solenoid issue, works but not pumping the waters OPV valves in a bag awaiting its lower friend to arrive argh! (venting)



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 25th April 2012, 11:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •