Thread: BDB Not Working

BDB Not Working

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Err1 Message comes up
    I have switched off at the power , reset the machine.
    I get the temp going to 120 and the err1 comes up
    Lockout u cant press a thing.
    Had steam while it was trying to get going and i had hot water coming out when i used the dial
    Has anyone else had this ?
    Less than 4 weeks old
    Marty :(

Re: BDB Not Working

sounds like a return under warranty.

Re: Locked

Ill post what happened when i picked up the machine today after being rung up and told its ready for collection.

Attached is the Order/Warranty Form
    Note Customers instructions and Complaints
    Doesnt get to right pressure goes to over temperature then dies / "needs software update" per Breville

The nice lady brings it to the counter. Nearly tripped over the dog and down the stairs my heart went in my mouth for a minute.
    "All Fixed im given the form attached"
    Looks like the thermister valve went. Whatever that is.
    I asked the question "The pressure fault is fixed ? "
    Answer "Ill check with the technician"
    Off she goes and by the way this was nice and friendly the whole way no cross words spoken.
    She comes back "the technician didnt see that and you would need the portafiller to do that and you didnt supply that

If he had seen that maybe i would have bought the portafiller down had a coffee in the cafe next door while he tried it.

BTW right behind her was the same machine in a box
    I dont know maybe health regulations why couldnt they have used the portafiller out of the that box

Ahh ok i said and the Software update ?
    "he doesnt know anything about that" was the reply
    I was then asked what i want to do with the machine ...I had a laugh
    Calmly i replied "Make Coffee I hope" i eventually had to take the machine 3/4 back home to pick up the portafiller and 3/4 of an hour back in peak hour meant i wouldnt get it back in time or get to ring Breville either. So i took it back.

I have had it home reset the settings now i have a leak at the back of the portafiller when brewing a cup

I dont know what to do now.

I suppose another one and half hour trip to the service centre at my expense.

I have deleted the companies name off the form andy as not to upset you.

I am at my wits end now we will see what tommorrow brings when i ring the customer service centre. Im actually getting to the stage of hating the machine and it made good coffee when it was working properly for that i have no complaints.

Blog Entries

(moved the thread back here... everyone be nice or it will get locked and the offending posts removed again)

Blog Entries

Did you ever take it back to the reseller that sold it to you?

I would have assumed that any amount of running around would be done by them.

I did Andy he is local a really nice guy too.
    He was away and i couldnt get him.
    The soldiers were not much help.
    The last machine which was DOA an 860 they wanted a number from the company before the swap could be made. Its thursday night late night trading im going to pop down talk to John (owner) about it if hes there
    Let you know what he says
    Marty

Been in there tomorrow they are going to see what they can do. Update you tommorrow.
    Marty

Ahh well the course of action now is i have to take it back to the retailer. They are going to run it there and the breville rep will come in monday.
    Heres waiting for Monday its turning into a nightmare.
    Marty

Monday PM all done and dusted. Making nice coffee
    Happy Chappy once again.

Thankyou "Breville"

So what happened Choppy?

The machine i had ...had some problems.
    I recieved a new machine today. From the retailer.
    The new machine is the version 2
    The portafiller doesnt have the plastic.
    4 cups 2 at 2 different times spot on guage where it should have been (must be a good doser and tamper ;-) ) Sensational cup of coffee.
    I knew it wasnt me i had a few 860s and always put out a decent cup to the guests. It had a head and pressure problem i was just unlucky.
    the retailer came to the party hes gonna sorted it out with the state rep. Ended up a pleasant experience today after three weeks frustration.
    I must say i do LOVE the machine kills my 860.

With every thing in life .....some thing happen
    I have the machine i wanted and its makes great coffee my luck isnt the best im a bit of a jinx theres not many guys that buy there son a car (new Commodore) Turn up as a surprise with him in the car. There"s the your car give him the keys he puts them in the lock the lock wont turn ....giggled like a schoolgirl hot day in perth for some reason the locking ignition had melted unreal had to go back next day. They had to take the ignition out of the car and replace before he even got out of the carpark. These things only happen to me :-)

I had a laugh! Glad it ended well for you.

Glad it ended well Choppy. I am sure Breville themselves would have made it right but its good that your guy came through and removed them from the process for you. Seems quite a few of the Majors are taking this approach lately and it will only go in their favor...

What the difference in V1 and V2 of the 900 ? plastic in the porta and thats it ? Mine must be a V2 then cause i pulled the plastic out :)

Also what was your process to getting a successful resolution, who did you contact? Who did you deal with... Where did your machine go... What is your advice.

This information could be very helpful for anyone else experiencing the same troubles as you... As you probably gathered from us, we had some general knowledge, but none of us have really had any issues with our machines so we couldnt really report what to do, other than generic advice on a faulty item.

If you provide more specifics it can help others with the 900 if they have any issues in the future.

BTW, welcome back to the club and happy cupping 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by 536F6E75736262693634070 link=1334019822/13#13 date=1334587393
    What the difference in V1 and V2 of the 900 ? plastic in the porta and thats it ? Mine must be a V2 then cause i pulled the plastic out :)

Also what was your process to getting a successful resolution, who did you contact? Who did you deal with... Where did your machine go... What is your advice.

This information could be very helpful for anyone else experiencing the same troubles as you... As you probably gathered from us, we had some general knowledge, but none of us have really had any issues with our machines so we couldnt really report what to do, other than generic advice on a faulty item.

If you provide more specifics it can help others with the 900 if they have any issues in the future.

BTW, welcome back to the club and happy cupping* 8-)
    As discussed previous i bought mine last one off the shelf at a local store. It was the last one and they reboxed it for me ...it had never been used it was on display Im pretty loyal to the store i find that if i buy something form a tv to a coffee machine there round the corner and they will save me some dough and stop me having to drive kms to pick up an item. They price match something and knock a few bucks off as well.
    That first one came with the plastic insert in the portafiller and i never got the bar pressure i was meant too even adjusting grinds etc. So by my reckoning that was the V1
    The V2s have no plastic and the OPV is adjusted.
    Which has been stated before in the forumns

The girls at the shop tried for two days to get the machine to work it ended up leaking from the head on the majority of pours. They actually have the same machine there they actually use for the staff coffees. So theyre pretty experienced with the machine. They ended up contacting some-one through Breville and it was agreed to replace my machine. It took the weekend and monday by the time they trialled the machine and reported to Breville
    The new machine came home with me today unbelievable the difference in coffee extraction. I was rapped i actually drove to a place and got some fresh beans and have playing with dose etc
    Even better .....a bit of trial and setup but i cant believe the results im getting.
    I did too by some crema milk as well. I had a coffee in a Cafe in Darch today it was honestly close to the best i have tasted.
    The best cup i ever had was in Jamie Olivers Italian Restaraunt In Shepards Bush London...oops got side tracked....I had a laugh
    All in all i wanted this machine as soon as it was released and i am very happy with the way its going now. One happy chappy the retailer went into bat for me.
    The moral of the story be loyal to your retailer.
    Marty

dunno about V2 ? Mine opens OPV at 10.5 bar which is what they where re adjusted too down from 12-13 bar. As for plastic in the porta, it SHOULD be there because its designed for people who dont preheat the porta so the hot coffee doesnt hit a cold base of porta...

Phil said that the plastic insert was going to be removed and it seems it now has been.

ah ok... is that about it ? No plastic insert ?

So far as I know there is no version 2 - just the removal of the plastic insert. Breville also changed the calibration of the OPV on later builds so they dont need to be recalibrated.