Thread: cleaning water tank and water carrying tubes of Rancilio Silvia from "gunk" ?

cleaning water tank and water carrying tubes of Rancilio Silvia from "gunk" ?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    greetings all

I have been using the 2010 model of Rancilio Silvia to make exclusively double-shots (now using bottomless naked Rancilio portafilter and Synesso double ridgeless basket in it) and so far very happy.
    I don't use the steam at all.

The question I have about cleaning the inside of the plastic water tank and also inside the plastic water tubes that suck the water from the tank into the machine.

There is a Cross-Shaped piece of plastic in the bottom corner of the water tank that after 2+ years of use is of brown colour.
    It was meant to hold the water tubes in place, I guess, and I need to figure out how to clean it properly. Any suggestions?
    I need to find some sort of special brush that will get inside and clean it properly?

Second related cleaning question - the plastic water carrying transparent tubes - they also seem to be a little "off colour", on the inside.
    How to I clean those?

I suspect these may be affecting the taste.

I do replace water in the machine *daily* but after a while the "gunk" still accumulates......

thanks

Dont know how you would clean the little cross section, group head brush?, the cross is not even needed in the silvia its to hold the low water level bouy in the S24/Lucy...

The hoses can be replaced, they are silicone 6mm inside diameter, 9mm outside, I got 2m off ebay for <$15 which would replace both tubes twice

I clean my tank with a bottle brush. Works a treat in the cross section.

Quote Originally Posted by spin_addict View Post
    I clean my tank with a bottle brush. Works a treat in the cross section.
    thanks, do you recall where you bought that bottle brush to fit the cross section?

It was just something i found at the local supermarket in the cleaning isle.